Dr6
Years ago

Joey having a look at Ross

6'8" - 100 kg. Looks like a good size unit.

http://www.saukvalley.com/2014/07/04/ross-looks-to-make-most-out-of-next-opportunity/ac1mgqo/

Guarantee to get paid is a big selling point to come to NBL - too many stories of European teams not fulfilling their contracts.

Topic #34829 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt even need to read the photo caption to know it was the white guy. No one wants to admit it for politically correct reasons, but the black dudes bring the fans, the white dudes bring buzz cut haircuts and 10 and 5. Hope Joey has a good eye for new talent, 6ers cant afford to get it wrong or last season was a one off.

Reply #481746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please no. Jamar and him would draw a crowd of 10

Reply #481750 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Average stats ,i hope joey is looking at other prospects.

Reply #481755 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

1st Jamar and now this guy. C'mon Joey you can do way better.

Reply #481757 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Why is he looking at another PF?

Reply #481758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would have to be the budget import so I hope they get him and get someone better than Jamar with the left over cash. If it means a gun import and no Jamar Wilson I'll take christopherson if we had to.

Reply #481765 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think its more the case he is just on Joeys vegas summer league team, along with 8 other guys, not sure it guarantees he is high on Joeys list,

If DJ stays i would of thought we would get a import swingman on the cheap.

If DJ leaves i would guess they would go a more stud/proven import big or swingman and a cheapish Aussie.

Not sure Ross fits into those scenarios.

Unless they are going to get him to replace DJ and get a proven/star aussie swingman/guard?? but not sure who is out there?? wouldnt have thought many??

Reply #481776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are looking for a 4 man !!!

Reply #481778 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Forget the scenarios where Wilson isn't signed. DJ would be the unknown, not Wilson.

And as for white dud(e)s, Clarke, Wilkinson, Lisch, Morrison, Conklin? All serviceable to MVP range as imports. Ballinger in his day was top five in almost every major stats category. You want to talk about the politically correct thing? How about seeing that an import is white and assuming his stats will be average?

Reply #481809 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Ross looks to be a bit of the DJ mould...can play inside and out. Only seen highlights so hard to say how good he is and the competition he was against. Looks to have all the tools though?

Reply #481842 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I was hoping Joey would be going for someone more like Matthew Hezekiah...

Reply #481845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks to be quite decent actually

certainly shows potential to up the 36ers interior D

Reply #481847 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Just cause a dude is White doesn't mean he can't play.

He looks like he'd be more the servicable in the NBL so if he fits a need why bag him cause he isn't a massive highlight player.

Pretty sure Hudson, Wilkinson & Redage weren't higlight reel white dudes who put together good numbers on good teams and fitted team roles really well.

Reply #481853 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Looks a little like the 1996 Tony Ronaldson model just will less space for "junk in the trunk"

Reply #481884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watched dj tonight and he looks to have slipped back in to his old ways. pity...

Reply #483815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754