Anonymous
Years ago

Does this answer the Knox CEO questions?

Very interesting reading,and if it wasnt so serious ,amazing that Knox has made the news in Seattle

http://seattletimes.com/html/nba/2023849317_stevegordonsunday15xml.html

Topic #34682 | Report this topic

cat  
Years ago

wow...get the movie rights

Reply #479006 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.How can you pay a guy $4k a month you've never met.What was the board doing when this rubbish was going on....Fall asleep at the wheel.

Reply #479045 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Read the article again Happy Days.
My interpretation suggest Gordon has committed fraud and has scammed a large number of business people, including Steve Ballmer.
He has produced joint bank statements with Balmers name. He has admitted to forging Ballmers signature and having someone inpersonate Ballmer on teleconferences. He is obviously very clever con man.
To sit in judgment and suggest the knox board was asleep is harsh and not justifable.
Remember Bill Vlahos has conned many big names in the corporate, racing, socialite and sporting entities.
From reading the article Knox Basketball board has been caught in a scam which appears to have had all the
hallmarks of genuine given Ballmer and Gordon have been business associates over many years.
In hindsight the old knox board appears to have been harshly judged and some very good people have been hurt by this sad sequence of events.
Maybe Happy Days you should get all the facts before continuing to poor further hate on these people whom were misled by this Sociopath criminal.
What did Jesus say at the last supper? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
I would wait for the facts to come out before opening your mouth further Happy Days. Then throw as many stones as you wish.

Reply #479050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Google wayne carroll knox basketball

Reply #479056 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

^ What's your point?

Reply #479065 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

So Anon you would be giving $4k a month to a person you'd never met???

Reply #479069 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Corporate governance has been defined as "a system of law and sound approaches by which corporations are directed and controlled focusing on the internal and external corporate structures with the intention of monitoring the actions of management and directors and thereby mitigating agency risks which may stem from the misdeeds of corporate officers.

Reply #479075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think key words missing here are visibility, accountability and transparency.
As a board you need to ensure nobody can operate outside of these principles.

Reply #479078 | Report this post

Bigger picture  
Years ago

Reality is yes WC and the board were had theres no question there and never was. Why, when it was obvious to others that things weren't right did it take so long for something to be done about it? Let's not forget questions were continually being asked by some members in regards to KBI finances and no satisfactory answers were forthcoming, constant deflection of the situation was all they got.
Not only was money wasted (members money) on this scam the bigger problem was that while WC and the board were allegedly focused on the "pot of gold" ,the management and operations of SBC and KBI was neglected and for this reason KBI found itself in financial difficulty. If it wasn't for those instrumental in forcing change (who COULD see the place was in strife)the place from what I've been told would probably have ended up in administration within a couple of months.
Those at the KBI AGM (yes I was) were privy to WC admitting he went against board instruction to cease the spending however reality also is the board didn't act appropriately when they were aware this had happened. Good people but unfortunately it was easier not to deal with what was happening instead they clung to the hope that the "Microsoft deal" would come off, the financial problems would be solved and KBI would live happily ever after.

Reply #479079 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is there where those rumours of a Microsoft-backed NBL team came from?

Reply #479081 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Was this the NBL bid that Vince Crivelli was involved in or a different one?

