Anonymous
Years ago

Melbourne Pubs showing NBA

Does anyone know any Melbourne pubs (or anywhere) besides the crown showing the NBA Finals? Maybe where kids can attend?

Many Thanks!

Topic #34589 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Royal derby in fitzroy will show any espn aus games

Reply #477287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humdinger in Frankston has them on.

Reply #477289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steam Packet in Williamstown usually show the games also.

Reply #477292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turf bar in town usually has it on multiple screens

Reply #477312 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

You guys in Melbourne need a ranking system. While many will show it on one screen or two, being able to hear the sound is usually another story. Nothing worse than turning up to a hotel in expectation and having to listen to some obscure sport or news report on another screen that no one is watching.

Reply #477335 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

AussiePride: not that hard to have a chat to the bartender.

Not many people are at pubs at the time of day that NBA games are on. I doubt there would be a riot-scale revolt if you switched the volume from the news to the ball game...

Better than stewing in silence.

Reply #477343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My experience is went to pub a sports bar after ringing and confirming they would be playing a NCAA game. Went with family members, after a while there was a group of guys that came in mouthing of about what was that crap on TV. So would be a bit nicer if the pub embraces the games and of course a few people attended.

Reply #477346 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Might be showing Games 3 & 4 on the big screen at my church. We're in the CBD. I'll post details if/when confirmed. Kids welcome (even has a kids room).

Reply #477385 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

turf bar was pretty good last year. By good, I mean packed.

But yeah - lots of screens, and full audio.

Reply #477396 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

The Sporting Globe has 3 locations - new one in Richmond, plus Moonee Ponds and Fountain Gate. Big screens, good food, drinks, you can even get your own booth with your own personal screen to choose what you watch.

www.sportingglobe.com.au

Reply #477419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754