Anonymous
Years ago

How the Australians will fit in next NBA Season

A lot of changes in this off season and some which will effect current rostered players and potential future players.

1. Matthew Dellavedova - Cleveland Cavaliers

A lot of changes here. On one hand Jack is out and potential for Waiters to be out but on the other hand there is talk of other guards coming in such as Ray Allen etc.

2. Dante Exum - Utah Jazz

Gordon Hayward could fly ship to the pelicans which wouldn't necessarily directly effect Exum (may free him up for scoring). Burks is still a possibility as a starter.

3. Aron Baynes - San Antonio Spurs

Talk of Gasol coming to the Spurs which could move Baynes out. Pretty unlikely though.

4. Andrew Bogut - Golden State Warriors

Bogut shouldn't be effected.

5. Patty Mills - San Antonio Spurs

Patty shouldn't be effected

6. Cam Bairstow - Chicago Bulls

Boozer out, Melo in? Bosh in? Could be some big names come in at the 4 or 5.

7. Chris Goulding - Dallas Mavericks?

Parsons to Dallas? Could make that position a harder one to crack.

8. Joe Ingles - New Orleans Pelicans?

Hayward to pelicans? Are the pelicans even still interested?

Topic #34866 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Parsons to Dallas would help Goulding's chances, IMO. If they Mavs are spending roughly $50 million on Dirk/Chandler/Parsons/Ellis, then that limits their options for rounding out the roster.

They can still to re-sign players with Bird Rights, potentially sign stashed draft picks, plus they have exceptions (e.g. MLE) to spend on free agents, but like Dellavadova before him, Goulding's best chance at being signed by an NBA team lies with teams looking for minimum and/or non-guaranteed contracts to fill their final roster spots.

Reply #482406 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Parsons plays the 3 and sometimes as a stretch 4. Won't affect Goulding who is a 2 with no size to play 3 in the NBA.

Also, everything Mo said above...

Reply #482409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are Goulding and Ingles on this list. Will not make NBA rosters!

Reply #482413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding could. Ingles probably not although Pelcians have made offers to him in the past.

Don't forget Motum and Vandenberg. Anything is a possibility in the offseason.

Reply #482414 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I actually don't see why Goulding couldn't make an NBA roster, Ingles not right now due to having very little court time last season.. but goulding I really don't see why not. There are far worse players in the NBA then Goulding!

Reply #482415 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

If Ingles plays really well at the World Cup and particularly against the stronger teams with NBA swingmen he could put himself back on the radar. But i do agree probably not likely to get a contract, but could get a training camp invite, he would be known to some NBA teams.

I reckon his best bet if he doesnt get a NBA offer is to go somewhere and be 'the man', thats why NBL would be great for him in that regards. But to do that he would possibly have to take a $$ hit as he doesnt seem likely to be given a huge role on a Euroleage team, but could still likely get a gig and some good $$$. And please if a NBA team offers you any sort of contract take it, even if it is a short term pay cut, if you prove yourself even to Mills level in the NBA that pay rise will make up for any short term cut.

My guess is he will be back in Europe. Not sure many NBL clubs could afford him even if he agrees to come to the NBL for $250-300k, maybe Perth?? Melbourne if they dont get Kickert??? i doubt the 36ers could, but would love him to come to Adelaide!

Reply #482421 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

GWB, while I agree that Goulding is in with a chance in making the NBA and probably more likely than Joe given his shooting ability, Ingles played 22.5mpg (13/30 starts) for the eventual Euroleague champions. His numbers don't jump off the page (9ppg / 3rpg / 3apg / 0.53FG% / 0.42TP% / 0.70FT%), but he certainly contributed his fair share to the pinnacle of professional basketball outside the NBA.

Locks: Bogut, Mills, Exum
Likely: Baynes, Bairstow
Push: Dellavadova (although he should be a lock!)
Hopefuls: Goulding, Ingles
No chance: Motum
No chance is hell: Vandenburg (...seriously?)

Reply #482422 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

You're getting NO and Charlotte mixed up. Hayward signed an offer sheet with the Hornets.

Reply #482431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's funny how Newley was drafted yet Ingles went undrafted considering Joe is an infinitely better player.

I think Bairstow has a real chance to make it with the bulls. They apparently loved him and considered trading up to get him so they want him on the team. And he seems like the person that'll work his way into decent minutes.

Reply #482458 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

458, they're very different players and keep in mind that Newley was drafted after dominating the NBL as a 23yo - he scored 46 points in a game during the 06/07 season.

Reply #482460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats no chance is hell ??

Reply #482467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mean?

Reply #482470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All reports out of the Bulls continue to be very strong on Bairstow.

Latest in camp

"Cameron, I feel like he already has an NBA body and mentality," Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin, who will coach the team in Las Vegas, said.

“He's grabbing every board and out-hustling everyone.”

Reply #482485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding shot 2-8 in his first summer league game. 2-7 from three point land. Scored six points.

Reply #482583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754