Reply #479084 | Report this post

Knox parent  
Years ago

Happy Days - you should have a career in law. You can be Judge, jury and prosecutor. Think of the money we could save and free up the court's time.
WC and old Board are guilty cause you heard this, and read that, and some one whispered in your ear about that.
Thank god corporal punishment is outlawed with people like you running around casting judgment on others
The Seattle article casts a completely different light on matters. This man Gordon is very clever and appears to have gone to great lengths to prove his legitimacy with Ballmer and Microsoft. You only have to look at Vlahos and Danks to see what they have done to racing and football.
But Happy Days - you sit back and judge as you will based on the snippets of info you have. It doesn't matter to you if you don't have all the facts or if indeed there is more to this story than is public knowledge - you have made up your mind to hang the bastards and we'll worry about the consequences later.
For me, I am now starting to look at this whole saga and wonder in hindsight if we have wrongly accused and punished these people.
I think there is more to come out of this story which may explain the reasons for Knox getting involved with Gordon in the first place.
Sorry to be a dissenter Happy Days, but I'm one juror who will not cast an opinion until all the facts have been put on the table.
If it so pleases your honour, Judge Happy Days, I would like to move a stay in proceedings until YOUR COURT has collected and PROPERLY CONSIDERED all the facts. And if I could be so bold as to suggest toyour honor Judge HD, do you think it may be time to decide what your best role is?
Judge, jury and prosecutor is not giving you much credibility.
Just sayin!!!!!!!

Reply #479088 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Happy Days - well said Laurie.

Reply #479089 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Knox Parent and others

That is a severe over-reaction to Happy Days posts. HD has asked a couple of reasonable questions.

HD's favourite topic is governance, and while I think some times he is a little on the fervent side (and a bit unrealistic in his expectation of how it is exercised), he has not said anything here that deserves the response you have given.

Is the old saying about protesting too much relevant here?

Reply #479090 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I agree HO it is hard for people who volunteer onto a board without knowing what they are actually getting into and responsibility that comes with it.And yes i do work with lawyers, Im surrounded by them...

Reply #479093 | Report this post

Come on HO. Judge HD (lol gr8 title) is a big boy and is happy to give his views, albeit based on partial facts. All I see is knox parent and others suggesting he hold his tongue until he has the complete picture.
I 100% support knox parent sentinents.

Reply #479094 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

If Knox was only paying him $4K a month that not alot of money for a "consultant"....it all does sound very messy but Gordon sounds like a pretty good sales guy whom has allegedly done the wrong thing by alot of people and Knox just happened to be one of them.

If Gordon has had the Skype meetings then even organised an impersonator for a few phone calls you can see how a board of parents & the then CEO could get caught up in the alleged scam as they might not have the international business skills/links to check out the contacts further.

Reply #479095 | Report this post

Knox parent  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher - excellent response. I think you have exactly NAILED the situation on the head. We are too quick to critice others and sit in judgment. There is more to this than we all know or understand. Let's refrain from continuing to speculate and cast hurt on people who have already been damaged by this saga.
It may well come to pass that they have been innocent victims of professional conman?

Reply #479098 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Yeah Happy Days. Pull your head in. HO sorry couldn't help myself and I will now severly deal with my bad behavior.

Reply #479099 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

How are the knox u14 boys going?

Reply #479100 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Thats fine, lets wait for it to go to court and see what the judgement is. Be interesting to see what people have to say then won't it....

Reply #479102 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Wow what a thread! We have Jesus,horse racing and the AFL all getting a run!

Reply #479107 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I have a question? Maybe I am dumb or have missed something? Why is Knox suing Wayne Carroll? He appears to have been made a scape goat and has lost his job and had his reputation tarnished - for purely trying to get benefits for his employer.
Looking back over old posts, he has been accused of misusing Knox monies for his own personal gain. Clearly this is not the case nor has it been proven to my knowledge?
Why aren't Knox pursuing steve gordon? It's looking like we have been chasing the wrong man?
I just hope the Knox Board know what they are doing in spending our money on lawyers etc when it could possibly turn out Carroll is innocent.
Can you imagine the outcry from the members when the board has to explain the legal costs and potential damages bill?

Reply #479113 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wow! Wow! Wow!

If this court case kbi v Carroll turns out that Wayne is innocent. I don't know what to say.
I hate to think what the ramifications could be. Wayne has been very quiet and low profile since leaving Knox.
I hope you board members (including those who have since left ) are ready to take responsibility for what you have done.

Reply #479124 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Interesting reading:Minutes of there SGM 5 March 2013

www.knoxbasketball.com.au/.../Special_General_Meeting_Minutes_-_5th_ March.pdf

Reply #479129 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

HO what have you got say to Judge HD?

