TFR30
Years ago

What are the Celtics doing?

As a Celtics fan, does anyone know what Ainge has in store for us? and who we are going for in the draft?

Personally i would like to see us get embid if he drops that far.

The rebuild is centred around rondo but not really anyone else, as everyone's name has been on the chopping block.
we havent really made a big play for anyone, besides Love and even then, we were in the box seat for a day before that trade died.

Does Rondo's attitude and arrogance deter other big named players from becoming a Celtic?
Would our best move be to trade Rondo and start a rebuild around someone like Sully?

Topic #34756 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think celts would definitely take embiid if he is there by then. Chances are he may be at that point. It really is going to be a great draft which may have a few surprises.

Should celtics take exum if there (highly unlikely) then look to trade rondo given he may test free agency?

You could get a great young pg to add to green and hopefully a defensive big through trading rondo.

Reply #480206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i will give him a ring for you!!!!

Reply #480208 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

No idea. I just hope Danny Ainge hits a home run!

Here's a crazy idea for you:
http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/25/5840148/boston-celtics-help-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-carmelo-anthony-parker-wiggins-nba-draft-rumor

I think this deal might make me cry, but it is certainly thinking outside the box!

Reply #480235 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

There is no way Embiid falls that far.

Reply #480238 | Report this post

JohnathanJ  
Years ago

i totally agree with Beantown...

Reply #480259 | Report this post

Embiid would be great if he slips that far, but otherwise they should (and probably will) get Aaron Gordon, he provides great defence and could partner well with Sullinger as a 4/5 combo down low.

Reply #480262 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I think they are hoping to get K Love.
If they can't I wouldn't be surprised if they look at trading Rondo.
He doesn't seem to be a build around player, so they may as well blow it up.

It would be a brutal process considering their current roster, but sometimes you have to do it if you can't sign gun free-agents.

Reply #480264 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I also like Gordon. I see the potential for him to be the next Matrix if he can develop a reliable three ball. He is very young though, so it may take a few years to really work out what kind of a player he is going to be. He would be in a decent spot to be brought along without too much pressure as well, because he could backup both Green and Sully while he develops his body and his game.

Unless its a slam dunk, I still wouldn't trade Rondo if they don't get Love this off-season. There is still a chance Love stays in Minnesota next season, so the Celtics could still land him at the deadline or, best of all, as a free agent.

That also gives the Celtics this season to see how the team gels under a fully healed and conditioned Rondo. If Rondo plays well, it also increases his trade value and the value of some of the other young players on the roster.

For example, they should also get a good look at Sully to:
1) see if he can get in shape; and
2) see how well he can play if he's in shape

By the end of the coming season, I think it will be pretty clear if Rondo should go or stay and if players like Sully and Olynyk are going to be stars or just role players.

I think acquiring Love is still the Celtics best option short of Lebron.

If that doesn't happen, I'd love to see them trade up to get one of Wiggins, Parker or Exum, but I think it will cost too much to move up.

My third favourite option is for Embiid to slide so they can pick him at #6.

Failing that, pick up either Vonleh or Gordon at #6 and hope Saric falls to #17.

Reply #480291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure about Gordon ultra athletic but was else does he do?

Reply #480297 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

As I said above, Gordon may take a few years to have a big impact. He is said to be very smart and hard-working though and is ready to contribute on the defensive end. He is also a good passer and decent ball-handler, he just needs to keep working on his shooting intensively.

In the end though, he is a project, hence why drafting him is my fourth favourite option!

Reply #480315 | Report this post

Don't think they'll trade Rondo, it has been rumoured for way too long now and it still hasn't happened. Also, they made him team captain and it was reported a while ago that he wanted input with the team's off-season decisions. I really don't think Ainge will trade him if they're letting him do that.

As for Love, not liking that idea at all! If the Cs want to get Love they should go for a 3rd star to partner him with (like Melo!)otherwise he may not re-sign and they still won't be a contender and will probably end up in the NBA's famous 'no-mans-land'.

Reply #480328 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Celtics contacted approximately 30 players last night, according to source. Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons are on the list.

Reply #481183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754