MACDUB
Years ago

Breakers sign Daniel Dillon?

Meh.

At least we will get some speed out of our guards which Vickerman highlighted was an issue last season

Topic #34873 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow

Reply #482588 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how he goes as he starred for grand finalists Oradea in the Romanian league last season.

Reply #482589 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Don't think this is confirmed just yet...

Reply #482591 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not confirmed. TBA tomorrow

Reply #482594 | Report this post

Anyone know how many points he is worth?

Reply #482595 | Report this post

N-Bomb  
Years ago

Original article is here: http://nzhoops.co.nz/nbl-final-four-concept-worth-keeping/

Reply #482597 | Report this post

N-Bomb  
Years ago

Wrong link, my bad! http://nzhoops.co.nz/breakers-discussions-dillon/

Reply #482598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought he was about a 6 point rating from memory ...

Solid pickup. Used to be pretty handy with the ball in transition driving to the rim. Streaky outside shot.

Reply #482600 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I'd be excited if i was a Breakers fan.

Great signing.

Reply #482610 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Great signing i was hoping the 36ers would get him.

I now hope Rhys Carter returns for the 36ers

Reply #482614 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

decent signing for the bench, 6 4" with handles and speed and ability to play some PG, SG & SF.

Stud Import PG / ?
Corey Webster / Daniel Dillon
Tom Abercrombie / Reuban TeRangi or Ritchie Edwards
Mika Vukona / Duane Bailey
Alex Pledger / Rob Loe or NZNBL Import

I'm still holding out hope that the Breakers snag Rob Loe which would allow them to run a cheaper import as the back up PG & with TeRangi awaiting sentencing on serious charges Edwards could be a decent replacement at SF.
If Rob Loe is unattainable then Vickerman has been looking at a couple of NZNBL Imports to play some minutes at PF and back up Pledger at Centre which will allow them to spend decent $ on the PG spot.
Corey Webster has earned his spot in the starting 5 and Bailey can play some SF if needed and play minutes at PF when Vukona gets in foul trouble.

Options for backup PG? Tait, Kenney? Bloxham hasn't really shown enough to suggest he can play at NBL level. At least Dillon & Webster have handles.

Not a ton of experience on the bench but pretty long and athletic team.

Reply #482641 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Give Tait the back up PG spot i reckon, he is the best of the NZers imo.

Reply #482653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't understand bailey on full time contract. Too small for 4. Get loe and a import big. Need to upgrade over last years wilkinson and frank. I am not certain bailey does this.

Reply #482836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't understand bailey on full time contract. Too small for 4. Get loe and a import big. Need to upgrade over last years wilkinson and frank. I am not certain bailey does this.

Reply #482837 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Can't understand bailey on full time contract. Too small for 4."

Isn't he the same size as Mika Vukona at 6.6" ?

Sure he's only young and no where near being the undersized beast on the block that Mika is but maybe he has done enough in training and the recent NZNBL season to prove to the Coaching staff that he deserves a full-time spot on the team. I'm happy for him and hopefully he can step up to the challenge.

Reply #482843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes same size as Mika

I'm happy for him also.

Still don't understand the signing

Reply #482845 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Still nothing official on Dillon though guys...

Reply #482851 | Report this post

NBomb  
Years ago

Breakers media guy also doing Tall Blacks at the moment, and Vickerman overseas. Wouldnt be surprised if they hold it off.

Reply #482853 | Report this post

NBomb  
Years ago

Deal has fallen through, Dillon back to Romania

Reply #483353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754