Benno
Years ago

Joe Ingles NBA interest still strong

Although his form hasn't been to great lately, many teams are still very interested in his services. He has an NBA out clause in his contract.

teams interested: Memphis Grizzlies, Atlanta Hawks, Utah Jazz

via http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/113438/hawksgrizzlies-and-jazz-eye-joe-ingles-for-the-next-season.html

Topic #34425 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is agent fluff. He won't be in the NBA on a guaranteed deal........

Reply #473734 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Not at all, Source was David Pick one of the best in the business. The Woj of Europe.

Reply #473735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Woj is the Woj of Europe :)

Reply #473740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

non g or partial g maybe, that I would believe. Hardly lighting up Europe!

Reply #473748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He had an nba offer this season although turned it down.

Reply #473750 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's a different game though. Lots of guys who never "lit up" Europe have had long and successful NBA careers.

Reply #473753 | Report this post

billy the kidd  
Years ago

Ingles has got game. He could have already been in the NBA if he already wanted. Should be in next season.

Reply #473755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly, anyone who thinks he turned down a guaranteed deal even @ minimum is kidding themselves. He had vet camp invites and possibly a non g'tee deal like Delly. He is not making a big chunk in europe to play the David Andersen waiting game, so whats the excuse?

Reply #473758 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

pero antic didn't dominate europe but has done well in the NBA

Reply #473764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has been confirmed he had a guaranteed deal offered last off-season but the Macabbi offer was much better.

Reply #473767 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

needs to move without the ball better

Reply #473770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

needs to watch out for uppercuts

Reply #473773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I don't think Ingles would be knocking back a guaranteed deal in the NBA for what might be a few dollars more in Israel.

It's every basketball player's dream to play in the NBA and saying you've played in the NBA brings automatic kudos, given the varying standard of leagues in Europe no one really cares if you played in Europe or not. So has Pero Vasiljevic, BJ Anthony etc.

Reply #473775 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Jo would be making a very good clip and my understanding was he chose to play in Europe rather than sit on the bench in the NBA.

Sounds like pretty solid thinking to me, if you love the game - play the game ...not everyone is driven.

The travel in Europe is also far, far less than the US and trust me that can end up being a factor too.

Reply #473800 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon two above, Joe is playing for one of the six power clubs in Europe, and playing for one of the best coaches going around. He will contest the Euroleague Final Four this weekend, and plenty of ballers in that part of the world would take a Euroleague title over being a reserve in the NBA.

Reply #473805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We don't need to worry about joe too much. Whatever decision he makes it will involve him making 500k plus over the next few years while playing the game he loves.

He'll be ok.

Hopefully he rips it up for the Boomers later this year.

Reply #473808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles barely even plays in Maccabi, just like he barely even played at the end of his time in Barca.

He should probably go to the NBA, just so he can get actual playing time. He's one of those players like Rubio that's possibly a scrub in Euroleague, but at least could be a decent player in the NBA.

Reply #474488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754