Anonymous
Years ago

4K Points, 1K Assists, 1K Rebounds ????

Despite leaving the game late in the 4th with heat leg cramps and watching his team lose, LeBron James joined Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant as the only players in NBA history to reach 4,000+pts, 1,000+ast, and 1,000+reb in the postseason tonight.
‪#‎WitnessHistory‬ ‪#‎StriveForGreatness‬

Topic #34608 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gave me cause to look up Wilt Chamberlain's stats
He had 300 more rebounds than points in the post season

Reply #477638 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Often find it amusing when today's players are compared to the champions of yesteryear.
Wilt Chamberlain's point were all 2 points.
The NBA adopted the three-point shot 1979-80 season.

Reply #477735 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Wilt Chambelain
Bill Russell
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Irvin 'Magic' Johnson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Patrick Ewing

V

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwane Wade
Kevin Garnett
Jason Kidd
Kevin Durrant

Lets just say they are all wonderful players in their own right! Statistics are only an initial indicator at best.

Apologies to Shack and a few others I would include if I was comapring teams of 10 players or so.

My point is that there are so many super stars from different eras, superficial statistics are meaningless when you play team v team...

Reply #477736 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

You raise a very good point bear and I have to agree. Each player has their role within their team.

However if it was team vs team you wouldn't have 5 out of your 8 players centres.

Reply #477756 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Only 600+ points, 1300+ rebounds, 400+ blocks behind Tim Duncan.

Depending on how long this series goes Timmy may or may not make 5k playoff points.

Plenty of Greatness and History playing the other side of the ball this series.

Reply #477826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754