Anonymous
Years ago

Spurs flopping

Have to say I feel for the Mavs, Binelli and Parker took to flopping after the Mavs gave the Spurs a red hot push in the first half. Ellis and Harris ripping it up. Spurs turnovers and Mavs defensive pressure maked for an exciting game.. Starting to like this Mavs team but losing the love for Spurs. Reminisent of the Cats antics and not liking it. Integrity lost. Why is it that the worse fakers are those who are great shooters who have to resort to rubbish to break down the opposition when they are losing. Just shoot man and if the rest of your team is crap on the night so be it. Mavs should be calling the refs up on the flops and fakes as they are ridiculously obvious.

Topic #34319 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #471596 | Report this post

GOSIXERS  
Years ago

Its the Perth Wildcats all over again. Spurs sponsored by the Perth Wildcats, full of floppers. They must be paying Redhage, Wagstaff and Co to train the how to Flop effectively.

Reply #471619 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Can we go a week without a flopping thread?

Reply #471621 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

#471596 leads the way with most sensible post on this thread

Reply #471625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Perth fans hate it as their championship is tarnished.

Reply #471631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I expect Jack Toft to make an appearance soon this is his kind of thread

Reply #471634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again thanks for the complement - Not Jack Toft

Reply #471639 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This seems to be the 6'er fan base coping mechanism for losing.

You'd think they'd got used to that feeling in the last 3 years.

The lack of class is really quite disturbing.

Reply #471643 | Report this post

GOSIXERS  
Years ago

Lacking class, rubbish, perth lack class with their flopping. Tainted championship.

Reply #471646 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Yes....because there was 34 points of flopping in Game 3.

Dickhead.

Reply #471652 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I don't think the championship is tainted at all the better team won on the day.
As a Perth fan I'm not bothered by flopping threads if it makes sixers fans feel better then I encourage it.

Reply #471653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Sixers Fan. Basketball Fan..... Different animal...

Reply #471668 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

What is it about flopping that basketball fans find so much more offensive than deliberate fouling that happens much more frequently and persistently? The dislike of flopping seems to be about a perception that players are cheating or in some way doing something that is against the spirit of the game. So how is that different to "making the guy earn it from the line" by "hard fouling" after the other team or player has beaten you by skill? Especially in the closing period of a close game where the fouling team "have to resort to rubbish to break down the opposition when they are losing", as the OP put it.

I truly don't understand the distinction. It just seems to be Orwellian doublethink to me.

Reply #471773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious. If there is a hard foul the perpetrator is punished. In cases of flopping the perpetrator is rewarded... Thats one hell of a difference........

Reply #471780 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754