Anonymous
Years ago

Mavs Offer Parsons 3 Years/$45m

Will the Rockets match?

Topic #34860 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

If they can't get anyone else then they will go for him, Parsons is there last option.

Reply #482309 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Depends on the following:

1. where LeBron signs; which influences
2. whether Bosh intends to sign with Houston; but they won't have enough cap space for Parsons and Bosh so
3. can Lin can be traded to create necessary cap space?

$15mil per season is probably around Parsons' value and Les Alexander has consistently claimed to be a willing luxury tax payer if the team is a legitimate contender: I's day Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh and Howard makes them legit.

Reply #482315 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

This possibly will force Bosh to make a decision independent of what LeBron decides.

Reply #482348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope no one else takes Lin on to allow that cap space to happen

Everything is on hold for Lebron. Crazy!

I'm a Lakers fan and now wondering who they'll get if anyone. I think may get Thomas but who else? Do they sign role players to one year deals and then go big next year or year after? They won't get a draft pick because I'm pretty sure that was traded in the Nash deal.

I don't think lakers will get Lebron (obviously), Melo or Gasol. To a degree I'm really surprised how much hoopla is assxoiated with Anthony considering he hasn't really won anything!

Reply #482351 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Apparently the 76ers have already agreed to trade for Lin and some combination of: New Orleans's 2015 1st round pick (soon to be acquired by trading Omer Asik), Houston's 2015 or future 1st rounder, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejūnas and their stashed 2nd round picks.

Reply #482355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This could effect Goulding's hopes for a Mavs contract...

Reply #482392 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I think it may come down to if Lebron leaves then Houston will try to do a trade with Miami to get Bosh.
I have heard rumours that The Pelicans don't have the cap space to trade for Asik, as the cap was a little lower then expected.
So they may have to include Asik in a Bosh trade.

Asik, T Jones, Montiejunos and picks for Bosh.
They could even throw in Newley :)

Dallas did it's best to make Parsons contract hard to trade to discourage the Rockets from matching.
A 15% trade kicker and the third year player option.
But teams don't like losing players for nothing so I think it is 50-50 at the moment.

Reply #482396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charlotte also did that with Haywards offer

Reply #482398 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

If I'm Bosh, im ringing LeBron, saying are you coming back to the Heat, if he cant give me a definitive yes, im taking the Rockets deal.

Bosh shouldnt wait around in limbo, either contact LeBron and get a firm commitment, im assuming LeBron would be completely honest with Bosh, or move on, this opportunity is huge for Bosh.

Reply #482399 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Parson is a really nice piece so Houston won't want to loose him.

I love what Cuban has done by forcing everyones hand to make plays on contracts regardless of LBJ.

He has put Houston in a really tight spot as to shuffling the deck chairs with Bosh will keeping a supporting cast.

If rockets loose parsons and trade Lin/Osik they have a pretty weak bench/depth so not sure they'll contend even with Howard/Harden/Bosh

Reply #482400 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

If hayward isn't matched he is landing in a good situation.....Charlotte heading in the right direction in a weak East (even after loosing McRoberts).

Reply #482401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754