The purpose of dragging up old material and ignoring current newly come to light information shows his eyes are shut and mind permanently closed.

Yes we have read the OLD MINUTES? There is nothing new in that document.

The need to bring them up again is for what purpose? To justify his reasons for finding these people guilty and proving nothing can sway his mind!!!

Ah yes judge HD - no new evidence is admissible in your court. Hang the bastards before the truth comes out.

You can always oops sorry!!!!!!!!!

Reply #479133 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What about a public stoning or the electric chair???

Reply #479134 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I 100% support knox parent sentinents.
Many posts in here coming from the same IP, including predictably the above and "Knox Parent":

Anon (various)
anon (various)
Knox parent
eyes open or closed mind

Strange tactic as it's just drawing more attention to the actions of the club board and WC, I would've thought.

Reply #479136 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anon, i'll resist the temptation to comment on Isaac's findings...

My point to you is that all HD has done here is ask some questions. HD has not hung people out to dry, or convicted anyone, or even from what i can see named anyone. You seem to be taking extreme exception to what HD has asked about.

Reply #479139 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No Isaac. I'm have my own views don't know about others.

just trying to get balance given history of case and new info that has come to light.

The others can answer for themselves.

Reply #479141 | Report this post

Kingston  
Years ago

So you thought the best way was posting under different names to make your side seem more supported? Pathetic and bizarre.

Reply #479142 | Report this post

Bigger picture  
Years ago

I would suggest that the facts will present themselves in due course and those like knox parent will eventually have to accept the truth. Your constant denying and defending of WC and board members is ridiculous given both have admitted wrongdoing publicly whether it be majorly or simply due to non action. I respect those board members that have accepted the error of their ways and have been prepared to state so. How about you let it be as all you are doing is rehashing whats been done and thats not helping those you profess to defend.

Reply #479144 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I admire the people that have put there hand up as it shows the character of the person. Alot of people get involved on boards not realising the importance of their role. Knox is turning over nearly $4m a year so theres alot of responsibility that comes with a role on the board.

Reply #479148 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kingston - are you making the assumption that one IP address means posts from the same person?

I can think of businesses etc with one IP address that may have mutlitiple users.

Your assumption whilst has some logic to it could also be flawed??

Reply #479149 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bigger Picture - correct we will all have to accept the truth when it comes out.
This is exactly the point I'm trying to make - there is new evidence lets see where this takes us.
I hardly see this as defending one party against another - its merely stating lets not be too quick to judge.

Read my posts - I'm sure this is what I am saying?

Reply #479150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No Isaac. I'm have my own views don't know about others. ...

The others can answer for themselves.
Kingston - are you making the assumption that one IP address means posts from the same person?
Anon, I can tell when posts come not only from the same IP but from the same device (not just the same type of device). In this case, they are coming from the same device.

Anyone without that information could easily guess the same. It's so transparent and just works against any of your points.

Reply #479158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bahahaha busted knox parent/anon/Anon/etc...

Is it even more laughable when they try to deny it and are shut down?

Reply #479165 | Report this post

Kingston  
Years ago

Surely a lot of the questions regarding any case for WC would come down to the previous Chairperson at Knox? At the special meeting called by the members the previous Chairperson in answering a question from the floor admitted that the current CEO WC spend $150,000 of the clubs money without getting approval from the board. He said it there and then to the amazement of all in the room. Surely this would result in the dismissal of an employee and then the blowtorch should be applied to an organisation that does not have the processes in place to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Reply #479185 | Report this post

Bigger picture  
Years ago

They didnt want to risk losing the "sponsorship" deal which they needed to ease the financial burden. That job unfortunately was left to the "new" board to deal with.

