Whorenet
Years ago

Adams Vs Plumlee All Rookie Teams

Does Mason Plumlee deserve to be in the All Rookie First Team before Steven Adams, who made the Second Team? I think Steven had a pretty good season and was unlucky not to start over Kendrick, who, frankly, is not an NBA standard starter anymore.

Topic #34520 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Sorry I'm a Kiwi and completely bias.

Reply #475664 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I'm not a Kiwi, however I am probably a bit bias towards Adams over Plumlee...

Reply #475666 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He is on course to be the best center/if not top 2-3 in the game at some point.

Reply #475670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really Mystro? Would never have thought.

Reply #475675 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

you really think top 3 centres in the league macdub?

im not sure about that. looks like he will have a very good career no doubt.

Reply #475687 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

He had a better rookie year than bogut!!

Reply #475689 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut's rookie year: 77 starts, 9.4 PPG (at 53%), 7 RPG, 2.3 APG. 0.8 BPG.
Adams' rookie year: 20 starts, 3.3 PPG (at 50%), 4.1 RPG, 0.5 APG. 0.7 BPG.

Adams was playing behind Perkins who started all 62 games he played despite averaging only 3.4 PPG and 4.9 RPG!

Reply #475693 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Well he ain't going to the D League anytime soon

Reply #475694 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Bogut had a better rookie season by far.
Adams should have a solid career maybe even a chance at starting full time next year

Reply #475695 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Phil,

I am absoluely sure it will happen at some point.

He is the biggest guy in the NBA (7"1 with a 7"5ish wingspan). He can run, jump, catch and move like a 6 foot athlete.

I think there is already more to work with Adams than there was with Dwight Howard.

But ultimately that is the path I see Adams going down - Dwight but without the attitude, without the sense of entitlement, and a more valuable component of any team

Reply #475699 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I am making that statement based on the fact that the league seems to be declining in great centers and it certainly isn't as competitive a position as PG for example.

This year its Howard, Hibbert, Noah(?)

Reply #475700 | Report this post

Whorenet  
Years ago

I don't think he was better than Bogut. But he was very, very solid for a guy coming off of the bench. Plumlee wasn't consistently playing. He only came on the radar when he blocked Lebron to win the game. Yes, we all knew about him before that, but he wasn't consistent. Adams was more consistent and deserved it more I think. But that is just my opinion.

Reply #475702 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Dellavedova finished 15th even gaining 3 first team votes. Not too bad for an undrafted rookie.

Reply #475703 | Report this post

bg04  
Years ago

I think Plumlee definitely deserved the spot on the 1st team. He was extremely instrumental in Brooklyns successful run late in the season when KG was out and provided a big spark with the 2nd rotation. Though if Adams started more games instead of Perkins it may be a different story.

Reply #475704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, not too sure about a top 3 center in the league, but of course everyones opinion is valid!
More to work with than Howard? There's more than just measurements. I think you're also you're seriously underrating Noah. That guy is pretty good. Not to mention someone by the name of Joel Embiid coming into the league next year (and Nerlens Noel). Adams should be a very solid to good player, though!

In terms of the thread, stats slightly favour Plumlee, but you could have split them either way.

Reply #475710 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

Adams and Bogut's per 36 numbers were near identical for their rookie years..

Reply #475719 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

If you read my post above i said "at some point", not at this current time.

Adams has crazy potential. I am actually mind blown by how good of a player he can be.

Embiid could be a Kwane Brown. We haven't seen him at this level. Ive seen Adams at this level and he is pretty nasty.

Not underestimating Noah. Id take him over Dwight. But outside of those theres not much else.

Adams has already beasted Noel before ;)

Reply #475722 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

Plumlee was contributing way more (minutes based off injuries to teammates) but does provide a better 2-way game than Adams.

Reply #475723 | Report this post

Dr McStuffins  
Years ago

Adams over Plumlee anyday of the week and any night for that matter
For a guy who has only tasted maybe his 3rd year in american style basketball , he has by far made a name for himself and showing great potential

Reply #475741 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

I just feel sorry for the Boomers..

They are going to get bullied for the next 15 years!!

Reply #475742 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He looks about 6'11 to me, not 7'1. Love his hustle and what a great surprise packet with how unflustered he's been as a rookie. Who knows what his ceiling will be, but there's a lot of potential there if he can get skills to match his athletic tools.

Reply #475744 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Seen pics of Adams next to other Centres and Adams is huge. Add his athletism and co-ordination and you have the makings of a great player.
Noel is Abercrombies build, he ain't bothering any men in the paint any time soon.

Reply #475752 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Paul,

See links below:

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1372359537/059/8853059.jpg

http://netscoutsbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/adidasnations12Steven-Adams-Dwight-Howard.jpg

And it that second one he is about 17ish.

Id say he is closer to 7"1 than 6"11

Reply #475755 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fair enough, Im simply going by looking at him standing next to other 6'11, 7'0 players, nothing more scientific than that. He mustn't stand up straight!

Reply #475764 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Embiid will be awesome provided his body holds up.

Reply #475770 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just looked it up. Adams is 210cm without shoes, or just under 6'11, or average height for an NBL centre. So my scientific method worked!

Reply #475772 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

MACDUB
'This year it's Howard, Hibbert, Noah(?)'

Top 2 or 3 centres is a massive call. Also keep in mind there are a lot more quality centres out there than you've mentioned above.

How about Drummond, Jefferson, Gasol, Gortat Jordan and Cousins?

That's without including Horford, Lopez and Pekovic who missed most of the year to injury, Bosh, who predominantly plays the 5 now, aging centres in Chandler and Bogut as well as in and upcoming guys like Vucevic, Valanciunas, Favors, Kanter, Noel and Embiid. Keep in mind Monroe and Davis spend a bit of time at the 5 too.

I like Adams. I also believe he has a load of potential but he's had an decent year for a rookie in limited minutes. However I cannot see him being better than all those guys ever.

Reply #475774 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adams and Bogut's per 36 numbers were near identical for their rookie years..

Adams got fewer minutes because he wasn't as good...

Reply #475777 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, Adams has been incredibly impressive when you consider the low initial expectations, but Bogut's first year was clearly better, he had to carry a much bigger load.

Reply #475781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Howard, Jordan, Noah, Drummond... hes nowhere near any of those guys haha

Reply #475833 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He's played 1 year NCAA and 1 NBA season and look at how rapidly he's improved.
He is only gonna get better and better in the OKC environment.
Has Howard improved?

Reply #475837 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

#833,

No one said he was

Reply #475840 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

Free throw contest

Howard vs Adams

Reply #475844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dwarf throwing contest!?

I know it is not politically correct.

Reply #475846 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

Plumlee sitting at home right now watching Steven Adams carry on in the playoffs

Reply #475889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754