Happy Days
Years ago

Lisch leaves Nanterre French Pro A

http://www.eurobasket.com/transactions.asp

Must be a few clubs eyeing him off for next season.

Topic #34581 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can replace Beal! :)

Reply #477119 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Lisch or Beal that's a win/win for Perth. Sydney an option but I think he will probably stay in Europe

Reply #477123 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

Remember Lisch's wife is from Sydney

Reply #477126 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Nicer in Cairns, would be welcome with open arms.

Reply #477127 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Sounds far fetched but Melbourne need a replacement for Goulding. Would be great to see him back in NBL

Reply #477129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon every club would open there doors to Lisch, he would be able to pick his team if he wanted to come to the NBL.

Beal the same.

Either would be awesome for any team.

Reply #477131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Perth would be bringing Beal back no matter what.. Lisch good but not Beal good.

Reply #477132 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Lisch and Beal ....not much between them.

Reply #477133 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Lisch & Beal!

Reply #477135 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lisch is good.

Always thought he was a bit overhyped on here though.

Reply #477136 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Perth would more likely keep Beal.

They know Beal is as good as Lisch and works well with the coach.

Lisch would be automatic if Bevo was still in town but now a slight unknown.

If Beal leaves however, it is possible.

Sydney have Madge so don't need Lisch.

Adelaide need a PG, although Gibbo can play PG, the season before last there were many complaints about playing Gibbo off his strength as a SG.

Wollongong...probably cannot offer as much as the others.

United, possible, but they wanted to bring Dennis back in then the other import would be a Big.

Cairns maybe, would be a killer back court with Cam playing the 1 as well.

Townsville, would make a very potent outside duo with Markovich.

NZ are hoping to get Cedric and or Kirk back.

So Townsville and Carins are the only possibility I see if Beal stays in Perth.

Reply #477138 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

nah stuff him . we need more high flying imports

Reply #477140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the battle of the import shooting guards winning Finals MVP honours in their first season....

I choose Beal

Reply #477142 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Not sure why United would need a second big, if they manage to lure Jervis and can get minutes from a back up big then a back court of Lisch/Dennis with Tomlinson off the bench would be a very tough cover.

I adore Lisch and his work ethic and believe any Australian club should try a little harder with the lure of citizenship arising with his 3rd year being here (that sounds wrong) but I'm certain that another season and he should be receiving citizenship before 2015/16 season commences

Reply #477145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney - three guard combo with Madgen and Cadee.

Nevill/Brandt
Garlepp/Ellis
Import/Hill
Madgen/White
Lisch/Cadee

Reply #477146 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

That line up looks pretty nice... My initial thought was "I think I'd ideally want someone who can facilitate a bit better" but really, my memory is failing... Looking back at his last couple of seasons he averaged 3'ish APG and had some big numbers on a game by game basis... I also thought that he would detract from Madgen, but it's a fine line between detracting and complimenting and providing another scoring threat to help the team...

Any team would be crazy to knock him back though, both a top quality player and person...

Reply #477155 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think line up for Sydney could work

Cadee/Bruton?
Lisch/White
Madgen/Hill
Import/Ellis
Garlepp/Brandt

Bruton to mentor Cadee.
Madgen as SF can play SG.

Reply #477158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beal is the better player, but Lisch is not far behind.

Reply #477181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is the better player, but Beal is not far behind.

Reply #477184 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think line up for Sydney could work

Cadee/Bruton?
Lisch/White
Madgen/Hill
Import/Ellis
Garlepp/Brandt

Bruton to mentor Cadee.
Madgen as SF can play SG.

We tried Madge previously at the 3 and I don't think it really worked... Although with reliable shooter like Lisch as a target, he wouldn't have to work as hard to get open and could work more on D (having to work against bigger opposition 3s and being nearly the only option at the other end and guarded heavily really worked against him last time) but that line up is really light up front, unless we run with an import like Wilkinson, scoring options will be few and far between...

While I would love to have CJ back in Sydney (in a limited role) I don't think it should be at risk of starting Cadee, at least in his first season here...

I wouldn't be unhappy if we ended up with that line-up (depending on the import big), I can just see a few weaknesses that could most likely be exploited...

Anyone know WHY Lisch left the team? Just contract up or moving elsewhere?

Reply #477196 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Cadee/Bruton
Lisch/White
Madgen/Hill
Wilkinson/Ellis
Garlepp/Brandt

That would be one hell of a team.

Reply #477204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has three excellent starters, two fringe starters and a weak bench, I think they can do better.

Reply #477205 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I've said elsewhere, the strength of the team will be who we've got off the bench (Cadee & Garlepp).

If we can get a starting quality local big (Nevill, Jervis, Nielsen 3-4 seasons ago ;) ) that will take the pressure off Garlepp and free him up to do what he does best in hustle plays and being that second option when the D doubles the other big. I don't like relying on him as our starting 5, he can fill in at times, but he's just not a 5 for the majority of the game... Of course if you've got Wilkinson in that line up which I like, where they sit on the page here is just semantics...

Ideally...

Lisch (since this is his thread) / Cadee
Madgen / White
Marquee / Hill or Steindl (fresh from "Europe")
Garlepp / Ellis
[Nevill/Jervis] / Brandt

The key is getting the local big as if we have to get an import big, even a quality one like Wilkinson, it will weaken the options elsewhere... An import PG has been stated by Coach Cotter is what he'll be after, but there are limited local options to fill the 2 or 3 spots, which might convince Cotter that Harvey might still be worth going around again. Despite him having one or two good offensive games, and him being a really lovely guy off court, his body isn't up to it and we need someone a bit more reliable...

Reply #477230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless Cotter can lure Broekhoff back. He wouldn't be cheap though.

Reply #477232 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I don't think Lisch's strength is playmaking.

The example I'd give is when Damo went down 2 seasons ago and Lisch had to take over the point.

Cats got swept.

I do accept that that was during the last year of the manhandling years and Lisch attracted the defence of Corletto who did a great job.

But he was not his best in that series.

Reply #477257 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Talk last season about David Andersen potentially joining the hawks, is he still a viable option to join a team in the league?

What about James Harvey.

As for Lisch, he can handle the ball but perhaps not the best playmaker but as I said above, teams would be doing a disservice to their fans if they don't atleast talk to Lisch's manager

Reply #477269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter and Robbins took over point guard from Martin. Lisch had been playing his bits and pieces of 1 for the two years before that and doing well. With he Cadee and Madgen there is no need for a pure 1 on Sydney's team, especially if the import small forward is a handler too.

Reply #477271 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Dave Anderson playing in France. Would be on $500k min there.Doubt he will be at the Hawks anytime soon.

Reply #477274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beal is a marginally a better ball handler, taller, stronger and better shooter under pressure.

Reply #477377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754