Reply #479192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon/anon/Knox parent is Grant Spencer the assistant coach of Cairns Taipans and current big v coach of Sunbury. My guess he is mad at the Knox board for choosing shannahan over him to coach seabl. He hangs out his players to dry and constantly belittles them in public. He also left his team high and dry on the weekend after a tough loss and hear has not contacted any of his players since. Why this bloke would waste his time posting under four alias I have no idea but shows he has no clue nor a life. Look at his history of posts and it shows he has bad mouthed ballarat where he was kicked out of and his previous coaching employers Melton with his childish #inbred life comments. Douchebag in the dictionary has this guys picture next to it! Stop it grant

Reply #479250 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox court case against Wayne Carroll has concluded I'm told. Knox sued Carroll for serious and wilful misconduct.

Judge found Knox had no evidence to support their claim nor justify able reasons to terminate Carroll.

Knox has been ordered to pay out carroll's contract. Costs and damages claim not yet determined but it is logical that Knox will have some financial exposure here too.

So how are these cowboys that came onto the Knox board and who attacked Carroll without cause going to explain to their members this situation. It is alleged that one of the former board members has been quoted as saying that the board's strategy was if they lost, they would wind up the club and walk away.

This whole saga appears to be personal witch hunt against Carroll. What came out in court was The Microsoft project is not the main reason for knox's financial position. Staff pay rates, fairhills stadium deal, design issues with State Basketball Centre and failure to manage insurance flood damage are matters that go back to the Joyce/Brookhouse CEO days. Carroll became a victim and was solely blamed for knox's overall financial position.

What was conveniently ignored was The Microsoft deal had the sign off on the then current board - the view was it would greatly assist knox's financial position. In other words the Judge found Carroll was acting under the instruction of his employer -the Knox Board.

History shows the new board under Eric Noordzy chose to ignore or investigate these facts. Within 6 days of taking control, Carroll was terminated.

I now wonder if the Knox members are going to attack these board members (which coincidently mostly have resigned for unexplained reasons) with the same viciousness and vindictiveness they went after Carroll with?

My other query is, are any of these board members going to go on record and apologise for the irreparable damage and hurt they have caused Carroll and his family?

Now we will see the character and level of integrity these board members possess. And just maybe Knox members will take a little more care in future when considering the type of board member they want in the future.

I would like to wish Mr Carroll and his family the best for the future. I'm am aware of the suffering you have been through. I hope now the record can be put straight and it won't be long before you are successful in gaining employment.

God bless xoxo.

Reply #492569 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

From what Ive heard members are furious and are wanting this appealed.

Reply #492579 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Good to know who's been behind spreading rumors and slandering people... Cant wait to shake your hand.

Reply #492581 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There are no legal avenues for appeal. Scream all you like bitches.

Reply #492588 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That's a good idea! Appeal when it says you had no case in the first place. Haven't these idiots squandered enough of knox's money?

Reply #492589 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I wonder if Noordzy will have the balls to put out a notice on social media and explain how he has wasted so much money on a frivilous case much like he did when he took over at Knox.

Reply #492602 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Funny how the loud critics who went after Carroll have run off to hide and leave Noordzy holding the poision chalice.

Where are you Sewell, Joyce, Brookhouse, Quinn, Jones (Mod: Removed.)?

No doubt trying to disassociate yourselves from this mess!

(Mod: Edited at the request of Rick Vos. "Both Cress and Vos were not members of the Board until well after the dismissal of WC and both did not stand at the subsequent AGM.")

Reply #492718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this moron talking to himself?? ^^

Reply #492873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many people were warned off about the Microsoft con well before many foolish people got involved trying to be greedy.
If it's too good to be true, it generally is. Many smarter people were conned too.
Nothing to see now for sure.

Reply #492879 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who were the people warned off Microsoft deal ?

Who were the foolish people?

Reply #492899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Board members as a result of agm prior to Carrolls dismissal were Noordzy, Williams, Brookhouse, Tarrant, Jones, Trott, Quinn, Battye and Sewell.

Reply #492902 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yep and they were responsible for knox getting their arse sued.

Reply #492919 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

are you having a full blown six times anon conversation with yourself mate?

