Charlie
Years ago

best bench in the ABL?

if there was a best 6 man award given at the end of the season, who would be the contenders?

Topic #3489 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

mark fuller - warriors

Reply #40304 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

What about Luke Frost from South? plays more than 30 mins, plays hard defence and can score.

Reply #40332 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

i'd go with frost too, but mind you i have only seen the other teams play when they play south so im not sure what players are doing in other weeks and if there starting or not. frost's numbers are pretty good for a six man though. i think it would be a good idea to introduce a 6 man of the year award. it would be a good chance for younger players to get noticed or even senior players who do their job week in week out in the strong teams.

Reply #40360 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

This was a discussion that was brought up over a couple of lemon squashes after the game on Saturday night, so it's funny it's been brought up on here too.
I think it would be a great award to bring in to our league. It recognises someone who most times would not be likely to win an MVP or All-star five award but is no less valuable than any of the starters.
And I know i'm a bit biased but I know my vote would go to Luke Frost. He's been huge for us this season and to give you an example of how dedicated this guy is, Luke fractured his thumb in the first quarter against Sturt and played on for the rest of the game and had 18 points and 10 boards for us.
Now that's heart...

Reply #40363 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I looked at doing this last season. Find a corporate sponsor to cover the award cost and then run votes online so that it was judged by fans and players. I can't remember who, but there was a company that was interested in sponsoring an award like this. And you can bet Reesy would be happy to get the trophy sale!

Reply #40365 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

That would be awesome if it could be organised and we got to vote. Would definately be a winner with 99% of people I suspect.

Reply #40369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North Adelaide has the best bench...
Just never get to see em' cos the veterans are takin all the shots..

Reply #40373 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Here's the stat comparison between Doug MacDonald-Taylor & Luke Frost.

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/stats/player_compare.cfm?id=172,145

I think Doughy has had a good year for the Eagles, and would be a leading candidate for the 6th man position. Not only does he have solid numbers (including good FG & FT %s), he provides hussle to the Eagles unit. Often times he'll be in the 'finishing 5' of tight games.

If I were voting for the award, I'd give my vote to DMT, with Frost 2nd.

Reply #40409 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

dougie or doughy? were you making a pizza while you posted that?

Reply #40462 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Haha - Wasn't making one, but could well have been thinking of one... mmmm pizza.

Reply #40503 | Report this post

LUKE FROST

Reply #40514 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

Luke Frost from South. massive year

Reply #40520 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

Luke Frost from South. massive year

Reply #40521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reesy he comes off the bench he can make the trophy for himself

Reply #40599 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

Doug Hudson.

Reply #40602 | Report this post

iRonee  
Years ago

Wouldn't the best bench in the ABL be reflective of the best reserves side? On paper yes. After political buls*&%,... I'm sorry, did you want deep pan or thin?

Reply #44317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754