Anonymous
Years ago

BNSW MJL Round 6

Does anyone have anything from this weeks round?

Topic #34331 | Report this topic

BaBaBlackSheep  
Years ago

Had an opportunity to watch a very promising looking Penrith 16M1 side play against a mediocre at best Sydney City 16M1 side... Due to my surprise Sydney City defeated Penrith.

Reply #471849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know results from U18 Mens?

Reply #471860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths downed Sutherland
Bankstown over Blacktown by about 10
Hills got Hornsby by about 70

Reply #471863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths 18 men seem a lock to win Sydney and state!

Top 4 at classic I predict.

16s still a two horse race with bruins and penrith

14 boys comp wide open

Reply #471870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths 18 Men, whilst good, I don't think they are a 'lock' to win State. Will go to a Country team, either Illawarra or Newcastle I think.

Reply #471872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After the dismal showing at Nationals - I'll take any NSW Metro sides talking themselves up as sheer woofing.

Reply #471881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't blame Norths they didn't have anyone in the Metro team.

Newcastle/Illawarra favourites for State.

Reply #471885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U16 is still a tight competition. Norths, Comets, Penrith and Hornsby can push for top spot.

Reply #471887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on 16W1?

I only know that Hornsby def Hills in a close one.

Reply #471901 | Report this post

BaBaBlackSheep  
Years ago

14M1 competition, wide open.
A certain individual, perhaps a parent, is very optimistic.
Norths have metro and state wrapped up nice and tightly in a bag.

Reply #471911 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Norths top 4 for classic?
Do you have any understanding of the high level of competition in the VJBL for this U18 age group? Basketball Victoria could have sent another 2 teams to the nationals and from what I saw of the strength of the tournament - both would have made the semis. Have a look at the East Coast Challenge - the 2 Vic Metro teams lost one game only and that was to each other. Anyone who says that the Nationals are where the best or most talented players in Australia play is mistaken. There are many players playing Championship in the VJBL who could have represented Vic Metro. Some of those picked were not the "best" playes available - they were the "best" players at running the shuffle - this is what the coaching staff were looking for. Take some of these kids out of the shuffle and they struggle.

Reply #471913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sticking by my prediction of Norths 18s to go top 4. They are the best coached team there I'd venture to say!

Let's just wait and see..

VIC METRO..... more like VIC metNO

Reply #472008 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If Norths didn't have anyone in the NSW Metro U18 nationals team and they make the top 4 at the classic then you really must ask Basketball NSW about their state selection process. NSW Metro were very average at the nationals - well below their normal standard. If you think Norths can make the classic top 4 then why in such a relatively weak NSW Metro team are there no Norths players?

Reply #472011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mayb the metro coach doesn't like norths?

Reply #472015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or maybe Norths are just woofing and aren't very good? I'll take the later...

Reply #472030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dare say you are right.

Reply #472031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are six games unbeaten into the Metro season. Can't be woofing too much.

Reply #472038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of woofing about that Norths 18M1 team. 6-0 is good but they have very little competition at the moment. Country League is far more competitive for that age group and I think they'd probably scrape in 4th place in that league.

Reply #472040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be close in U/18 mens.As they stand now after 7 games.Central Coast, Newcastle, Gosford & Illawarra make the 4 at the moment.Any one of these could win state, with Hills & Norths, haven't seen Penrith

Reply #472053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, looking very close. I think Illawarra and Newcastle have been the standout teams in CPL to date and will probably finish top 2. Think Norths will win Metro League with probably either Hills (if they pick up their game) or Penrith to finish second. As far as State goes, can't really split Illawarra, Newcastle as to who would take out the title, with Norths not far behind those two. Hills are more than capable of beating either one of those three teams but on current form, don't look like doing so.

Reply #472056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah 18m looks like it is going to be a good competition.

What about 16m? Any thoughts for Metro/State?

Reply #472062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bankstown for Metro. Illawarra for State.

No one else close.

Reply #472065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they can be woofing - winning NSW Metro comp obviously means nothing. Dare say at least 10 Vic sides would be better, and at least one SA team.

Reply #472071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths are at best a top 4 Metro team. Hills, Penrith, and Bankstown are far superior to Norths.

It is very easy to see why they had no state players.

Reply #472089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths yet to play Penrith. Beat Hills. Beat Bankstown. Easily best in Metro.

Reply #472092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Newcastle in the 16m? They could come close to winning state...
I still don't think Bankstown are the best team in Metro. Good players but average coach with not much experience IMO

Reply #472125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have Newcastle beaten Illawarra yet? Hard to make a case that they're a real shot to win State if they can't knock off the Hawks. Though they should compete with Bankstown and Penrith. Illawarra the presumptive favourite until someone actually beats them.

Reply #472131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newcastle are a good side but can't see anyone beating Illawarra - so well drilled under John Hargreaves. Might come close in the end though with Illawarra's tall lad apparently out for the season

Reply #472132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Illawarra are definitely clear favorites. Bankstown will give Hawks a run for their money just like they did last year when Hawks were clear favorites to win. Bankstown also missing, for the season, possibly the best player in the state.

Reply #472140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks lack size. But certainly have the guards.

Reply #472142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?? Bankstown best player in the state - who would that be?

Reply #472147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shareef

Reply #472256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754