Anonymous
Years ago

Exum called bust by Grantland Writer

Here's a Grantland article about some of the international draft prospects including Aussie Exum.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/titus-nba-draft-international-dante-exum-dario-saric-clint-capela-jusuf-nurkic-kristaps-porzingis/

Topic #34662 | Report this topic

Kr  
Years ago

Wow great story by some cocky tool who by his own admission knows nothing about what he is writing about and has never watched him play live. I might just take the opinion of nba scouts and coaches thanks.

Reply #478649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, to be honest thought I think he was trolling/joking because he was calling these other typical 6" 10" no defence and sweet shooting euros hall of famers.

Reply #478650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cecil??? Where are you??

Reply #478657 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Judging him on one highlight tape that wasn't exactly made by someone who knows much just a casual fan? Yeah nice one./

Reply #478665 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Didn't much like his appraisal of Aussie basketballers either.

Reply #478666 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Calling someone a bust before they have a played a game is a dumb call. Aussie or otherwise

Reply #478669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Mark Titus. He states right at the beginning of the article that he has no idea what he's talking about, and is taking the piss for the remainder of it. I don't think he'd have any objection at all to you calling the piece 'cocky and uninformed.'

Reply #478672 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"hes not good because he doesn't dunk alot" mindstate.

Reply #478675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think he has some good points actually even if he says he's knows nothing about exum. That might be a good thing. Way too much hype over this boy, love to see him make it but think too much too soon and he will implode with such high expectations being placed on him.

Reply #478676 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

Typical isolated writer who can only appreciate their own. Someone should suggest him to watch ongoing NBA Finals, how Gregg Popovich of serbs/croats background beating Miami Heat with international brand of basketball. Together with his international players including Patty Mills and Aron Baynes. His ignorance doesn't help his views on basketball outside America.

Reply #478677 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Well there is no way to know how exum will perform against grown men... true, this is why I don't jump to put him on the World Cup team yet. However, it is unfair to call him bust before seeing any real game tape.

Reply #478680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez you guys mustn't be college basketball fans if you don't know who Mark TItus is, it's all in good humour

Reply #478681 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I was offended by his take on Aussie ballers... we have had some great players who could have had big roles in the NBA, most came in the days where they didn't draft internationals however

Reply #478691 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's Mark Titus. He states right at the beginning of the article that he has no idea what he's talking about, and is taking the piss for the remainder of it.
Just repeating this for those who missed it. Maybe steer clear of The Onion too.

Reply #478692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well everyone getting a big wet one should probably temper their expectations...

Opinions/projections are made on the Under 17/19 Worlds, the school tournament late last year, his time at the AIS and at various international camps, etc... which are all great, but he hasn't had as much exposure as Parker/Wiggins, etc who played a season of highly publicised college basketball.

So whilst the Australian fans know he's great, a lot of NBA execs need to be convinced that he's great...

Reply #478694 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The article was great, and the Fraschilla'd parts were funny. Why get your knickers in a twist over this?

Reply #478706 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

His comedic take on a bunch of basketball players that I have never met but were pushed out of their mother's womb on the same landmass that my mother was on when she pushed me out of her womb is deeply, read DEEPLY, upsetting and offensive and personality hurtful to me, my family and me mates.

Reply #478711 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I suspect he's actually underdone at this point and mostly going for it because his stock is high and not because he's really ready. Hopefully if that's the case, he gets a contract and a spot giving him room to grow.

Reply #478714 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Exam crap ....I wouldn't take him in the top 5

* note this has nothing to do with me being a Boston fan and wanting him to drop

Reply #478716 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Haha! Nice Gordon Liddy, nice.

Reply #478720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the excessive schools highlights are true though! Not really quality comp!

Reply #478764 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Exums management has a brilliant strategy, limit the amount of material the scouts can get their hands on avoid college at all costs which when you look at his alleged potential is a perfect strategy. Now if your a gambler do you risk a high pick on a boy who has all this alleged potential which will take 3-5 years to produce. In my opinion gambling with a high pick on Exum will be a mistake he is not the messiah he's just a boy yet to prove himself and to gamble on him proving himself is the hardest competition in basketball is a huge one. I wish him well and hope he succeeds but if I owned a top ten pick I would pass.

Reply #478784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave spot on there

Reply #478789 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754