Anonymous
Years ago

Chandler Back To Dallas!

Chandler and Felton are headed to Dallas in exchange for Calderon, Dalembert, Larkin, Ellington, picks 34 and 51.

Definitely an upgrade in the point position and frees up $$$ to try and make Melo stay.

People's thoughts?

Also in a bid to keep Lebron, Heat are looking to trade their no 26 pick and Cole for a higher pick. They want Nappier, who Lebron believes is the best guard in draft.

Topic #34753 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

I don't think Knicks want to keep Melo. Him and JR on same team can't work

Reply #480184 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I love Melo, but I think he's gone from the Knicks

Reply #480197 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Good move by the Knicks.
They get a point guard that is better suited to Phil Jackson triangle offence & they get rid of Raymond Felton contract.

Chandler is a better Defender than Dalembert.
But Dalembert is above average defender who can play a role.

They just need to trade Amar'e Stoudemire & Andrea Bargnani contracts now.

Reply #480202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chandler poor production last year at $15m a year is a gamble

Calderon $7m a year for three years and cannot play defense.

Where is Knicks defense coming from????

Reply #480209 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Busy Day for Trades!

Omer Asik to Pelicans for their 2015 1st round draft pick.

Link Below:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24597847/report-rockets-trade-omer-asik-to-pelicans-for-future-first-round-pick

Reply #480211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pelicans GM is an absolute moron! Why would you do that???? Houston were desperate to trade Asik (and Lin).

It's protested to so they'll probably end up getting the pick too!

Reply #480212 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

I think it's a pretty good trade.
The Pelicans should make the playoffs next year with this roster & being in the East. So the Rockets draft pick will be higher than num 15 in the 2015 Draft.

I don't think Pelicans will get a player as good as Omer Asik with a 15+ draft pick. It's also a win win for the Rockets as they clear cap space for Lebron or Melo.

Reply #480215 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Rav the Pelicans are in the West...

Reply #480216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly why would you increase another wests teams chances of getting Lebron and/or melo???? Pelicans may make playoffs (hard in the west) but won't go close to winning it especially helping houston.

Dumb trade!

Reply #480217 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

South West Division is going to be brutal next season.
Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, Grizz and Pelicans.
They could all be top 4 teams in the EAST :)

Good trade for Pelicans as it moves Davis to PF and puts a strong C next to him. Davis will need to keep improving his shooting for spacing.

Gives Houston the chance of clearing cap-space to chase LBJ and Melo.
You would expect the Pelicans to just make or miss the playoffs, so their pick will be around 13-18.
Bit of crapshoot around there in the draft.

Reply #480218 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Sorry, i just assumed they were in the East due to the location of New Orleans.

Reply #480223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Ellington being part of the trade that clears up a space at SG for Goulding at the Mavs.

Reply #480247 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Bargnani and Stoudemire contracts are untradeable. David Kahn is out of the league. MAYBE Billy King would be stupid enough to take them but probably not.

Reply #480250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any GM stupid enough to take either of those should immediately be fired. The only thing that could possibly justify it would be if a team with an amnesty left took one of them in order to get something they actually wanted, then used their amnesty. But I don't know how many owners would foot a bill like that, or who has an amnesty left.

Reply #480258 | Report this post

JohnathanJ  
Years ago

J is right Rav, the Pelicans are in the West and not East... :P

Reply #480260 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

They wouldn't be able to amnesty them, it has to be the team that had them before the rule was created.

They only have 1 more season left, so they could trade them to a rebuilding team like 76ers and give them picks and cheap young players to make it work.
Ie Bargnani and Larkin or Shumpert or Hardaway plus 2 2014 2nd rd picks to Philli for the rights to Arsalan Kazemi.

Reply #480263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stoudemire & Bargs are expiring after this season aren't they? Could get something for them at the deadline maybe and if not just pay them and look forward to the caproom.

Pelicans got a steal with Asik. Could be the most underrated defender in the league. The front court of Davis/Asik will be a nightmare for opposing bigs.

Reply #480265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure Asik is a steal he is only there for one year, Pelicans will be capped out soon and will have to give Anthony Davis super-max money in a small market

Reply #480269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way pelicans got a steal! They just helped competition have the ability to get way better which decreases their chance of winning a ring!

Reply #480298 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Houston were desperate to trade Asik (and Lin).
Because they have Howard and Asik wants to start, probably deserves to as well (10 and 12 as a starter). I don't think it's because he's a cancer.

Reply #480305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who said it's a cancer? Statement was stating desperate as they want to clear cap space for Lebron and/or Melo

Reply #480332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754