Steven
Years ago

NBA Finals Heat v Spurs

Ok so now we have our finalists in a repeat of last years NBA finals. Spurs with the home court advantage. I see it going a minimum of six games. My tip Spurs in 7.
Thoughts?

Topic #34579 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope - Heat in 5

Reply #476994 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Hoping Spurs in 7

Reply #477001 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Spurs 4-0

Reply #477003 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

The ultimate team verses the ultimate player. Will be great.

Reply #477005 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

As expected, but still a very exciting series coming up I am sure.

For me the past few NBA final series have gone to the team that has someone unexpected or not quite a super star step up and play an exceptional series...

For the Spurs it is the Birdman who looms as a danger, for Heat it may be more than just one player, the bench for either team will make or break them IMO!

Prediction, Spurs in 7...

Reply #477012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Birdman is key and Lewis too... Wade much better than last year and Bosh firing up going in to the final series, unlike last year when he was still flat……

Disappointed we don't get to see the new and old big 3 up against each other.. THat would have been some series…..

Good luck Aussies but I'm a Wade and Bird fan so it's Heat for me….

Reply #477017 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Spurs in 6. Hopefully our aussies get minutes

Reply #477018 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

The Spurs would have to feel pretty good about their chances. There's no doubt they've improved their team that was a Ray Allen three away from them winning it all in 6 games last season. Plus, they've got home court advantage this time. I'm not sure that Miami has improved, in fact they've lost Mike Miller who was another big-time shooter for them. Maybe Bosh and Wade are in better form than last year, but will that be enough?

Spurs have revenge on their mind with Pop showing them games 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals on the first day of training camp. Miami are chasing history to 3-peat, and would be only one of 5 NBA teams to achieve that feat and would greatly enhance LeBron's legacy. Big motivation for both teams.

Reply #477044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs will get it easy!

Reply #477054 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Spurs in 6.

IMO they are a better team than last year (which is pretty scary).

Ginobilli looks like he is set for a better finals series.
Duncan is Duncan.
Their bench has developed into the best in the League (Mills, Diaw, Ginobili, Bellinelli).
Splitter is much improved.
Leonard and Green are a year older and a year better.
Plus they have the revenge factor.

Only concern would be Parker.

Lets be honest, these injuries happen to everyone except the Heat.

Reply #477058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Ginobli goes down the Spurs will be in trouble.. He is their King James.....

Reply #477074 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

MACDUB, did you forget about Bosh against Indiana 2 years ago?

Reply #477080 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

miami gonna try sweep
lebron aint going down without a fight

Reply #477082 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Was amazing how much coaching dictated this year's playoffs. Both ECF were determined by coaching more than anything (both losers had significant matchup advantages over their opponents but failed to capitalise), so it will be fun to see a series where one team doesn't have a massive intelligence/strategic advantage over the other and just see two smart basketball teams go up against each other.

I'm calling Spurs in 6, depending on how fit Parker is.

This Miami team has not been tested this year. The Spurs are a million times smarter than any team they have faced in this year's playoffs.

They won't be able to use a Rashard Lewis to guard a David West like last round because you know the coach or point guard doesn't understand how matchups work: if they try to throw him on an interior force you better believe they will be getting the ball early and often.

Lebron is going to get lots of looks. You'll see everyone from Splitter to Ginobili to Leonard to Diaw on him at different stages. And that's the key IMO: he's too smart to just have one guy on him all series. He'll find the weakness and exploit it. You have to throw different guys at him.

Miami had to get some BIG shots from role players last year to win. I don't see all the same things happening again.

Reply #477087 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

m, no offence to Bosh..but he isn't in the same category as a Parker, Ibaka, Westbrook in terms of value to the team.

Reply #477097 | Report this post

pm8  
Years ago

Spurs are a no brainer. Should get it in 4. The west is weak and Miami wouldnt have made the 8 if they were in the east. Indiana would have been 12th seed. Can't see any way of Spurs losing it.

Reply #477106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^that's funny! East or West?

Reply #477107 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He means the East is weak clearly

Reply #477147 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/schedules/intl.html

Reply #477178 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Defence is the key.
So spurs to win in either 6 or 7 games for me.

If the heat win, they would be the first team to win the title while finishing outside the league's top 10 defenses since the 2001 Lakers.

The spurs were ranked in the top 5 (4th).

The spurs have to very good perimeter defenders in Leonard & Green.
Plus solid post defenders in Duncan & Splitter.

Reply #477243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miami wouldn't have made the top 8 in the west. Funny.

Reply #477248 | Report this post

Clips  
Years ago

i want spurs to take it home for Coach Pop and the big 3.

maybe TD's last year win or lose.

but i got a feeling.....that number 6 guy on the heat wont let a three peat slip through his fingers...

Reply #477316 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754