Isaac
Years ago

Sixers Pre-Season

Just thought we could compile some info on the Sixers events leading into the start of the 2004/05 season.

It's been long-announced that Adelaide will be playing a trial match in NZ against the Breakers in September (14th, at TSB Stadium).

Saw it in print somewhere recently that they'll be running an intra-club scrimmage in Port Lincoln also in September. I saw a similar match at Goolwa when Willie Farley first came to Adelaide and it was interesting to watch everyone get a run. Port Lincoln is a bit further afield, but if it's open to the public I'm sure the locals will enjoy the spectacle.

If anyone hears more, post away. I know that the players will be out of town for more than two-thirds of September, so there must be a bit of travel involved besides the scrimmage and the NZ trial game.

Topic #347 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Blitz?

Reply #2641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Must be. Last word was Cairns and Townsville for the Blitz.

Hopefully there'll be something in Adelaide though so fans can get a preview.

Reply #2644 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

There are normally 2 pre season games vs West Sydney, one for media only and 1 for public (I think last year both were open to public).

I dont know if these would still happen now Gordie isnt at the helm of the Pigs.

Reply #2689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754