Reply #492929 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yep what of it? Don't like the facts coming out? County court judge has spoken. Noordzy and his crew have screwed up.

If you jump on the Vic county court website you will find the truth. Noordzy had no qualms about destroying Carroll's reputation so why can't I respond with the real story.

Reply #492937 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

appears you have no qualms about destroying Noordzy's reputation ..

you're just as bad

probably worse trying to push your BS on here ad nauseum..tool

Reply #493020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Microsoft deal was a world wide con. I certainly know of a former NBL coach that warned many of his friends off that were approached to invest.
A little asking around would have found out the truth fairly easily.

Reply #493041 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

C'mon cat. How am I getting after noordzy. Just quoting facts from court case. Wait till the members get hold of him. Hold on to your hats cat man.

Reply #493244 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No ones destroying noordzy reputation. He's done a good job by himself.

Reply #493245 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Microsoft deal was a world wide con eh?

C'mon dickhead! If it was worldwide then everyone would know about and every newspaper would be all over it.

Easy for idiots like you to make statements after the fact. Where were you 18 months ago with your wisdom?

Oh that's right sitting silent on this information so you could tell the world I have inside knowledge about a worldwide scam that only you and your nbl mate knew about.

Thanks for the entertainment but I'm not buying it. Sounds about as credible as knox's court case. Fanciful, frivolous and flimsy.

Reply #493255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Anon, try reading if you can. Try reading the article at the top of the page that started the whole issue. See the bit where it says Seattle?
"Two lawsuits against Steve Gordon, above, seek a combined $15 million. And Gordon says he owes at least $5 million to about 20 investors, including NBA players."
Don't open your gob when your foot is already in it, and your head is also up your ass.

Reply #493297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Anon (493255),

A quick google search founmd this.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nba/2023849317_stevegordonsunday15xml.html

Enjoy!!

Reply #493303 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeah and have a look at the date of the article DH. Knox was dealing with this guy since late 2011.

Reply #493319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no due diligence exercised in two years of dealing with this guy ?????????

Reply #493334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh the article at the top of page already mentioned?
Absolved or not I don't care. If any of those Board members are still they should quit on the spot.
Ignorance, no common sense, no due diligence, naievity and simply dumb.

Reply #493369 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Read the court transcript then give your opinions. Very interesting reading.

Reply #493393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what was told to members at SGMs is very different to what was said in court! members need to be asking plenty of questions!

Reply #493399 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

dose anyone have the link where is is on the county court website

Reply #493405 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox board met with members tonight. The truth is coming out and members can piss and moan - but remember you voted these people in and you got what you deserved.

Pity the masses listened to the vindictive people with personal agendas. These white night saviours have crucified a good man and lost.

Now they have left Knox in a precarious situation.

What do they say about karma?

Reply #493682 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

and the pissing and moaning continues from the same ISP

must be great continuously blogging with yourself

odd that you bring up personal agendas..your own is embarrasing

Reply #493699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox - no SEABL for 2015.

Reply #493710 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cat you're too cool!

The facts are coming out and I will be vindicated.

Noordzy leaving country shortly.

Knox have to pay Carroll.

What else do you want to know?

How about Knox having two opportunities to settle this case as far back as March. Despite being advised their case was not strong , Knox pushed ahead. This reckless descision will ultimately cost Knox somewhere in the order of an extra $250-$300k.

So Cat what is your point about ip addresses? So what if one person is doing all the posting? If the posts are factual what is wrong with that?

Sounds to me Cat you don't want the truth to come out! Why is that Cat? Are you party to the des ions made by Knox?

I can promise you one thing Cat. Your retorts will not discourage or silence me.

As I become aware of more factual information I am going to continue to share it for one and only one reason. The Knox members have been misinformed by the Knox board and Mr Wayne Carroll has been unfairly treated by people with personal agendas.

The Knox members deserve better from their board and it's time for the real facts to come out.

Reply #493755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I for one would love to see the facts #755 but your only voicing a single opinion here. Point us to a place where these facts actually are. You simply saying these are the facts is not proof of anything. How about linking to the court documents as for the life of me I cant find them !

