Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Television deal 15/16 ?

According to Boti:

"A rejuvenated free-to-air TV deal and NBL-TV package in 2015-16 will be when more clubs will be able to take advantage of Ennis' breakthrough and the marquee option."

Does this mean a TV deal has already been organised for 2015-2016?

If so, does anyone know of more details?

Topic #34921 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

What channel?? My guess it will go to 7mate, aren't they trying to turn it into a sports channel?

Reply #483292 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Anybody know or have an educated guess to whether or not the next deal with be tied to the continuation of 40 minute games? I desperately want to see a return to 48 minute games.

Reply #483295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike, I couldn't agree more about the 48 minute games. If the NBL were to commit to making a genuine effort to keep the game moving then 48 minute games might be feasible within TV time slots.

Other sports, e.g. AFL, seem to be intent on cutting out stoppages and time wasting to make the games more enjoyable for spectators. The NBL doesn't seem to see this as an issue?

I think there are lots that they could do to keep the action going. I would start with the coaches time outs. The coaches have plenty of opportunities to instruct their teams, why do they need a further five 1 minute time outs?

That is up to 10 minutes of stoppages where the spectators and TV viewers need to be entertained. Perhaps there could be less of them and they could be shorter?

It would be good to see the NBL instructing the refs to get on with the game and not let players take too long to get into place for the next play etc.

Reply #483361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754