Jessie
Years ago

One on one basketball magazine

I'm looking to buy some one on one magazines from the 90's if anyone has them my dad was the one of 2 owners and I'm trying to track some down for his birthday to surprise him since he has none left due to a fire! so anyone let me know please

Topic #34496 | Report this topic

J-dogg  
Years ago

Hi I have a stack of them but I'm in Perth...

Reply #475192 | Report this post

Jessie  
Years ago

would you be willing to ship them to melbourne by post I'm really desperate he's so guttered about losing them

Reply #475196 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

That magazine was the best magazine of all time.

Reply #475208 | Report this post

Jessie  
Years ago

i know! he wish he still had it! he even took the photos for it as well so I'm trying to get a hold of some copies

Reply #475210 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Great mag which really got me hooked on the game. Sadly, I got rid of my copies last year after taking a looong time to re-read them from cover to cover.

Not much has come close to it since.

Reply #475211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great great mag. Had some until recently.. not now though. Have you tried the publisher???

Reply #475212 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Love to see this mag get back up. The best mag we had in Australia,

Reply #475218 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

I have a heap and would be willing to send to melbourne, email me at [email protected] if interested.

Reply #475230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've still got every issue of One on One sitting in a couple of boxes in my mother's garage. Got Shane Heal to sign the cover of the issue with him in his Timberwolves uni and I think got Luc Longley to sign one he was on the cover of too.

Reply #475243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should add it would take a bit for me to part with them all as I have every single issue made.

Reply #475244 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

They are great fundraisers.
Helped a lot for the local touring team. Framed some of the covers that I had got signed.

Reply #475250 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Jessie, if you don't get anywhere, message Isaac and he has my email address. Am based in Adelaide but will be in Melbourne in early June and happy to help.

Reply #475251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These guys used to have some copies floating around....

Melbourne Sports Books
51 Brunswick Road, East Brunswick, Victoria 3057
Mobile Phone: 0499 867 077

Email:- [email protected]

Shop Opening Hours

Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm

Saturday 10.00am to 12.00 noon

Reply #475256 | Report this post

AHOS  
Years ago

Being in the printing game, Hannanprint Victoria used to print the magazine. Based in Noble Park. Call them to see if they have copies sitting in job bags.

Reply #475269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome Mag!!! Wish it was stil around

Reply #475337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was the Anon at #243 & #244 I remember when One on One started in 1992 I didn't discover it until issue #3 so flogged issues #1 & #2 from the school library ;)

Reply #475339 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

There will never be another One on One magazine. As great as it was back in the day, the interweb has really put a stop to niche magazines like this from hitting the news stands again.

Got a stack of poorly looked after copies at home, but I'm in Perth and I think you have better options presented to you. I wish I kept them in better condition!

Reply #475396 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm in Perth too and I have a heap too... Such an unbelievable magazine that I saved my magazine to buy the magazine instead of lunch... Then got a subscription and it died a few issues later.

Had my room filled with One on One posters and lived to read that magazine.

Miss it so much.

Good luck in getting the magazines.

andthefoul.net.au has put some articles from One on One on their site if that is any help.

Reply #475438 | Report this post

Phi Slamma Jamma  
Years ago

Hi All - I'm after some of these as well! Intending to digitize - any condition or already digital if possible too - located in Perth which is saw many of you are please let me know any leads!

J-Dogg or Wildcat Fan!

All the best,

Simon
[email protected]

Reply #616602 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754