Isaac
Years ago

Crocs re-sign Brian Conklin

"I left last year with some unfinished business as far as our overall record was concerned. Personally I was disappointed with getting hurt and having to watch the boys soldier on over the last month of the season. The boys' dedication really showed me the fight that was in this team and made me want to come back to the nucleus that was already signed and finish what we started."

“The club’s commitment to me while I was hurt was also a significant reason for our return this year. After seeing the team that we are assembling for this year I'm happy to be returning to the "Mighty Crocs" and our new home at the Townsville RSL stadium!”
Full article

Topic #34799 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news for the Crocs

Reply #480972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing thing is he is only 24

Reply #480975 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Markovic/Norton
Steindl/Djeric
Blanchfield/
Conklin/Holmes
Gladness/

Strong looking team. You can always switch Norton and Steindl in the starting five

Reply #480990 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Has alot of upside to him.They'll be competitive.

Reply #480991 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

More than competitive, they'll make playoffs for mine.

Reply #481015 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

How many points do they have left under the cap? Could be an option for Ballinger. The crocs already looking better for next year in the 4-6 range imo.

Reply #481025 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Really liking this roster.

Balls would be a perfect fit for this team but don't think they could make it work money wise.

Would expect Vandy and Kenny to return on close to league minimum.

Reply #481031 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think you need to factor in the possibility that NBL refs won't be able to officiate Gladness properly, at least not for a while, so he will probably be spending a lot of time on the bench in early foul trouble. So vandy fits that need.

Reply #481035 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

How many points do they have left under the cap?

Markovic [9] / Norton [3]
Steindl [6] / Djeric [3]
Blanchfield [7^] / ???
Conklin [10] / Holmes [7#]
Gladness [10] / ???
Total = 55pts

So plenty left for back ups...

^ - Loyalty bonus of -2pts for Blanchfield this season
# - Holmes signed as a 7, but is now a 6

A really great re-signing for the Crocs, they're really going to have a strong team this season with two pieces left to fill the puzzle... Conklin being able to play with a legit 5 as well will take that pressure off him and I think will have an even better season than last...

Reply #481039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I were the Crocs I'd sign Ballinger and resign Kenny at this point.

Reply #481052 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

id sign Ballinger (only if cheap enough) and Vanderjagt.

Steindl and Holmes can play the back up sf minutes.

If Ballinger is too expensive/not selected by the coaches id be trying to get the best sg/sf they can,

Reply #481053 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Playing small ball with Conklin at 5 at times should also be fun to watch. Conklin, Blanchfield, Steindl, Markovic and Norton, should make for some fun run and gun.

Definately better overall size this year with Conklin at 4, a legit starting centre and Steindl in the mix.

Reply #481060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad hill could be a good fit can play at the 4 spot

Reply #481098 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wow that is a formidable front line the Crocs have.

If Gladness is the keyway intimidator people say they are and Blanchfield continues to improve this would be a top 4 team.

Reply #481117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This roster is looking good.

Question mark is whether Steindl can handle the ball or is he going to be a 3 who spends some time at the 4. I say it's the latter, but figuring that out asap should be a priority because it will affect who you bring in as those final 2 open roster spots, and it will most definitely affect how you run your training camp.

I think the best way to go would be bringing Steindl off the bench as the 6th man and starting both PGs in the two backcourt spots:

Markovic
Norton / Djeric / Kenny (or whoever)
Blanchfield / Steindl
Conklin / Holmes
Gladness / Vandy

Then you bring on Steindl for one of your bigs and go small / fast / lots o' shooting and scare the pants off everyone:

Norton (40.4% from 3)
Markovic (40.9%)
Steindl (41.1%)
Blanchfield (40.2%)
Gladness (N/A - won't shoot)

That lineup could blow games wide open in minutes if used correctly. Having four 40% shooters on the floor at once could be historically terrifying.

Reply #481187 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

^^^ sorry that was me

Reply #481189 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I think one look at Steindl tells you he is no POWER forward.He'll get by as a 2 in short bursts but is 100% a small forward. This is not to say with development he can become the other two spots eventually.

Reply #481254 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

could you honestly imagine Steindl successfully guarding Mika Vukona on the block?

Reply #481258 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"I think you need to factor in the possibility that NBL refs won't be able to officiate Gladness properly, at least not for a while, so he will probably be spending a lot of time on the bench in early foul trouble."

Mick, the sad thing about this is you're probably right... Hopefully the refs allow us to see Gladness at his best more often than not.

Reply #481265 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Youre missing the point Isasc. Can you imagine bigs trying to close out to all those guys on the perimeter? If they move the ball properly they will be unguardable by most teams. I doubt Dennis will be worried about Vukona or any other PF dominating any games offensively while Blanchield or Steindl are at the 4.

Id be throwing Blanchfield at the 4 in small ball lineups anyway. He's had plenty of experience playing there and he doesn't give up much on D down low in terms of size.

Reply #481297 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I mean Mystro not Isaac

Reply #481298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754