The truth
Years ago

Centrals Vs West

Was unable of the game dose anyone have the score or Player Scores for both men and women ???

Topic #3485 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Sorry Issac must have clicked it twice...Feel free to delete one...

Reply #40258 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

West women up 99-38. Cooper and Truslove with 18. No Lions in double figures but they did win the boards. Bayly had 9 and 6. Sellick and Lamarche had 10 and 12 turnovers respectively. 25 steals from the Bearcats, including 8 from Cooper.

Centrals men (missing Justin Wilkey) thrashed the Bearcats at Port Adelaide, getting up 97-62!

Reggie had 23, 11 and 7. Hammond had a respectable 22 and 10. Jye Watson appears to have sat for much of the game with foul trouble, having only 9, 1 and 6 in 18 minutes of court time.

For West, Phillips had 21 (7-15 threes) and 6, while Crothers had 12 and 7, but fouled out. West shot at 27% to Centrals 42.7%! Ben Evans' 2-16 was a special effort from the field.

Goodbye tips. :(

Reply #40260 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

What a diffrence reggie can make to the team ... Last week it looked as if centrals wouldnt win anthor game this season ... Reggie back and the spank a team in the top 5 by 30 ...

Reply #40262 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

west didn't play like a team that needed to win that game for a chance at the finals. but centrals did play well.

Reply #40276 | Report this post

lippy  
Years ago

Isaac, I guess you picked west in the men?

Even after you received an anonymous tip off......

Reply #40281 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unfortunately so! Even with Reggie back, I still thought that without Wilkey the Lions may not have the scoring power. Yet they won, and Jye hardly scored. Amazing.

Update: Just checked my tips because I couldn't remember if I tipped Southern or Norwood (Norwood, crap!) and it seems that I did tip Centrals! I remember tossing it up and then thinking that West were a bit light on scoring power too. 6/10 for the week. Not good!

Reply #40297 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

West never looked in it, they looked a couple of players short of being a good team. Centrals had 8 players suit up, Rick only dressing players he's going to play, which meant all players got decent court time. Centrals ran a containment 2-1-2 trap after scores and some of the younger fellas didn't look too good against it. Jye had 3 fouls in about 5 minutes in the 1st, and then got his 4th very early in the second, so he sat for a long time. To top it off he dislocated his thumb so it wasn't a memorable game for him.

Very low crowd at the Port, there might have been 60 people there, not much cheering from either teams spectators, I think they all had their hands in their pockets cos of the very cold temperature.

For West, Phillips was solid, I don't know why teams just keep someone on him all the time, the 3 is his game. Belly was quiet, Hammo and Clayton forced him to catch the ball a bit further out than what he would have liked.

The game was over at half time, Centrals were up by around 25, and at 3 quarter time West had 44 points.

Reply #40326 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

There were more supporters up in the bar than down on the court.

Reply #40340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thumb looked terrible but it seemed to go back in place ok

Reply #40343 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Good to see Centrals back on the winners list.
Amazing what having Reggie back can do.
Pretty sure they're out of the finals race though? Still hopefully they can pick up a few more wins before the seasons end.

Reply #40350 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Centrals are out of the finals race. Even if they win both games and finish 8/10, South already have 9 wins & one of Eastern or West have to finsih with 9 wins,as they both have 8 at the moment and they play each other in the last game, which could well be a knockout game, a week early.

Reply #40352 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754