Anonymous
Years ago

Stephenson offered $44m/5 by Pacers, wants more

From NBA. com 'The Pacers offered a five-year, $44 million contract to Stephenson, but sources said the versatile shooting guard believes he's worth much more.'

Is he worth the trouble !!!

Topic #34809 | Report this topic

M  
Years ago

They just signed CJ Miles for 4 years 18 mil, so I would say his gone. I could see a team like the Bobcats offer him at least 60 million for 4 years.

Reply #481325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think around the $8m per year mark as offered but he obviously not in same ball park as he's thinking. I wouldn't offer over the $10m per mark rather get Ariza. Also, as previously mentioned, what "troubles" will he bring with that????

Reply #481326 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Personally I wouldn't offer him more than 8 mil a year. And a 5 year deal is risky considering his immaturity and clashes with players.

Reply #481332 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Wow, have you guys watched him play the last two years? He is the best player the pacers have....yes I'm serious here's why.

He plays with heart and he plays to win. He doesn't bow down to the elite players, rather takes it right at them and puts them on the back foot. Sure he crosses the line some times, but it doesn't hurt his teams chances of success. The pacers issue is other than Stephenson, West and Scola they are soft.

Remember James Harden playing for OKC, he took his pay day and OKC have missed him dearly and the Rockets are about to take off. I'd give him 4 years / $60m

Reply #481334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't lock him in long term. They've been more than generous IMO. Better off with a smarter player that can defer to teammates than making the risky play with a nutcase.

Reply #481339 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

$8mil to $10mil is his range.

He has his issues and the maturity thing hurts his stock, if he'd kept it together in playoff's he'd have more bargining power but the whole ear blowing thing.

He seems a bit like a J.R Smith seris two! All street baller and once he gets paid gets lazy...that is the real danager with him and i think Bird seems to think the same.

Reply #481340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if he's the best player at the franchise you'd take him over George???? No way!

There's no way id pay him $15m a season. Get Ariza for less who plays better defense!

Reply #481354 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

I wouldnt offer him a cent more, id personally have offered him less $$ and less years, that was a very generous offer imo

i think the Pacers should move on and see who else is out there, i doubt keeping Stepherson at that money or more would really help them win a title or even the East so even if they lose him for nothing could be better off in the long run, maybe a step backwards to take 2 steps forward. Given there worse case scenario is starting Evan Turner at sg, they wont be too bad even if they dont replace him, and not signing him on big $$ will give them some space and roster flexibility at some point down the road if not this off season.

Better than locking in a long term, big money deal with a guy like Stephenson, whilst he is talented, he is volatile and even his play is inconsistent, he reminds me alot of JR Smith aswell, and look how paying him and locking him into a contract turned out.

Reply #481356 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Pacers are now looking at Rodney Stuckey as a possible replacement.

Reply #481362 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

JR Rider #3

Reply #481363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lance is no James Harden, not an appropriate comparison. Good not great, so he doesnt deserve great money. If he rates himself so highly, sign somewhere for 2 years, by then he will be the 'star' and can go for a max deal then.

Reply #481464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stuckey why? Haven't they got a guard in turner that can't shoot that well?

Reply #481469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a classic case of a player who can succeed in the right situation. I think the Pacers' offer is about right for what they can get out of him. But if a mediocre team offers him more money and tries to make him their primary option, it's going to be a disaster.

Reply #481480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget about his abilities and look at if it is really worth the collateral damage to team morale. listen to the players media responses to his antics and they tell you they don't like it. they are trying to be a professional well oiled machine and he is toxic oil wearing down the cogs and one day they'll have had enough and look to be replaced. the other issue is the coach saying thats just who he is. the rest of the players interpret that along with the higher dollar value he is given, that the Pacers value him and his ethics more than theirs. that lack if integrity will lead them to more failures and instability. bad move Pacers. should have let him be someone else's problem or get a coach who can father him with some tough love and work the angry attention seeking child out of him and knock the giant chip right off his shoulder. then we will see his true worth and it may be amazing and worth the money. the coach needs ti change if you gave Stephenson.......

Reply #481493 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Turner is gone. They barely played him once he was found out.

Reply #481501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think 50 mil range for 5 year deal is pretty fair for lance.

Suprised gortat got 60 mil over 5 years...

Reply #481824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754