Lance_Uppercut
Years ago

Boomers Lead-in games for World Cup

Lemanis announced the Boomers will be playing 10 games prior to the World Cup the most they have played leading into a tournament, against Lithuania, Finland, France, Ukraine (and possibly Angola).

Basketball Australia hasn't release a schedule as yet.

Lithuania have released their schedule of lead in games prior to the world cup, they will be playing 14 games. including matches against, Ukraine, Finland, Australia, Slovenia, Croatia, Brazil, New Zealand, Greece, Latvia

Topic #34916 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

I wonder how much of a factor the poor organisational skills of BA, and I suppose their budget, has affected results in major tournaments. Australia is known to start tournaments slowly. We also usually have many fewer preparation games compared with other teams. Coincidence?

The advantage of playing games together, developing chemistry, cannot be underestimated in these major international tournaments.

Reply #483195 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delly, Exum & Bairstow all given early leave from NBA duties to attend camp as well.

Reply #483208 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

rjd, how do you know that in this space BA's organisational skills are poor?

Surely the predominant factor for the Boomers (and Opals) in preparing is cash, not capacity.

Reply #483210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Goulding?

Reply #483248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ I'd like to know that too, Re Goulding ?

Reply #483254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the televise them.

Reply #483319 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

So only Lithuania and France are legit international teams.

Great preparation...

Reply #483551 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Pretty sure Finland is atleast a solid team, as is Ukraine? I wouldn't sleep on any European side.. They are not like the asian or african nations.. It is an extremely strong region for Basketball and the tournaments for qualifications are cut-throat. Even the average Euro side is likely to be better then your best sides of Asia.. and maybe Africa.

Reply #483558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754