GWB
Years ago

Are NBL Coaches in America capitalising on NBA-SL?

Does anyone know which (if any) NBL coaches are in the US to see the Summer League in person? maybe to pick up potential imports? Seems to me very few imports have been signed. It is as if they are waiting for this to conclude or they are just clueless about what they want.

Some potential NBA draft pick for 2015 said he was now looking to play overseas first.. Emmanual Mudiay? .. Are NBL teams going to have a look?

We had Johnny Flynn, then we had rotnei clarke and James Ennis.. so far, we haven't got the "big name" import that the marquee rule was meant to yield.

Topic #34903 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

This is Emmanuel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wwPlw4Lmxs

Reply #483080 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Apparently Fearne is. He goes over every year. Be it one or both comps, I don't know

Reply #483087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Going by tweets, I think Anstey and Wright are over there. I think Gordie was supposed to be going over also.

Reply #483091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordie gleeson vickermann fearne anstey and wright are. Don't know about cotter and dennis isn't as townsville have their imports signed

Reply #483121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon above is correct.

Reply #483129 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"so far, we haven't got the "big name" import that the marquee rule was meant to yield."

As far as I know only three imports have been signed.

Reply #483130 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, with 3/16 imports signed, and no marquees, and the summer league only just ending, I don't know what the OP is expecting.

Reply #483146 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754