Anonymous
Years ago

OKC - foul disparity

Am I imagining that in Game 1 and now game 2, OKC can't pull any fouls against Spurs on the offensive drive ?????

Topic #34512 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Going to happen against a superior defensive team, surely?

Reply #475492 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If anything this year's playoffs have had a refreshing lack of Superstar Calls.

You know the ones where an internationally-marketable, big-brand player uncontrollably charges into the paint with little intention of putting up a decent shot on possession-after-possession and just dines at the free throw line on ticky-tack fouls?

Reply #475497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still a heap of travels by Parker and co to the advantage in the paint. Not liking Duncan bear hugging and dragging Durant and then the slap on Westbrooks head, no ball attempt their. Don't get it.... PS Not an OKC fan so just my observation and not one eyed… No denying Spurs playing well and OKC lacking, but you need the calls to pull it back…

Reply #475499 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Patty in 'Beast Mode' yet???

Reply #475502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only had a quick stint and no impact...

Reply #475503 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Steven Adams almost has another playoff double/double.

Reply #475507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liking Adams. Would like to see him with greater role and show some hustle. Spurs shooting the lights out though. Can't do nothin bout that.....

Reply #475509 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Mills & Adams made the highlight plays on NBA.com.
Adams for a nice dunk and Mills for getting blocked on a layup attempt by Jones.

Adams has played just over 30mins for 9points (4/5) and 8 rebounds an assist and a block.

Mills has played just under 16 minutes for the Spurs for 0 points (0/5) and 5 rebounds, 3 assists.
Baynes has played just over 10mins for 4 points 2 rebounds.

Spurs are killing the Thunder 106-75 with 1:40 to play in the 4th.

Reply #475512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't go beast mode every game. Even Jordan had bad nights.

Reply #475513 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

exactly, and despite Mills struggles, his Team have killed OKC to take a 2-0 lead.

Reply #475514 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Just because you drive and whinge when you cant get it to go doesnt warrant a foul against great team defense. Westbrook needed to be T'd up to try and cleanup his whinging and painful body language. His lack of maturity is a worry for OKC long term. Great when things are going good, not so much when chips are down.

Reply #475516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does the foul count have to be even

Reply #475517 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

OKC not good enough in the first two games, simple as that. No ref favourtism, just the Spurs are performing like the #1 team in the NBA.

Reply #475536 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Spurs are playing some great basketball and shooting the lights out. OKC will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get a win.

Reply #475551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree spurs are showing they are clearly the best team in the NBA and looks the goods.

Thunder will look better next year with ibaka back and starting Adams. Who should they start at the 3? Do they want a defensive 3 in sefolosha or another scorer in Jackson?

Reply #475555 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Spurs always get the calls going their way. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili have been serial floppers throughout their careers and this has made them such an annoying and painful team to watch. They are so lucky OKC have lost Ibaka, this would be a completely different series with him in the lineup. All of the spurs championships except for 1999 have all been pretty lucky really considering the competing teams in the playoffs have always had an injury/suspension to a key player in each of these years.

Yes I am biased, I just hate the Spurs.

Reply #475563 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I can't respect any poster which hates the Spurs.

How can you hate this? HOW? HOW???

Reply #475570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they are floppers but they are a great team and well coached.

They should have won last year.

Reply #475586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Phil, even with Ibaka, the Spurs would get them. They are simply too well coached. I cannot fathom someone not liking their play or at least begrudgingly respecting their ability as a team.

Reply #475587 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Haha, I just have never liked them for the past 15 years. Pop is a good coach but his personality and general contempt for the media annoys me. My dislike actually started when I used to have fox a while ago and they were on virtually every time a game was shown.

They are a good team, and a very good organisation. They have shown that stability is key in a league where every team seems to want to turn over their roster every few years and they have drafted exceptionally well. They have my respect for that. But I will always be cheering for the team that they play against.

Losing a shotblocker against a team like the spurs is a big loss. Kenny Smith was explaining the other night on inside the NBA that Duncan struggles against size with athleticism which is exactly what Ibaka provides, without him, Duncan has his way inside. Ibaka is also a reasonable offensive player and is extremely important in spacing the floor and making it harder for the opposition to load up on Westbrook and Durant. The spurs would have been favourites even if OKC had Ibaka - I agree, but it would be a lot closer and okc would have a chance. It just sucks because I think the Ibaka injury has robbed us of what would have been a highly competitive series.

Reply #475595 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Everyone flops in the NBA. The Spurs players aren't major offenders and the way Parker and Manu drive to the basket, they will fall on the ground if touched quite a bit, that's called momentum. It's worse when there are players which blatantly flop or when you have solid guys who shouldn't fall to the ground when barely touched by a far smaller player. Spurs players are much more limited in doing that oppose to many others, in particular everyone's favourite LeBron James who makes a habit of it.

And Duncan called a flopper? Wtf? No.

Anyway, I'm a Spurs fan because i'm a fan of good pure team basketball. I actually find it far more interesting than watching LeBron or Kobe or Dwight etc. It's just so majestic to watch sometimes, so fluid, the ball movement, it's what I love about basketball.

Reply #475598 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Pretty happy I got to watch this Spurs team live in action against the Celtics in February.

Reply #475607 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Any NBA team with an Aussie in it, I am going to follow, the Spurs have two and are just so much fun to watch, they are proving to be one of my favourites of all time!

Reply #475609 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754