Anonymous
Years ago

Booker NBL quality import?

I saw booker go off for 40 on something like 8 of 11 threes against the previously unbeaten pioneers on Saturday. Nearly all of his shots were fiercely contested and he had about 11 assist as well.

What ar people's thoughts on him as an nbl import option?

Topic #34480 | Report this topic

Mark  
Years ago

I saw him vs Albury, he shot like 9/19 from 3PT, all shots were very toughly contested - it was incredible.

Looked a bit suspect when forced to dribble, albeit not very often because he pretty much always got his shot off.

Reply #474699 | Report this post

anonnnl  
Years ago

He'd tha man.

Reply #474731 | Report this post

Today  
Years ago

Not on the level, although Marty liked SC, so anything can happen.

Reply #474734 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I would expect he will get some tryouts as will Jenkins. From there its upto the coaches.

Reply #474743 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Jenkins is legit at SEABL level, goes both ways, really nice jumper with range, works the onball well & is strong in the lane....however might be a little undersized for the NBL.

Booker - Been along time since an import regularly had 35+pt games.....he looks hit and miss but with the lack of talent on his team he is attracting all the attention and some teams have even thrown doubles at him so it explains why some weeks his numbers are a little lower than others. He is certainly better than some imports whom have gotten games in the last few years.

DQ – Also could get a strong mention as a guy who could get a game in the NBL based on the fact we have had some pretty poor imports in the last few years.

Reply #474751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thing with Booker if you watch any of the highlights he is a very unselfish player, just look at the amounts of assists he has in a game- up against last years champions on sunday after 40 points against mount on Saturday night, Dandenong doubled him, harassed him from the very start, which just allowed him to set up his team mates, very cool customer who by the end of the year may be regarded as one of the best imports to play in this league, time will tell, but what I have seen of him to date, he is welecome to play in my team anytime he wants.

Reply #474755 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Agree with Anon - he is score first but is more than happy getting others into the game when double as he knows in the long run it will free him up again to impact the scoreboard.

Reply #474761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see he had 15 assists in the game against Dandenong, WOW!! In looking at Booker's past at college he averaged 24ppg at a NCAA div 1 school, he has played and lead various leagues in scoring around the world most better than the NBL France ProB, Austria, Hungary and Isreal .... From his highlights it looks like he is 4 sec infront of everybody else

Reply #474802 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

24ppg in college is huge

Reply #474977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Despite all of his great heroics at the offensive end can he defend any ???.

Reply #475077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's definetly NBL quality ..

Reply #475625 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

He can guard better than a number of imports i've seen over the last few years.

Could see him end up as a cheap import for teams that have limited cap space as an impact bench scorer for a team with go Aussie talent.

He would have been a nice fit at 6e's last yer as scorcer off the bench to strech D for big Red/DJ.

Reply #475631 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Most NBL coaches go and watch SEABL games targeting particular imports. They will then compare them to what is available overseas.Even though we dont offer huge money, the lifestyle is very attractive and you know you'll get your money.

Reply #475636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NOt NBL quality. Good player at SEABL level and recently he's been held to average numbers. He certainly has a knack of making freaky shots down the stretch however and I think he's done this for the last 3 games of so.
Defend? No TW, far from good.

Reply #475652 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

D-Leaguer down at Texas, 10 games with team mates never meet b4 with Miners. Could play NBL for sure.

Reply #475698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being an NBL import is about fit/situation/system. A lot of these players are of similar talent give or take.

Could Booker be Beal or Ennis? No.

Could he be a low budget Pace or Corin Henry type option? Potentialy. It will depend on fit, team needs, etc.

Reply #475701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely NBL talent but he will be in better leagues in Europe again, would average 20 ppg in NBL. In reading Eurobasket he had an offer to go to Puerto Rico last week but ballarat would not release him after there offer to buy his contract out, enjoy watching him while he is here

Reply #475802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely not, doesn't play D & his attitude is poor. I'll give him 1 thing, can score but thats about it

Reply #475902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's NBL how did they lose today to an all aussie kids program?

Reply #475907 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He had 31 points and 6 assists. They lost on the road by two.

Seems a bit convenient to pick one game from the season.

Reply #475915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be better to give praise to the up and coming kids at the CoE who are the future of Aussie basketball than worry about an import who might play NBL one day possible, never play.
Last week it was Jenkins, no one is talking about him now despite him playing for NWT that beat the Booker lead Ballarat on Friday night.
2 seasons ago it was Jazz, who never played NBL.
Mohammed, CJ and the list goes on.

Reply #475924 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I mentioned his D is better than a number of imports to get NBL gigs in the last few years.

The issue around attitude might have something to do with no being released to take more $$$ and play in a better league, instead now being stuck with a team that needs him to drop 40pts & 8asts per game to be competitive...so I could imagine it would be a little frustrating.

That said though he needs to stay professional and continue to put up numbers and get Ballarat W's.

Reply #475941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754