Mystro
Years ago

Breakers unlikely to snag Rob Loe

After some standout performances in the NCAA tourney NZ's Rob Loe is likely headed straight to Europe.
Having a British Passport almost makes it a certainty and his recently signed agent has confirmed that is more than likely the case. NZ had hoped to sign him as he is a former breakers academy player and a talented big to back up pledger.
The breakers are still in pursuit of Cedric Jacksons signature .

Topic #34373 | Report this topic

Maxymoo  
Years ago

He would of been a good young blood to get, however I would of thought he might be in danger of being an outsider on this team

Reply #472701 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He has played in the Tall Blacks with most of the Breakers and was the NZ Under 21 Captain. They all know each other well and get along. Richard Clarke will approach him when he's back in Auckland for Tall Black trials and make sure he gets the same story as the agent is spinning.

Reply #472707 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I thought this bloke would be short odds for rookie of the year.

Shame as he sounded like the big you guys needed!

So any chance of Wilkinson or Frank returning ?

Reply #472782 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers will be evaluating their options as they require backup for Pledger & Vukona.

Truman
Frank
Wilkinson
Hudson
Conklin

It's a given that NZ will go with an Import PG and I see them targeting a Conklin/Hudson type Import who can play D, rebound & score inside.

Reply #472808 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Conklin would be a great buy for the Breakers as they don't really lose anything with him as you still have the 7 footer or the incredible hustle of Vukona and he just compliments that.

Wilkinson deserves a new contract and is great for the league and getting opposition incensed and sometimes you need that to get the crowd up and going again

Reply #473040 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I love Conklin. Early on in his professional career and is already getting it done. Only going to get better.

However, I don't think he would compliment Vukona. If anything, he would be taking Vukona's minutes.

Both Vukona and Conklin are too good to be splitting minutes at that 4 spot.

Rather than having Conklin - Vukona split mins(20mins each), I would rather get a cheap backup PF like Frank (so Vukona can play 28-30 mins and Frank 10-12mins or more), and use the money and points elsewhere. i.e. Point Guard.

I am also becoming a bit worried about the SG spot. It was a weakness last year. But maybe that had something to do with the PG we had and the kind of style/game he ran.

But, obviously you're talking about a 40 minute game. Usually 1 game a week or so, sometimes 2. Good teams have good starting 5s. Having a bench is good. But need to sort out starting 5 first.

Reply #473043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the 2 spot I think the breakers need to trust Webster more instead of Corletto.

Reply #473049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754