8. Kings
7. Lakers
6. Celtics
5. Jazz
4. Magic
3. Sixers
2. Bucks
1. Cavaliers (again!)

Cavs were a 1.7% chance at top pick. Their recent #1 picks have been 2013 (Bennett), 2011 (Irving) and 2003 (James).

Topic #34502 | Report this topic

Speed44  
Years ago

The Cavs - those lucky crumpets!

Reply #475271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is ridiculous

their recent picks have been Bennett, Waiters & Irving... I wouldn't say any of those picks have paid off for them.

Reply #475275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does that mean Exum is less likely to go to Los Angeles given that he looks to go picks 4-6?

Reply #475276 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

What a way to make up for last years pick.
Exum looking like being at Magic, Jazz, Celtics or Lakers if Lakers don't trade their pick in a Kevin Love deal.

Reply #475277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here is my top 10 picks - early days of course

1 CLE - Wiggins
2 MIL - Embiid
3 PHI - Parker
4 ORL - Randle
5 UTAH - Vonleh
6 BOS - Gordon
7 LAL - Exum
8 SAC - Saric
9 CHA - McDermott
10 PHI - Smart

Reply #475283 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Pistons :O(

Reply #475285 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Exum could fall to #6 or #7 as teams in the top 5 might not have a need for Exum based on the big boards around, Orlando looks most likely but he won't slip past 7!

Cavs: Parker - no brainer fills dengs spot plus helps them win now!

Bucks: Wiggins/Embiid - you’d think wiggins as bucks already have Centre signed for a few years.
Sixers: Could Reach for Exum but you’d think Embiid (Would slot in next Noel/Young as a nice 3 man rotation)

Magic: Looks like a good fit for Exum to play alongside Oladipo...but might look at a Randle/Gordon type player.

Jazz: Need a Strech 4 and they Like Burks/Burke so not sure if they grab Exum as can’t see him being a good fit plus not sure he is working out for them! i’d think maybe Gordon/Randle

Celtics: Can’t trade it for Love & have Rondo…but I could see them taking Exum and running him alongside Rondo….interesting fit…but they could grab Vonleh/Randle to fill need

Lakers: If Exum is still on the board he won’t get past here. Lakers have needs in all spots and he is best available at this point.

Reply #475286 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

top 3 picks will be Wiggins, Parker and Embiid. in which order I don't know. I could see Cavs going for either 3, then the bucks and 6ers will take the 2 remaining. I see Exum going to Orlando, which isn't a bad place to live and play bball. I would love for him to go to Boston and play in the backcourt with Rondo or LA but will he last that long? Idk

Reply #475291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Celtics fan, was expecting the worst and got it. For the Cavs to win it, its a big middle finger to everyone. Exum to magic looks good though penny 2.0

Reply #475296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reckon Delly will beat out whoever they pick in minutes and points again?

Reply #475298 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@Anon - Delly won't beat whomever goes #1...not in this draft....lets not forget Delly played on a poor team and got inflated mins due to starters injuries late in the year, not sure he will get those type of minutes again.

Reply #475316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well he beat who went #1 in last years draft and played on a team that wasn't terrible - playoff contenders until the last game of the season. I doubt he will outplay #1 again, but I think he's showed he belongs in the NBA. Injuries helped his cause but he played his way into the rotation and even started games in November - hardly late in the year...

Reply #475317 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Delly played well think we all agree on that but I don't see him outplaying this years #1 pick.

Reply #475320 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Joe Dumars the former GM that keeps on giving

Reply #475321 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

So if you're one of the best 2 players in the country you're going to one of two shitty cold cities.

Reply #475332 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If I was in a position to become instant millionaire I wouldn't care what city I played for. The bigger problam for these small market teams is they get these rookies for a few seasons while they develop and as soon as they become free agents many of them go to a big city team anyway.

Reply #475335 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

So the Pistons traded Ben Gordon AND the 9th pick for.. Corey Maggette?

Sweet lord.

Reply #475342 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The Pistons - never has a pro sports teams' fortunes been more of a reflection of what is happening in their actual city, more than them.

Reply #475350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Sixers fan I give a sweet (Insert bad word) you! to the Cavs. Been ultra lucky in the draft lottery since James left (read into that what you will).

I have a bit of a different view on how things might happen then most on here. From a Sixers point of view, Wiggins is no doubt the #1 pick. Has the least amount of questions and probably the highest potential. I also think there is a chance that Exum gets picked higher than expected rather than drops. For instance, if hypothetically Wiggins and Parker were 1 and 2, I think Philly would go with Exum instead of another injury concerned big man as they already have Noel.

Obviously have no idea what will happen though. Why is the draft so far away!!???

Reply #475361 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

Cavs are very lucky, if Deng leaves, they should take one of the SFs parker or wiggins, either one looks good to me.

Reply #475363 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Exum to Magic!

Reply #475369 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Cavs again? Unfknblvbl! I actually think that if they are looking to put a good team around Kyrie now, they might consider trading the #1 for Love. If not, I'd go for Embiid over Wiggins if his back checks out. Wiggins has a lot of potential, but I just think 7' centres with the potential to be two-way stars are so rare that you've gotta snap them up when they come your way.

Orlando does seem like the first team for whom Dante fits, but they'd have to be a bit worried about pairing him with Oladipo, who also doesn't shoot the ball from range real well.

Celtics once again shafted by the lottery balls. Sixth pick in this draft will be a nice player, but the real prizes will be gone by then. I'm hoping Ainge pulls another blockbuster trade with the Wolves to bring Love to Boston, followed by a trade with Houston for Asik. Failing that, I'd like to see Vonleh in green, followed by Gordon or Saric.

Reply #475591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA telling Lebron to return to Cleveland we will keep giving draft picks?

Think about it a new media circus from "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" to "I'm returning my talents to Cleveland"

Cavs though seem to piss these picks away, moronic franchise, lucky but no idea what to do with it

Reply #475715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754