Isaac
Years ago

Cedric Jackson signs with Breakers for two years

Boti breaks the news:

HOLD onto those woollen mittens Breakers fans - Cedric Jackson is on his way back to lead New Zealand's 2014-15 NBL revival.

The signing of Cedric The Entertainer, the import playmaker in consecutive Breakers Championships in 2012-2013, league MVP last year and All Star Five in both his seasons, is expected to be released shortly by the club.

Action Jackson – yeah, I’ve missed him – played in the NBA Summer League last year with Miami Heat in Orlando and Portland Trail Blazers in Las Vegas before signing to play for Union Olimpija in Slovenia.
Full story

Topic #34925 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

Wow great signing for the Breakers,

Great to have a guy as good as him back in the NBL too.

Reply #483357 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

A proven star. Great signing by NZ

Reply #483359 | Report this post

Roger Kakulas  
Years ago

Follow @ClintLThomas , he tweeted this news yesterday morning

Reply #483365 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't see any mentions of Cedric Jackson in that guy's feed...?

Reply #483396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just heard it on the radio here in Auckland. Boom!!! Great work Breakers!!!

Super happy with that news, now to snag Penney for 2015/16

Reply #483398 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

the anon above was me sorry

Reply #483399 | Report this post

Roger Kakulas  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/ClintLThomas/status/489249652596670464

Just thought I would share where I read it

Reply #483418 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice!

Reply #483422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to andthefoul the Breakers used the marquee rule to sign him.

Reply #483430 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Marquee player being used on a player ho is proven to be just that, nice work Breakers Managment

Reply #483439 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Good choice to use the marquee slot to bring him back.

Reply #483441 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Under the marquee rule, is it just the salary that is not considered in the cap, or is it points as well?

Reply #483470 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Points are counted.

Reply #483474 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wow...that is amazing for the league and for the Breakers that Cedric is back.

Although I didn't Kerron Johnson was bad, you can see the difference Cedric brings.

He is worth Marquee money too.

Hopefully the Sixers can gather enough members to get their own Marquee signing.

Reply #483492 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Cool. Played well last Summer League.

Reply #483494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth V Breakers GF on the cards again and unless Perth replaces Ennis with someone of his calibare, expect the breakers to comeout on top.However If Perth can get someone like Ennis, I will tip them to win.That team perth ha last season was one of the best in a long while.

Reply #483498 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

His adjuatments to rule interpretations, specifically on defence, will be very interesting. No doubt the NBL will continue trying to bring this 'Hollywood ball' again next season, which is a good move...just maybe not for Jackson's particular defensive style

Reply #483523 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Quality move.

Reply #483525 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think he'll have too much of an issue with his speed and length. Remember some people said Damian Martin would struggle?!

Reply #483527 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Oh no doubt he's still an elite defender. With the crazy inconsistencies in refereeing last year, can any of us really gauge whether someone would be impacted by those interpretations? Between the small number of games in a season and refs failing to string consecutive nights of decent whistle blowing, we really can't tell.

Theoretically, some of Jackson's defensive tendencies would get whistled under last year's (on paper) interpretations.

Reply #483531 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

great signing , why did he leave in the first place?
still need a backup big man with pledger currently injured

Reply #483589 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Won a couple of titles and thought he'd move on, went to Europe and got paid more but prob didn't enjoy it as much. Didn't make an NBA roster and NZ made a decent financial offer and he knew what he was getting from the club/players/fans.

Reply #483669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was a huge bust in Europe in their second tier European league, Eurocup (level below Euroleague) and in a mid level national league (Adriatic League).

Reply #484345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754