Anonymous
Years ago

Clint Steindl keeping getting picked for AUS teams

Why does he keep getting picked????
Given he can shoot the ball when he's hot but when he's cold he's got nothing.
Many other young shooting guards that are better players than this guy, Ryan Broekoff, Anthony Drmic etc.
He isn't even palying well in the Queenslad State League so really don't understand the facination with him????

Topic #34790 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

You answered your own question in the 2nd line. Purely for his shooting ability.

Reply #480878 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He's also fairly athletic as seen on a couple of monster put back dunks last season. I rate Blanchfield higher.

Reply #480880 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I also prefer Blanchfield, and I tend to think he should be still in the mix for a Boomers spot.

Reply #480890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would pick Goulding as a flat out shooter over both

Reply #480927 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I like Steindl and have been happy he's been selected for Australis but I think it's time to show some real development in his game as Blanchfield is younger and more advanced, or the fascination with him needs to stop.

I'd like to see an Andrew Parkinson type pure shooter work with Steindl and Blanchfield purely on the shooting aspects of their game and getting open looks and working off screens etc.

Hopefully we can look back on this off season as the time that both players took their games to worthy of Boomers contention.

As for Goulding, love him but he is an out and out shooting guard and playing him in any other position could be detrimental to the team where as Steindl isn't quick enough to play at the 2

Reply #480962 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I wouldn't get too worked up he gets picked for Sino series and training camps that's all. Drmic was injured recently and our top level guys were overseas.

Reply #481029 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754