Westbrook
Years ago

NSW Country Tournament Predictions

Who you got winning the Div 1 age groups?

Topic #34559 | Report this topic

Wonderer  
Years ago

There's another thread for this, but here's my thoughts:

12W newcastle
14w newcastle
16w Bathurst
18w Gosford

12m Illawarra
14m Illawarra
16m Illawarra
18m newcastle

?????

Reply #476622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonderer I think you're just about right. Only difference is I think Newcastle might just get up in 12M over Illawarra but should be close. 18M is also really hard to pick - will come down to whether Newcastle or Illawarra plays better on the day. Both teams have some really talented players.

I reckon it'll be close between Bathurst and Gosford in 16W but tipping the Goldminers to take it out. Would have to be Bathurst's first title in a few years one would think.

12M Newcastle
14M Illawarra
16M Illawarra
18M Newcastle

12W Newcastle
14W Newcastle
16W Bathurst
18W Gosford

Reply #476627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be closest Country in years can't wait

Reply #477170 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

Are country teams eligible to attend the Melbourne Classic?

Reply #477425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mick, I believe anyone can nominate for Classic, and Country teams certainly don't have to attend Country Champs (see no Coffs Harbour this year). With CPL meaning the top Country sides now get to play each other all season, and u14 Club Champs qualification no longer being through Country Tournament, it will be interesting to see whether any of the stronger sides start heading to Melbourne. Long history to overcome, though.

Reply #477450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, proving once again, I am not a great tipper...

Actual results:

12w Illawarra, not Newcastle
14w Newcastle
16w Newcastle, not Bathurst
18w Gosford

12M Newcastle, not Illawarra
14M Illawarra
16M Illawarra
18M Central Coast Waves, not Newcastle

I guess 4 from 8 is not great....

What was interesting was to see the number of teams who don't compete in CPL win games over those who do. One CPL team even entered Div 2, which prob shouldn't be allowed and while they may be celebrating their win, it should be a pretty hollow victory. Not sure how anyone will determine the eligibility for next year, but teams who have failed to win a game over the last couple of years should be relegated..., may need a challenge weekend?

Reply #477903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754