Whitey
Years ago

Lance Stephenson to Hornets for $27m/3

Lance has signed with the Hornets 3yrs $27M

The Hornets and Wizards are going to push the East this year.

Who is everyone's pick for East champs? I have the bulls with a healthy D.Rose.

Topic #34923 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why when Indiana offered 45 mil,

Reply #483300 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Get away from Hibbert or more opportunities or fresh start - who knows.

Reply #483301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's weird as it's same $ per year than indiana

Does he feel that they'll do better than the pacers???

Will the pacers fall down the east rankings with miami?

Lewis has left the heat and gone to the mavs for one year minimum.

Reply #483306 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

I think he's backing himself to be a better player in 3 years time & get the 12 mil a year he wants once this contracts expires. Also the NBA salary cap increases in 2 years time to around $80 mil, so if he lives up to his potential & gets the crap out of his game, teams have the room to offer him a higher contract.

Where to know for Indy?
They looked liked the favourites in the east with Miami losing Lebron back to Cleveland. Paul George is a superstar, but Hibbert looked horrible towards the end of the season & CJ Miles is not going to go close to replacing the productivity of Stephenson.

With the Bulls adding Gasol & hopefully a healthy Derrick Rose.
They now look like the favourites to win the east.
(Unless the Cav's can get Kevin Love)

Reply #483312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exaclty, just hope it doesn't go the opposite for Stephenson over the next three years!

Where does a starting line up (projected) of below sit in the east ?

G Walker
G Henderson
F Stephenson
F Vonleh
C Jefferson

Reply #483331 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

A better player than Hayward and a lot cheaper too

Reply #483341 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He only wanted a 3 year deal and Indiana didn't yield to his demands.

Also, for all we know Indiana took that deal off the table when Lance turned it down.

Looks like it might have blown up in his face a bit when Larry Legend refused to budge. Charlotte are ok in a shitty conference, but it's not like they have a wealth of young assets that are going to improve.

I guess he gets to go be THE go-to perimeter guy for a while.

Reply #483379 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

As for East champs: I'm going to go with the Cavs or Pacers or Wizards or Bulls. Lebron is that good and now that he has grown old and wise he'll get the young knuckleheads like Waiters and Irving to buy in and play the right way. The East is just that terrible, even with lots of teams improving. None of those teams deserve to go to the finals but one of them will.

I think Derrick Rose is done. No one comes back from two years off like that to be a superstar again. It just doesn't happen. Especially when your whole game is built on explosiveness. But they'll still be good enough to challenge in a shitty conference.

Reply #483382 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also the Pacers have just signed Rodney Stuckey. Who is a little underrated, but such a terrible fit for this team because he can't shoot.

Reply #483385 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Damn the Wizards have grabbed D.Blair in a sign and trade with the Mavs. This pushes them into the Top 3 in the East in my opinion.

Reply #483481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754