Anonas
Years ago

So Patrick Mills cannot play defense?

All along earlier he's been bashed for playing poor defense, apparently..

Topic #34678 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Hey Anonas:

If you want to break down some Spurs game tape with me sometime I would be happy to.

He played much better tonight but he gets caught on screens too often, turns his back on his man, pirouettes on defense, and gambles for flops and steals that just as often go against him. Those couple of flops that were huge that went the Spurs way could have just as likely ended badly.

But he has improved so much as an offensive player that the defensive shortcomings are no longer an issue. Obviously he's now one of the best shooters in the league (and one of the few three point shooting deadeyes who can shoot off the dribble). He's great at making the extra pass and like lots of spurs racks up a tonne of hockey assists.

Reply #478935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the one on wade still was a foul, patty just made sure the ref saw it. agreed can be too keen for the steal and over commits therefore can get burnt

Reply #478943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty is a beast at D

Reply #478944 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

you forget to mention he's been blocking shots lately and his pesky defense that somehow cause turn overs from Miami including Lebron's.

I agree on his improve offense. From outplaying USA guard combination of Kidd/Paul/D-Will during pre-olympic games in Beijing and from being a topscorer in London Olympics.

Reply #478946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Armchair Experts, get a life.

Reply #478947 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

This will turn in to a negative bashing session yawn... Not cool to discuss on such a brilliant day for Aus hoops.

Reply #478948 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

Kobe24 and Anon above you, you guys can start a wank session, yawn..

Reply #478949 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

Patty has played some great basketball in his role for the Spurs this season, so lets not bash him, every player has there strengths and weaknesses, Patty has actually become quite efficient.

Exciting times ahead for Aus basketball

Ingles team winning Euroleague
Mills/Baynes team winning NBA
Exum likely top 5-10 draft pick
Bogut and Delly also in NBA
Many others in Euroleague/other good European comps

I cant wait to see how we go at the World Cup, not expecting miracles, but think this is an exciting group we are putting together and potentially getting even better with Simmons and Maker coming through along with many others playing college ball at a good level.

Reply #478951 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

Bash him all you like. But by virtue of his achievement, non of us here, our bets and our favorite local players, came close to what he got now. An NBA champion and he plays big part!

Reply #478953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't take long.HATERS he his shit!Truely you just sit by your Pc waiting to hang shit on some poor player who just played his arse off.GET A LIFE.
DO YOU DOG YOUR OWN KIDS THIS MUCH?

Reply #478954 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

This place gets really weird in the NBL off-season...

Reply #478957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Jackson called him a "young Eddy House that knows how to play defence".

I know his defence is not elite, but I think it's enough warrant a 6th man type roll moving forward. You can't tell me Jamaal Crawford, JR Smith & Jason Terry play elite defence either.

Reply #478959 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You know how you don't attract "haters" or people qualifying their comments which is what gets labelled hating in these Mills and Delly threads? You don't start a "So Patrick Mills cannot play defense?" thread on a day that should be about his success.

you forget to mention he's been blocking shots lately
Do you mean "shot" or are we defining lately differently? One block in the 23 play-off games. Focus on what he does best!

e.g., 56.6% 3P in five games against Miami. 57.1% from 3P in the five games against Portland. 8 assists in the Finals to just 1 turnover. Averaged 10.2 PPG off the bench without ever playing more than 20 minutes in a game during the series.

Reply #478961 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

how its like to be on the receiving end? feel the dose of your own guys lol!

Reply #478962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that didn't take long... welcome back haters

Patty is a beast and it is now proven

Reply #478966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eh, very few Aussie hoops fan are "haters" of Patty. Just of threads like this. It's just so pointless. Like it was mentioned above, what a day for Australian basketball. Having a international ESPN broadcast talk about Patty and his Indigenous heritage for about five minutes, seeing two Australians holding up our flag on the podium, and just over a week out from perhaps hearing another Aussies name called very high up in the draft. When something positive happens, why do people always have to try and stir up negatives? "Haters" is such an irritating word.
Well done Patty (and Aron).

Reply #478984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where there are greats there will be hate. First Kobe Bryant and then Lebron James and now Patty Mills.

Reply #479008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talent + hard work = amazing results

Reply #479009 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

He has an NBA ring, go get yours and then come back I say.
I don't care if he can or cant play D!!

Reply #479011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottom line if he could play solid enough defense he would start as his scoring per minute is very good. Bigger guards would eat him up!

Reply #479024 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He just played a massive role on a championship team. Why dont we start a rhread called "who said manu has lost a step...did you see that dunk?" or "danny green didnt play great today on the offensive end". Its all irrelevant. They are the champs.

Reply #479025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the poster above, to say mills is a great with the likes of Kobe and Lebron is just silly.

I'm an Aussie and love seeing them in the NBA and succeeding but to call him a great is just over the top.

Guess that makes me a hater cause I said this.

Reply #479046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B-B-B-B-B-Beast M-M-M-M-M-Mode!

Reply #479060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope. Thats why he's a reserve

Reply #479096 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

It's almost like he worked really hard and got better. WHAT MAGIC VOODOO IS THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?

Reply #479394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754