Mick
Years ago

Zach Randolph suspended for game 7

Is that all she wrote now for the Griz?

Serial punch taker Steven Adams copped another blow to the chops and got Zach Randolph suspended for game 7.

Your thoughts?

Topic #34374 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

love how Adams facial expression doesn't change after the contact

Reply #472756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yup, in super slow motion you can see the elbow and a punch! Lucky Adams is such a tuff guy.

Reply #472768 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

not suspension worthy

Reply #472770 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's a bit rough suspending anyone for a game 7 but at the same time its a fist to the jaw...pretty cut and dry

Reply #472772 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Love how Adams never reacts or flops. Takes it on the chin literally, the way he's going he may end up the most beat up on player ever lol.
He's been punched or elbowed 4-5 times and never retaliates or even reacts.

Reply #472773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adams is saving these all up and making a list. And then one day he will go door-knocking when he's retired and Silver ain't watching, visiting each of these guys with his sister as an accomplice...

Reply #472776 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Hahaha love Adams. He's certainly in the wrong decade as a big man, the 90s would have been great for him

Reply #472778 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I just love it how he had gotten so many guys suspended. I wonder if there is a recorded stat for "blows taken that result in opponent suspensions". He's an all timer.

The best part about every incident is that you can watch it in slow mo and at the moment of contact there is never a grimace, a flinch, a contortion; nothing. Just stoic.

Reply #472781 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

They prob have a "no flinch" rule in the Adams family and he didn't want a hiding from one of his brothers or sisters.

Reply #472785 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

I think Steve Adams is the 2010's version of a less skilled Mark Bradtke at the same age.

A 22 year old Bardtke (sans Mullet) would have been a top 10 draft pick nowadays

Reply #472789 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Suspended for that? Now that's soft.

Reply #472790 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Less skilled yeah but he's bigger, quicker and more athletic than Bradtke...

Reply #472793 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

From twitter - Steven Adams has gotten Vince Carter, Jordan Hamilton, Larry Sanders, Nate Robinson & Zach Randolph ejected, fined or suspended in 13-14.

Reply #472800 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Also, probably common knowledge, but I just learned Adams us the youngest of 18(!) children and his sister is a dual Olympic gold medalist in shot put. Incredible family, I suspect there are some pretty big units among the other 16 too.

Reply #472801 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think at least one of his brothers has played ball for NZ. One of his sisters could rag doll Randolph lol.

Reply #472807 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

@mick

Bradtke was a legit 6'11 (even though he was recorded as 6'10") which using the american practice of measuring would have meant that he was a 7 footer.

I remember Bradtke when he was the same age, he was just as agile and strong. I would even argue that he was more athletic (what a shame that there is nothing on you tube)

Reply #472822 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@billo, yep they keep trying it on with him but he appears to be too smart for them. Remember Bogut saying a while back that NBA stands for 'No Boys Allowed'...

Well, in his first full season I am sure Adams has been tested by these veterans and he stands up for himself, good for him, love it!

May his list tally continue, we may have to relate his list of disqualified players to him being in Beast Mode?!!

Reply #472824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754