cheezeburger
Years ago

NBA Free Agency

whos going where?
who needs who?

atlanta and the cavs have 28 million in cap space.hawks are after a pg and c.dalembert would fit.

Topic #3493 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Ray Allen - Show me the money!!!

Bucks offered Redd max
Cav's chasing Redd or Ray Allens signature - Lebron being used to lure them in.

Reply #40310 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Can you imagine if Ray goes to the Cavs. Two things will happen:

1) Sonics will dissappear and become nothing again.
2) Cavs will have one of the most potent back-courts in the league.

If Cavs secure this and they can handle both Lebron and Ray's ego's then they are set for a massive year.

Reply #40346 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

the sonics did pretty well with flip murray last time ray was out?
may be a g¡od thing to trade a 'me me me' player

Reply #40391 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Do people think Phoenix did the right thing in trading Quentin Richardson

Reply #40392 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Do people think Phoenix did the right thing in trading Quentin Richardson to NYK?

I think this was a good trade by NY considering Thomas is getting pretty old and they are looking for a more youthful team.

Reply #40393 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I don't see why the suns would give up Q-Rich for Thomas. They went pretty close in the season just gone and I think a few small/minor tweaks was all that is needed for the suns.

Sonics will be fine without Ray, but whoever picks him up will sure be happy!

Reply #40415 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Knicks trade was one of the most craziest things Isiah has done as a GM, almost as good as the Nazr Mohammand for Malik Rose deal. Isiah was an awesome awesome player, but I think a very average GM.

He traded a proven battle hardened power forward/centre (mind you an Eastern PF/centre is much different to a Western PF/centre) for a three point shooter which the Knicks are already loading in, plus a fat contract in that as well. Oh, Thomas was one of nine players in the league to average a double-double last year.

Isiah has a thing for fat contracts. The Knicks are going NO WHERE with a $100 mill payroll. Expect Marbury to be shopped around, he's no longer untouchable. Expect the Knicks to dump Houston with the one off buyout CBA clause.

The tallest player on the roster is 6'10 Tim Thomas, yeah, a really banger there!!! The Knicks traded their best frontcourt player for another 2/3 combo player.

Just how many shots are their stars gonna have when you consider you have Marbury who's a shoot first PG, you have Crawford who's a shoot first 2 guard, you have Tim Thomas as a shoot first small forward, and you now have the guy that jack up the most three's in the league last season. Um, they are nuts is they thinking the new praying mantis, Channing Frye is gonna be their new banger!!!

There are gonna be some seriously bruised ego's in NY next season. Expect a blockbuster trade involving NY.

Q-Rich was basically traded for cap room, Thomas was two years left on his contract with average powerforward money. Q has/had a 6 year contract (not exactly sure on $$$$, but it was pretty fat). This trade (along with no 1st rounder)gives the Suns salary cap room to resign Joe Johnston.

Another beauty about the Thomas contract it expires at the same time Amare/Marion will be looking for a fat contract, so it opens up cap room that where keeping Q would of restricted them.

The Suns have agreed to terms with Raja Bell, which is a great pickup. He's looking at a three year contract for about $4.5 mill a year. He and Thomas give the Suns a bit of nastiness on the defence end, which they lacked last season, plus both can score when required.

A big win for the Suns in my book.

Reply #40459 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the atlanta hawks are very interested in stephon marbury.this deal could happen soon.marbury for al harrington,boris diaw and a second round pick.theres been many rumours on variuos bball sites that i have seen this rumour.i can see it happening.knicks clear out some more cap space.which they are over by about 90million.hawks get there pg that they have been after since jason terry left.

Reply #40687 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, another piece of goss for you, a trade could take place between the Bulls and Hawks shortly. Info is that the Hawks would send Al Harrington to the Bulls and recieve Curry in return, also expect some spare parts to be included. Big win for the Hawks is they can swing this move.

The Hawks released their summer league roster with Randolph Morris is on the list.