Reply #493759 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ring Knox they will give you a copy. They sent it out to all members. That's how I got a copy.

Reply #493767 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lets talk facts Anon-
Knox isnt in the financial position it is because of the court case. Knox has been in trouble for some time thanks to poor decision making and management over several years (admitted to many by some board members so yes it's fact). Why isnt your bitterness directed towards those that created the mess? Because you have no clue and why would you let facts get in the way of a good story. Maybe those in the know should start posting everything they know maybe share some conversations had with previous board members and hey why not copy and paste documents as well just to make sure everyone gets the FACTS. I admire your loyalty to your mates but thats all it is.

Reply #493801 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Found this on the Vic County Court website today.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/vic/VCC/2014/1418.html

Very interesting reading - Knox Board have some questions that need to be answered. Why would they pursue a matter that has no substance to it.

Knox is in the shit - not because WC - but because a personal agendas against WC. Why else go after him, his house and his reputation?

Now Knox will be up for WC legal costs, payout WC contract and their own costs - lets say $450-$500k?

Good job Chairman Noordzy and your white nights. No wonder they have all bailed off the board now.

Reply #496003 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

Knox was always going to be in little money probe moving into the new venue

Reply #496005 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Word on the street is knox has sacked their lawyers. So does this mean it was the lawyers fault?

Did the wrong CEO and Board get sacked?

Reply #496021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Knox in the seabl. replaced by the Tigers?

Reply #496040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers are bottom of BIG V champ why would they go into SEABl and have their butts handed to them by even more.

Reply #496044 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seabl will not let knox fold

Reply #496052 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Highlights the importance of getting the right people on the board and appointing the right CEO.

Reply #496062 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Spot on happy days. The so called white nights have almost destroyed knox. They have created havoc and now jumped off the sinking ship. Maybe the new board should sue them for gross negligence?

Reply #496066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and here we go again

Reply #496067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL will let Knox fold as the other clubs should not have to bank roll them, they got themselves into this mess they need to get themselves out why should SEABL bale them out

Reply #496068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YAWN!! DEAD ISSUE!!! we wont see Knox in SEABL next season.

Reply #496070 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Theres no way clubs should be bailing out Knox.May need to drop out for a season or two while they stabilize there finances.

Reply #496074 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

My money is Knox will be playing SEABL. They have cleared their debt to them and Brookhouse will not let them fail.

Reply #496075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would they pay the money to enter another year when they have so many other things hanging over their head. The debt to SEABL is not the reason they have pulled out of senior competition for 2015.

The reason is the collection of a number of things they need to take care of.

Was a big call but credit to them for admitting they need to get there own back yard right, seems they are taking steps to do so.

Reply #496077 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Don't know much about what is happening at Knox, but I did read the legal judgement.
Whilst it did not support the actions of the Knox board in firing the CEO, it also didn't paint a pretty picture about the business acumen and experience of the former CEO.
Maybe, sporting associations should try employing business managers rather than ex-players in these very responsible positions.
Seems that Knox have made a very good business decision to leave the SEABL at this time.

Reply #496081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant you people read !! Knox have already made the public statement that they will not be entering SEABL teams for the 2015 season. Given the volume of players seeking to leave they might even struggle to have competitive teams in Big V YL but time will tell there.

#496075. The debt they owed SEABL is not the issue. Do your homework, read the publicly available documents and then come back and try again.

Reply #496084 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Very good point Mick re CEO.

Reply #496087 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

New CEO wants to run indoor soccer out of SBC. WTF?

Reply #496123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the seabl subsidise their playing last season?

Reply #496125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re Soccer. Fantastic. Bring another sport into a venue designed for basketball. And that other sport just happens to be one whose following is ever increasing. Just what a sport like basketball needs when itself is floundering in an era when it should be having just success/interest.

Reply #496130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what do you business genius's propose? leave the venue empty losing money but exclusive to Basketball or keep the venue busy, generating much needed income and paying its way?

