Anonymous
Years ago

Bairstow to Bulls

Well done to a late bloomer. Has put in the hard yards and now in the big show... Looking forward to seeing him at the Bulls..

Topic #34770 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Will he get on the (NBA) court?

Reply #480518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wil play overseas

They have Nikola Mirotic coming over who is another young PF

That leaves them with Gibson, Boozer and Mirotic and even if Boozer leaves, it is still a tough front court to break into

Hope he makes the team though, but highly unlikely

Prove the doubters wrong again Cam

Reply #480519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could the bulls be going for something like

Noah/Smith
Mirotic/Gibson/Bairstow
Anthony/McDermott
Butler/Snell/Dunleavy
Rose/Hinrich and/or Augustine

I think it works salary cap wise as follows, but am no expert so could be a little off.

The guys under contract adds upto 63 mil (including Boozer), salary cap is 68 next season.

So amnesty Boozers 16 mil and offer that to Anthony, basically a straight swap

McDermott will cost around 1.2

leaving around 3.5 for Mirotic, Bairstow, Hinrich and/or Augustine, so if they get Mirotic they may have to let go one or both of Hinrich or Augustine, depending on there price i guess, i hope they can keep atleast one of the pgs as need support for Rose coming back from injury.

So that may be a tight squeeze if it all has to fir under the 68, but if they can use exceptions and other ways of going a little over the 68 mil to around the 73-80 mil mark similar to last seasons roster then i reckon they could fit it in.

Reply #480522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops salary cap is 63 mil next season, so will be tough to put that roster together,

would probably have to lose Dunleavy to keep one of the pgs if they amnesty boozer and bring in Anthony, unless Hinrich can stay over the cap

Not sure how they will fit in Mirotic if they get Anthony unless they are allowed to sign him over the 63 mil cap,

Anyways good luck to Bairstow, it will be tough for him to make the roster as they look like they could have 2 of Boozer, Gibson, Mirotic at pf, but he could be a handy/cheap option as 12th man like Delly was for Cavs.

Good luck , im a fan of you and always been a Bulls fan so will watch with interest.

Reply #480523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Difference is bairstow was drafted so if the bulls want him he is there's anytime they want, they can shove him in the D-league or whatever the call him up when needed!

Delly had to fight for a roster spot then fight for court time

That roster posted above is never going to happen to many guys that would demand court time, most NBA teams are madu up of 8-9 guys that see action and 6 bench warmers

Dunleavy will be gone boozer amnesty they might make a few more trades to bring in cheaper role player also and bairstow would be one of those guys

Reply #480531 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Remember Patty was drafted in the 2nd Round by Portland who were loaded at the guard spot and he fractured his foot during practice for Summer League but still was offered a contract and signed with Portland in October. He was assigned to the D-league where he lit it up and was recalled shortly after to the Blazers. Many on here didn't give Patty much chance to get signed considering Portlands roster at the time was guard heavy, and especially so after he fractured his foot, but he proved his doubters wrong.

Reply #480542 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Nikola Mirotic not a done deal to come to the Bulls this season,

Bulls GM Gar Forman discussing Mirotic: "We've developed a relationship with him," Forman said. "It's our feeling that he's excited to come play for the Bulls. We're still not sure whether that will be this summer or the following. He has some buyout issues. But he's certainly in our plans."

Reply #480544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chicago liked Bairstow as he thought he would fit into their culture. Not sure putting him overseas will help that. I reckon they will sign him and have him split time between the main team and D-League. They will expect him to shoot a lot more of the 3-ball in D-League and hope that if he can develop his 3 point shot he can become a stretch 4-man. In college, he just tried to beast opponents and fell in love with his mid-range jump shot so never really was in a situation where he had to put up three's. If he can develop that shot he has the right attitude to stick with an NBA team.

Reply #480546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow was impressive for the Boomers v New Zealand last year. I think Thibs will absolutely love him, and Chicago is as likely a place as any for him to stick. Their whole thing is guys who play ridiculously hard - think Noah, Rose, Butler, and Deng who Thibs was really upset to see traded. Bairstow fits right into that.

There were better upside/draft-and-stash picks on the board if the Bulls wanted them. While he's by no means a lock to make the roster, I'd rate his chances.

Reply #480553 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Bairstow expects to play in the FIBA Basketball World Cup for the Aussie Boomers in September and will begin contract talks with the Bulls in July, according to agent Chris Emens.

Second-round draft picks are not guaranteed a roster spot.

Some NBA teams send second-round picks overseas for a year and retain rights to those players. Boston did that last year with ex-Colorado State star Colton Iverson. But Emens said there are no such plans with Bairstow and that Bairstow would not consider such an arrangement.

"I feel like I've got another good opportunity I’ve been given, and I’m going to make the most of that," Bairstow said. “Whatever happens, happens. ... I feel really confident that I’m going to do all that it takes to make it at the NBA level.”

http://www.abqjournal.com/422158/sports/bairstow-is-excited-to-get-started-with-bulls-franchise.html

Reply #480592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754