Anonymous
Years ago

Marquee players, teams need to consider 2nd round

Some great players here in the 2nd round of the upcoming NBA Draft:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Topic #34643 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, the James Ennis grab was a stroke of genius by the 'Cats and other teams should follow suit.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know if the relationship between the Heat and the Wildcats was a one off deal to facilitate Ennis' signing or is their ongoing cooperation between the two teams?

Reply #478353 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Philly have a few 2nd round picks this year, wonder if BB would let a few come over to AUS..

Reply #478373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is only 1 club likely to use the marquee player rule for an import...so not all that exciting really.

Reply #478422 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Only 1 club? How do you know this? Very exciting concept from a fans point of view.

Reply #478450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth and NZ are the only 2 clubs that can afford a marquee player. NZ have already stated they will use it to retain Abercrombie which only leaves Perth.

If you know of or can think of another team that can afford a marquee player, please share?

Reply #478464 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

No. I dont, was just curious that you seemed to adamant. Perhaps the 36ers now can join that list, no Ervin means money is freed up.

Reply #478472 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

Yea i hope NBL clubs are atleast calling guys like Brett Brown and seeing if he can recommend someone or do a Ennis deal with a 2nd rounder, and id also be contacting Goorj in China as they have some awesome imports over there he may be able to recommend a NBL club one.

Reply #478474 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

no Ervin means money is freed up

Apparently not a whole lot though as Ervin was supposed to be playing for cheap in 13/14... I think if Big Red renegotiated for cheaper/longer deal and if DJ isn't coming back, that would be the larger amount of cash that would be freed up...

Reply #478483 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Perth and NZ are the only 2 clubs that can afford a marquee player. NZ have already stated they will use it to retain Abercrombie which only leaves Perth."
Perth have flat-out said they don't want to use it at all.

"no Ervin means money is freed up."
Only inside the cap, unless you're suggesting they were over it last season.

Reply #478606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754