Anonymous
Years ago

How much does a NBL franchise cost?

Just wondering, how much would it cost for say a successful business man to own an NBL franchise per annum?

Topic #34362 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

Depends, you want Townsville or Perth?

Reply #472405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, how much is the licence fee and initial up front costs?

I know on an ongoing basis it can be costly unless you are Wildcats or breakers...

Could say the new bullets owner get a team granted for free if he puts up big money as security for ongoing costs fro the years to come?

Reply #472413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cost on average?

Reply #472417 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Min $3,000,000 to start up. But that's on a shoe string budget.

Reply #472423 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

$26 mill for the 36s and a stint behind bars

Reply #472425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how much would perth be worth?

Reply #472426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 mill to get a team off the ground...why so damn expensive..!!?? What are some of the overheads besides the obvious (rent of a venue, game night expenses, admin and players wages, travel expenses)??
I read that Floyd Mayweather is interested in buying the Clippers, I wonder how much the Clips would set ya back?? He would make a great owner, not short of a dollar!

Reply #472446 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Clippers 500-600 million

Reply #472452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not worth the stress

Reply #472459 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Clippers $1 Billion +!

Reply #472468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't read any of the expression of interest documents that the league put out.

I assume to have a new franchise licence approved a potential ownership group wouldn't be paying anything as the league wants expansion.

The potential ownership group would need to show/prove they have financial backing, and a business plan to develop the club and experience in starting/running successful companies among other things.

They wouldn't grant a licence to some 19 year old kid that has just won the lottery.

Reply #472478 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Bendat said he wouldn't sell the Wildcats for any reasonable price.

Anything is for sale if you offer enough though, he said if you offered him $100 Million he might consider it.

Reply #472479 | Report this post

Jo  
Years ago

Clippers were 2.1 billion!!!

Reply #802316 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

>They wouldn't grant a licence to some 19 year old kid that has just won the lottery.

Or would they?

Reply #802342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most NBL teams are $1. You are buying the right to lose money

Reply #802343 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754