Anonymous
Years ago

16 Nationals - SA Girl's chances

Just wondering what people around here thought of the SA Metro and Country U16 Girl's chance at the upcoming nationals.

from the odd games i have seen and from the scores it seems like the Metro team's performance will come down to how well the North and Norwood girls perform and come together as a team.

As for the country team, seems like it will be the form of Forrestville and Mavs girls that will help them win games.

Also the friday night competition seems to have got closer at the top of the ladder lately, any thoughts on why and whats going on?

Topic #3476 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

The only reason U 16 Div 1 Girls has become even is due to North's two losses over the past two weeks since classics.

This team has been rocked by injuries right from the start of the summer season, but to their credit, had been able to maintain their no loss record right up to the last two weeks. The U16 squad is quite deep, so some players have had opportunities to fill in to the Div 1 team, much to the delight of the Div 2 coach!!!!!!!

The other significant factor is having almost the whole team in the initial state squads and even now, having 3 Metro & 2 Country representatives remaining for the Nationals. This has obviously interrupted training and made it very difficult to maintain consistency.

Once the disruptions of the Nationals are over, North will again dominate..............

Reply #40179 | Report this post

Pureballer  
Years ago

i think other teams are getting it together as well and have worked out norths achilles heel.i know mavs and west have

Reply #40190 | Report this post

you know  
Years ago

Very confident there 'Spinner', are you under estimating the competition? Or are you using a public forum to suck up?

Reply #40227 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

you know

Don't need to "suck up".......just my opinion....They are a talented group and will come back strong

Reply #40234 | Report this post

you know  
Years ago

I beg to differ Spinner, you sound like your making excuses for Norths losses. The mavs & west didnt deserve their victories? Every team has to deal with injuries & disruptions.

Reply #40240 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

No, I am not suggesting that Mavs and West aren't good enough or didn't deserve there wins. And yes, every team does have to deal with injury and disruption.

All I am saying is that despite all the disruptions and injury that North has suffered, and it has been significant, they have only lost two games since October last year and that once they are over these disruptions, they WILL again dominate.

Reply #40301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754