Anonymous
Years ago

Granger and McRoberts to Heat, plus more

Josh Mc Roberts to Heat for $23m over 4 years.

Danny Granger to Heat for $4.2m over 2 years.

Channing Frye to Magic for $32m over 4 years.

Rockets offered Bosh $88m over 4 years.

Topic #34843 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Stoudemire and Shumpert to 76ers potentially.

Reply #482004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting pick up for the Heat. Doesn't exactly fill their holes. More fills their holes if LBJ and Bosh go. Was expecting a good pcikup for the centre position or does McRoberts play the 5 and 4?

Reply #482009 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

I dont mind those signings for the Heat, if they can still get a $6-10 mil free agent (not sure who they would get though, they are trying for Deng, but i think he will cost more) and add Okafor for his minimum and bring back the rest of last years team it looks ok to me. (If you lose Bosh and/or LeBron go even harder for 1 or 2 of Deng, Ariza, etc and would still be an ok team if you can land them.) (If Bosh goes and LeBron stays offer Boshs spot to Melo)

Interesting to see how it plays out, i still think big 3 stays and they are aiming for something like

Bosh/Andersen/Okafor/Oden
Deng or best free agent they can afford/McRoberts
James/Granger/Ennis
Wade/Allen
Napier/Cole

Ideally they will add another $6-10 mil free agent, with Deng being there first choice by the sounds of it.

Which should be a contender imo, still a top 2 team in the east.

Reply #482022 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I think both McRobert & Granger help fill roles.

McRoberts was good in the playoffs for the bobcats and would be good in the 4 spot with his passing ability & shooting he could be a 12, 8 & 4 guy for them.

I think LBJ will like both signings as if they start getting acouple more solid guys to fill the bench and the big 3 come back they are going to be right at it again.

Reply #482027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is not a very strong back court. Napier and Cole are too young/inexperienced and Wade and Allen are too old/injury prone.

Reply #482060 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

some espn guys were suggesting they sign Jameer Nelson, he could help out the young pg rotation if they can get him cheap enough

Reply #482061 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

who the eff is Ennis? lol

Reply #482190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754