Basketball associations needs more smart business savy people running their business, not single minded Basketballers running them.

Reply #496138 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

In a perfect world you wouldn't have soccer played there but considering there current situation they need to maximise the potential of the venue and look at other revenue streams.

Reply #496140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO rent being paid, alternatives that pay will win.

Reply #496154 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'm reliably told Knox made $80k profit last year. All this bullshit is about avoidance to pay debts. New CEO admits he knows little nor has a passion for basketball. Knox can trade out of this but I'm concerned the man driving the ship cares little for our history.

Is he working for basketball or soccer as a sport?

Reply #496155 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'm reliably told Knox made $80k profit last year. All this bullshit is about avoidance to pay debts. New CEO admits he knows little nor has a passion for basketball. Knox can trade out of this but I'm concerned the man driving the ship cares little for our history.

Is he working for basketball or soccer as a sport?

Reply #496156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So @ 80k a year how many years will it take to pay off the debt???

Reply #496157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They could fill that State Centre every night of the week with paying basketball players and spectators if they had smart people running the place. EVERY local senior domestic comp on this side of town has teams waiting to get in and there are domestic and rep sides screaming for training venues. The issue here is not a lack of potential users but an above average cost per hour AND the idiots running the place.Its the STATE BASKETBALL CENTRE not a multi sport venue and the sooner smart BB people run it the better of we all will be.

Reply #496198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cost to use the venue might be higher than surrounding venues yet Soccer are prepared to pay that fee?

What does that tell you?

Also if you're trying to run the business profitably why wouldn't you maximize your return..?

Agree it would be fantastic to see it used exclusively for Basketball but neither Dandenong or MSAC can lay claim to that either.

Reply #496206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you imagine the state of the courts if they are running soccer a on them, surely this purpose built venue for basketball should be used as such, considering the money raised the grants allocated and the purpose of use stated to gain those funds were all basketball related NOT soccer!!

Reply #496210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is there not some state run elite academy based out of there. This venue is going to be a dormant dinosaur sitting there doing nothing when there are clubs all around the state begging for even a single court to use.

Reply #496211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They run the metro NITP and npp program from there on Sundays, but that's it. It's the cost to use the facility that makes it sit dormant, so instead of making it user friendly and affordable they would rather see it sit empty or filled with sports other than basketball, which actually is breaching the conditions of obtaining the funds to build it in the first place as it is not a multi purpose venue if it was then all the other sports should have added their funds to it's construction costs, as it is they use them to now muscle in on this basketball stadium

Reply #496213 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

It did surprise me that when I heard that Knox were going to run this centre. Maybe it should be run at a local level, but with a watchful eye from Basketball Vic/State Govt or Basketball Australia. Get the right people in! Maybe Soccer can have one of the back courts. See how it goes for a year. If the damage is too substantial then look at other sports. Remember Dandenong Courts are huge and near by.

Reply #496216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An other basketball stadium take over maybe they can call it the state soccer stadium now.

Reply #496217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandenong = Basketball
State BBall = Soccer
Springers = Soccer

Large stadiums and so many clubs/associations crying out for court space and they are taken up by other sports.

Reply #496220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandenong = Volleyball

Reply #496221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if the clubs crying out for court space were prepared to pay what the Soccer and Volleyball clubs obviously are for court space they could use those venues. :-)

Also not sure how the hell indoor soccer is any more damaging on the court surface than Basketball... Scratching my head on that one.

Reply #496224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just like at pro sport (see Afl and Etihad deals) one of the biggest killers for local clubs association is stadium deals or lack of stadium deals. Some get lucky with schools in there area having courts being built over the past 5 years.

Others have to hunt around and pay other clubs in order to train or host games.

Reply #496226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but dandenong is not the state basketball centre it's the state volleyball centre even though basketball is played on all crts

Reply #496231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you ever checked a CRT surface after soccer is played........that might answer your question

Reply #496232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754