P34
Years ago

Jersey Designs - Brisbane Bullets & Melbourne Utd

Hi all,

I've posted some concepts on here previously and thought I'd upload my latest ones for the NBL.

The first is a rebrand for the Bullets, complete with logo and jerseys.

The next is for Melbourne Utd using the new logo they've released. I know there's anti-United sentiment, and justifiably so. I just took it as a challenge to attempt a jersey for them.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/14453917/Brisbane-Bullets-Rebrand

https://www.behance.net/gallery/18278549/Melbourne-United

Topic #34926 | Report this topic

dave  
Years ago

I teach graphic design and your bullets design is excellent didn't look at the united one cause I hate soccer.

Reply #483378 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

^ LOL

Really like the Bullets design. Nice work.

Reply #483381 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Project34 your designs are awesome! really like the Bullets & Melb Utd jerseys.That Bullets logo looks impressive.

Also, I know you've posted about them before but those Boomers jerseys are sweet!

Reply #483407 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Please, please, please take these to the NBL office.

Reply #483408 | Report this post

spidergoat  
Years ago

I like the bullets uniform but think the logo is a bit too cluttered and cramped.

Reply #483411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cramped is a good word.
Concept is nice.

Reply #483412 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

I think that Bullets logo (especially the one with the "Brisbane Bullets' underneath would be THE best logo the NBL has ever seen.

Unless other people wanna show me some better ones?

Reply #483419 | Report this post

P34  
Years ago

I appreciate the C&C. I won't be sending these to the league or any clubs because it's really an exercise in futility. I learnt my lesson with the 36ers logo! Which is still my favourite one to date.

Reply #483431 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I also loved your 36ers logo. Better than any 36ers logo the club itself ever had. Such a difficult name to do a logo for, but yours is a logo that I could happily wear on a tee.

All of your jersey designs are better than any NBL jersey in the leagues history. It astounds me that this league, that NEEDS a professional look, continues to churn out awful, ugly and uninspired jersey designs.

The NBL and it's clubs should be running to you to design their uniforms. Simple as that.

Reply #483458 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

You really should send your designs to the NBL or someone that matters. Chances are they will be ignored, but on the off-chance they're seriously considered it would only benefit all involved. Virtually all of your designs have been very well received on Hoops - it certainly seems as though you have real talent to share with the league.

Reply #483472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Approach some of the new potential teams before anyone else.

Reply #483475 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

The Bullets uniforms might get you in trouble with the Indiana Pacers since the design is virtually the same. But they're nice designs overall, that's for sure.

Reply #483476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, except a ball has nothing to do with 'Pace'

But a bullet however...

The best logos in the world have subtle touches like he has done, that make people fall in love with the logo.

Very well done

Reply #483480 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I like your work P34, quality is obvious and designs are clean, clever and classical.

I would like to see what some of them would look like with a thin pin stripe added to them, the Melbourne top in particular does look a little like a soccer top, maybe stripes on the top and shorts would work...

A nice change to see the AUS uniform in white and green not the usual gold. The dark version of the Kings uniform needs a lighter contrast to bring the wording out but the colour concept works nicely.

Love the Pelicans logo, nice and better than the NBA's uniform they wear IMHO...

Reply #483486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United ='s bland and boring.

Reply #483488 | Report this post

P34  
Years ago

I won't lie. I'd love to work for the NBL or a team that wouldn't require a huge relocation for my family (Kings, Wollongong).

I've been close a couple of times. Started working at one apparel brand just as their contract with the NBL ended, had a chance to pitch for them again until they went with And1, who have been REALLY disappointing.

Working with another brand though but I don't think NBL is on the agenda. So it remains elusive. It's just a matter of waiting for the opportunity and wishing for the best.

Appreciate the compliments and the constructive criticism too.

I also did the rebrand for the Mandurah Magic of the SBL. I was great to work on, though in the end it was only the logo. They decided to go elsewhere for the jerseys.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/15194073/Mandurah-Magic-Rebrand

Reply #483561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Anon#480

The NBA team called Indiana Pacers is named after Indiana's history with harness racing pacers as well as the Indianapolis 500's pace cars, how whould you draw it up?

I certainly wouldn't use a bullet as the logo! Maybe a horse shoe inside a mag wheel with a basketball sitting in the inner core?

Not an easy one.

Reply #483640 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Really like them.

Reply #483647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 640....

The bullet was in reference to the awesome design P34 did incorporating a bullet into the Brisbane Bullets logo. Not the pacers.

I was stating that the pacers logo (although it may look similar) has nothing to do with 'Pace' unlike P34s creative logo.

Reply #483685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you secret is using the Invisible Man to model. Any playing kit would awesome when worn by the Invisible Man!

Reply #483711 | Report this post

shawn712  
Years ago

Thanks, for exercise I would like to recommend you to wear compression sorts it would be pretty comfortable and fitting at the body. The medical grade that assists with groin, hip injury recovery, and prevention.

Reply #732943 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That's excellent advice for uniform designers, shawn.
I would add that they can also enable a safer towing experience by replacing their existing mirrors with Taurus towing mirrors because everyone could use extra visibility - especially point guards.

Reply #732956 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754