Nath
Years ago

Are the Lady Braves Priorities Right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the SEABL the second tier league?
If my information is correct then why do Bendigo seem hell bent on spending and assembling like they are?
Surely with the town having a WNBL side they should be using the SEABL to develop those WNBL 5 or 10mpg players into valuable sparks off the bench instead of getting a championship caliber squad and THEN topping it off with an import (off the top of my head i think she was a high WNBA pick?)...
I'm not from Bendigo and I don't know what goes on but it seems awfully foolish not to use the SEABL to their advantage. Dandenong are and it will benefit them putting minutes into the likes of Clydesdale and Scherf, not to mention the young stars they have at the 1 and 2.
Maybe somebody knows something i don't. But to me, Bendigo are doing it all wrong! A middle of the road SEABL side developing the WNBL into a continued powerhouse beats a few $20 fabric SEABL banners any day of the week IMO

Topic #34369 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

You might find they need the import to fill a need in the roster that they couldn't find locally to develop into there WNBL program.

They seem to be a smart organisation so i would back them to be making the right decisions in terms of were they spend and who they recruit.

Reply #472652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the import

Reply #472661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way Dandenong juniors flee left right and centre once they hit the WNBL stage, I wouldn't be so quick to compare them to Bendigo...

Reply #472663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very few dandenong junior actually make the wnbl roster to begin with those that do have usually been either AIS or Australian national players, the problem with the last crop of juniors that flew the coop last yr they all wanted big minutes even as 19 and 20 yr olds in a league where the average age is 26.they won't get that at a place like dandenong they have way too many experienced players and imports at their disposal. Sherf was not a dandenong junior, infact the only true dandenong juniors currently in the SEABL group are Clydesdale, Philips and Antoniadou , the rest didn't do their junior years at dandenong though have been there some time. And only Clydesdale and Antoniadou are on the wnbl roster.

Reply #472668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the import will be?????

Reply #472669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=9506&cHash=5594d0e6b6

Reply #472671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waste of time and money imports are, they only here for cash, better off putting time and effort into someone who may play for you for ten years

Reply #472674 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

The rift between the Bendigo Braves organisation and the Bendigo Spirit is well known. The two organisations are completely separate. So its difficult to give credence any complaint that the Braves organisation should be better serving the interests of the Spirit.

Reply #472683 | Report this post

The Fog  
Years ago

How about the best junior of all time returning to the WNBL Rangers !

Reply #472691 | Report this post

What Astor said - different boards, different objectives. Whilst there is some overlap now with Goodman, the Lady Braves priority is SEABL first, WNBL development second.

Reply #472693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The frog and who might that be???

Reply #472703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754