Punter
Years ago

Jordan Dodman

How good is this kid going. Carving out a career in two sports at the one time.
He played a solid game for SA in the National U/18 Footy Champs Sunday in Melbourne.
Apparently he plays in there next game Wednesday before flying home to fly out with the Under 18 SA Country Basketball team Thursday. BUSY BOY
It will be interesting to see how much longer before he has to make a choice between the two sports.

Topic #3439 | Report this topic

brix  
Years ago

The big word from Saberland is that we will take up footy

Reply #39570 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

they are a great family and deserve all the trimmings life brings - after a personal family set back a few years ago

Reply #39571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the Under 18s SA vs. Vic Country on Fox Footy, and Jordan certainly looked a promising prospect. With that kinda size (6'8" if I'm not mistaken?) he could develop into a real force in the ruck for a team willing to take a punt on him, as many teams in the AFL are struggling for genuine ruck size at the moment. The future certainly looks bright for this fella!

Reply #39574 | Report this post

SAndra  
Years ago

DOes anyone have a pic of the big fellah?

Reply #39577 | Report this post

diddy  
Years ago

Jordie is a champion, he's bigger than 6'8 i think he's about 6'10, havent seen him in a while but. cant wait to see how he goes at perth, he's got game.

Reply #39589 | Report this post

Hooping  
Years ago

Jordan has has and will move to footy as he is seeing more options for his future coming from the AFL. Couple of clubs are on board already and looking at drafting him. He was noticed by Crows and St Kilda when he was just 13 and 6ft5. Good luck to Jordan as he will do well in football as he is a very tough kid. By the way to stop any confusion he is 204cms. Believe that works out to 6ft8 3/4.

Reply #39591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea hes like 6'9" ish. i heard that he was being scouted by the Swans back in his 14 second year days. hes more suited to footy, he seems to be more hard nosed on the field than on the court. he has to make a decision what he wants to do however, i can see him being signed next year by an AFL team if he makes a decision.

Reply #39600 | Report this post

AussieMj  
Years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Man you guys really dont know the kid!This is a gifted athlete and i have had the pleasure of coaching him and being a mate to talk to at carnivals.This kid wants to enjoy sport and play, just to play. People are far to narrow minded to think this and that, but does anyone realise that he is just a kid (and a darn good kid at that)a kids can be talented in more than 1 sport. Plus being a country kid, he can play and dominate in more than 1 sport? AFL??AIS?? Who knows?? Who cares?? I just know, if you know Jordan then you would be happy just to say you know him because he is a very nice,very polite kid! There should be more kids like him in sport.

Reply #39613 | Report this post

i played against jordie in footy and will play against him this year again in the under 18s. He is quite awesome at football a big guy with great hands and and athletic ablity. He could still get a bit stronger (he got cleaned up up a couple of times last time i saw) but thats cool he will hes a strong minded kid by the sounds of it. I would like to see what hes like on the basketball court

Reply #39620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i played with him so my opinion is comin from another peers view who has to run with him on the court. hes just a kid? hes almost 18 mate, he needs to start making desicions about his life right about now if he wants to do anyting in life. as for dominate AIS, he quit so dominating it doesnt seem very likely. whats country kid got to do with anything? lol. he could be from city and still dominate, makes no real difference apart from the one on one training he would recieve.

Reply #39863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well where to start. I'm the lady who does his washing and sleeps with his Dad! Just to set all of you straight - he's 203cm tall, he has a number of options that he can pursue in both basketball and football and still has a couple of months before he has to make a definite decision. Yes he is a polite nice young man but he doesn't keep his room very tidy! He did have a couple of great games (he can't play the last one because of basketball commitments)in the U18 fooy champs. We are also expecting big things from him at the Basketball Nationals over the next 10 days. To the young lady? who wants the picture - sorry he's fairly shy but there are plenty on the net.

Reply #40153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amen

Reply #40203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG!!
I think my bro is famous. I am the sister of this Jordan Dodman that everyone is talkin about. Everyone keeps on saying that he will play footy over basketball? My opion is that he will choose the one he wants to do and the sport he likes best. In the future it will be hard for him to choose but i am sure he will make a great decision.

And all the people out there that want to kno how jordan is going in perth (basketball), he is doing great so far.

Reply #40287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doddy from everyone at BMW (Booleroo Melrose Wilmington) footy and netball clubs... we are very VERY proud of what you are doing and we will be behind you 110% with what ever career path you choose, whether it will be footy or basketball!! WE ALL LOVE U JORDAN!!! Mwah!!

Reply #40859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hello to the person who is from BMW. I think Jordan says thanks and will catch up with you all when he gets back from Perth on Sunday because he might go and play some more footy for u guys! So thanks again!

Reply #40976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WE COUNTRY KIDS RULE!

Reply #47418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WE COUNTRY KIDS RULE!
WE COUNTRY KIDS RULE!

Reply #48509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WE COUNTRY KIDS ROCK!

Reply #65034 | Report this post

Yatesy  
Years ago

HEY!!!!!
GO u big fella!! were u drunk at the rodeo???

Reply #70444 | Report this post

emily FITZGERALD  
Years ago

hey guys im just a family friend of jordan, only spoken to him once or so.seems like a good lad, and i say he should go for whatever sport he wnats, as long as he is playing sport, keeping fit, and having a good time i think thats all that matters.and to jordan and his family im sorry about your loss a few years ago, my mum and dad apprently knew her. :) oh and jesus is he tall he was standing next to my dad at the 2007 races my friend and i went to talk to dad and he just TOWERED over us i thought i was a fair height for a 14 year old 5"10, but he beats me by a loong shot. haha

Reply #187729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754