Isaac
Years ago

Lightning retain Laura Hodges

WNBL All-Star forward Laura Hodges will return to the Adelaide Lightning for the 2014/15 Wattle Valley WNBL season.
Hodges is coming off one of her best WNBL seasons with averages of 18 points, eight rebounds and two assist per game. This included a league best shooting percentage of 57.9.

Lightning Head Coach Jeremi Moule said securing Laura's signature was a high priority for the club.

"Laura is very much an elite player in the league. She’s composed, efficient and has a great understanding of the game," Moule said.

“The league is going to have more size this year than it has over the last few seasons with almost all of Australia’s premier bigs expected to be playing in the WNBL.”

“Keeping Laura and adding some size to our Australian content with Alex Bunton and Emma Langford is important in building a competitive team.”
The Lightning has now confirmed five signings with Hodges joining guards Angela Marino and Jess Foley, forward Emma Langford and centre Alex Bunton on the Adelaide roster.
From WNBL

Topic #34623 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who will come off the bench? Hodges, Langford or Bunton?

Reply #477960 | Report this post

Flame Mumma  
Years ago

Cant wait to see how the roster continues to unfold... im very excited!! Would definately like to see them provide a bit more entertainment during the game breaks too btw... they r now tied in with the 36ers... why not extend out game night entertainment to their half time too? especially on double header nights. my kids n i love the cheer girls, they do a great job and im sure there's more they can do besides their halftime routine. n i dunno what happened with their announcer from seasons gone by but whoever theyve got doing it from last season... yeah... not a fan.

Reply #477977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754