Anonymous
Years ago

Going to NBA games

Hey Guys,

Any of you here had experience going to a live NBA game? I'm thinking of going next season around the opener (November) I'd like to go to at least 3 games in NY, Miami and LA. What are prices like for decent seats and would you need to book the tickets before you leave Aus or can you just show up on game day?
I've been to MLB and NFL which was excellent but never been to the US during BBall season.

Thanks.

Topic #34597 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

The Knicks are the most expensive in the NBA.

Reply #477399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go to stubhub.com and have a look

Reply #477407 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Yeah stubhub is a good start.
I went to 2 games in Oakland and 2 in Dallas in April.
Prices were from $80-300 depending on distance from the court.
If you want something in the lower section then $80-100 would get you 15-20 rows back.

$20-60 in the upper sections.
$2000 for courtside :)

Reply #477445 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

They won't have anything on StubHub for a while, until they finalise the schedule and sort out season tickets.

Reply #477446 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I went to the Celtics Vs Spurs at the Garden in Feb, sat right on halfway in the second row behind the scorers table. I was so close the players would turn around when you yelled at them.
My friend I was visiting shouted me and he bought the tickets through an official reselling site (links on nab.com) and he paid between $400 & $600 US per seat I believe. They were a season ticket holders and he obviously wasn't using them that night.

Great experience and well worth spending the cash to not sit in the nose bleed seats or just get a friend to pay.

Reply #477462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can always buy cheap tickets from scalpers outside the stadium, best way to get good seats at cheap prices.

Reply #477478 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Mystro,

I hope you at least bought him beer the whole time you were there for shouting you a $500 ticket.

Reply #477490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I paid $165 USA lakers game in Jan about 10 rows back.

Reply #477492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There where no scalpers at the lakers game,there where cops making sure and officials making sure.We bought our tickets on the night .got there two hrs early.

Reply #477493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's always scalpers

Reply #477495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for everyone's replies.
I was just checking the stubhub site and noticed court-side to game 3 next week in Miami was around $31,000
CRAZY!
Ill check the site later in the year when the new season comes up. I was thinking of around $200 per ticket so hopefully I can get some decent seats.
Thanks again.

Reply #477543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here in New Orleans, craigslist is also a good option. Often members have seats to every game and cant make it, hence they try to make a buck on their seats. You can get VERY good seats for half price or less.

Also some arenas will let you move down at half time. Or just wont check thoroughly.

Reply #477546 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I agree, Stubhub is the way to go. I used them several times last year to get great seats at short notice (few days before) for playoff games in Boston, Denver and San Francisco. The process was really easy and reliable. Just be careful to read where ticket collection is from before you buy, as sometimes its at a hotel or another business some distance from the stadium.

One thing I found out was that some NBA arenas are crazy strict about alcohol. I am nearly 40 and haven't been asked for ID in 20 years, but staff wouldn't serve me, even when I offered to show them my passport! I even asked to speak to a manager and he told me only an in-state drivers license would do!

Reply #477586 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

AussiePride, he didn't even go to the game as he had to work the next day so I went with his girlfriend. Drunk his beer also.

Reply #477658 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Get your tickets closer to the date, depending on the market you're in and the teams that are playing. It can be risky but paid off big on my last trip.

Went to four games last December/January in NYC, DC and Oakland. Stubhub had tickets for all games at VERY reasonable prices. NBA ticket exchange can also be good but not as consistent Most expensive was in Brooklyn, $50USD for seats in the nosebleeds against the Bucks. Terrible game but great arena experience.

For Wizards games, was able to get floor seats about 8-10 rows behind the basket on Stubhub for around $25-40USD. Bought some a month or so before the trip and others while we were there the day of the game. Much depends on the demand and who the home team is playing, obviously the bigger the game the greater the cost.

Warriors games were much the same in terms of price, lower level seats for about $30USD. GSW games have by far the best atmosphere of any NBA arena I've been to which includes Barclays, TD Garden, Staples, Verizon and MSG. Subpar facilities by comparison but passion of the fans themselves can't be denied.

Reply #477771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754