Luke
Years ago

If you play State can you play Div 2 and 3 College?

Hi Guys just wondering how good do you think a player has to be to make it to division 2 and division 3 collages, like state level?

Topic #34603 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

after a grammar test perhaps no chance...

unless you like sticking little pieces of paper onto a A4 sheet...

Reply #477503 | Report this post

Go for it  
Years ago

Good Div 2 teams in Strong conferences are better than lower Div 1 teams in weak conferences. I know of 3 state players who play in strong Div 2 conferences on full scholorships. You need to do your homework on the colleges,conferences,coaches and most importantly academia.

Reply #477504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

an A4 sheet grammar guru, but thanks for the contribution.

The first question would be which state team did you play for?

Reply #477506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your state will never let you play Divison 2 or 3. They won't allow it.

Reply #477507 | Report this post

Go for it  
Years ago

^^^ what ???

Reply #477508 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Luke are you asking if you have played for your state, do people here believe you would be good enough for a level 2 or junior College in the USA?

Or is your concern linked to elegibility, perhaps you have played for a team at state level or in a state competition where player payments have been known to occur?

Reply #477520 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If you have represented your state at junior level basketball and you have passed a reasonable level of your last four years of High School, yes you may have a reasonable chance at Div 2, better chance at the lower end.

As stated above, do some homework on what colleges are looking for and what you are seeking in a college first, good luck.

Reply #477521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember the first import I ever played with told me "you should look at community college, any crack head or $2 hoe can go to community college".

Reply #477523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess some of this would come down to what stage you play for.

Reply #477538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can play college ball at any level if your good enough, and even if your grades are not so good you can go to junior college for 2 yrs get your grades up and then apply or get picked for college. You just have to be realistic on your abilities . Plenty of opportunities if your ego does not outweigh your talent.

Reply #477544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SOOOOOO many variables to this question. Need to be more specific. Not here though, speak to your club's director of coaching or better yet state director of coaching.

Reply #477553 | Report this post

Rex  
Years ago

My kid was in the top 10 of scorers in the last 18 Nationals and is being recruited by a number of Div1 mid majors and top 20 Div 2 schools. Stats arent the full story but there are college recruiters who follow the Nationals very closely.

Need to be able to back it up with a good SAT, after all you are going to University.

Reply #477555 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754