Hawks rookies Marvin Williams and Salim Stoudamire will join forces with second-year players Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Royal Ivey, Donta Smith and Diaw.

Reply #40702 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The Sonics have re-signed Ray Allen to a 5-year deal worth about $80 million. The deal won't be official until after July 22nd.

Reply #40705 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Joe Johnson is holding out the Suns for more lettuce. He's pissed that he's only a restricted f/a, and is waiting for offers to come in from other teams before he talks to the Suns. The Suns have made an offer, not sure of the terms, but he apparently wasn't to chuffed about it.

SAR looks like he could be headed to the Nets or Spurs. If the Spurs get him, locked down the title to San Antonio for a while. They would be monsters with Timmy D, Manu, Nazr, Parker and SAR. SAR;s only criteria on his new time is a three letter word.........WIN

If SAR goes to the Brooklyn Nets, they become my choice for East Champions. Kidd, Carter, Jefferson, Kristic and SAR as a starting five is pretty awesome. Pity the Brooklyn Nets don't have a bench...

Reply #40706 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

SAR is a gun im hoping like hell he doesn't resign with the blazers!
Or the spurs! they'll win the title again hands down

Reply #40711 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently the Ray Allen deal has no price confirmed for the first year of the deal. The idea being that the club has flexibility in signing the rest of the roster, maximising chances of the team going further in the finals.

$16m/year. Wow.

Reply #40725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$16m ... Wow indeed. I guess we can expect another article on the evils of basketball.

Reply #40738 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

TR,you spoke about randolon morris.do you know much about him.hes a centre at 6'10 and 266 pounds.he is nba ready and his favourite twam is the hawks.his bio biulds him up massivly.why wasnt he drafted by anyone.the hawks surley muss sign him.

Reply #40766 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, Morris is a legit 6'11. In highschool he averaged 23 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks, and was ranked behind Dwight Howard who was his teammate (that's an awesome HS squad)on the national top HS players. He was heavily recruited out of HS and settled on the powerhouse of Kentucky.

A lot of good players missed out on this draft, but early on this kid was a mid/late first round pick, but had shitty workouts and didn't impress at all. Apparently he's similair to Jamaal Magloire so if he turns out then the Hawks have a decent Eastern Conference centre.

The knocks on Morris is that he's a below average shot blocker, and not all that great on the D end of things. From what I hear, he probably should of stayed in school for an extra year and gained some more experience. He averaged 8.8 points and 4.2 rebounds in 19.8 minutes last season (freshman) which ain't bad numbers, mind you, I would like more than 4 boards out of my 6'11 centre.

I would almost say that if he plays half decent then the hawks would be silly not to sign him to a FA contract. He could be a steal and probably worth the minimum. 6'11 is 6'11 all day every day.

Reply #40808 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Michael REDD has agreed to resign with the Bucks. He accepted Milwaukee's six-year offer for between $90 million and $96 million. That's $15 mill a season minimum.

Eddie Griffin is back behind bars for breaching his probation (sucked in!!!)

'Mr Sonic', Nate McMillan is the new Blazers head coach. Good luck champ, you'll need it.

The Hawks just waived the only centre they had, Ekezie. Good move Hawks...

Reply #40823 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

my heart is blleding for ekezie TR.hes a nothing player.some abl centres are better than him.

Reply #40865 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Larry Hughes to sign with Cleveland for an average of $12mil per year. Obviously their 3rd choice, behind Redd & Allen, but he's a solid guard. Averaged 22/6/5 on a playoff team last season. The knock on him is his durability, having only played 70+ games twice in 7 season. Also, I'm not sure he fills the Cavs need of a solid shooter from 3 point range. He's a career 27% 3 bomb shooter. Still, he & LBJ together will be exciting to watch, and if the Cavs can get a reasonable PG (IE - Antonio Daniels) then they'll have a good lineup.

Bit of a blow for the Wizards, who were finally starting to look up last season!

Reply #40870 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

joe johnson to hawks.hawks may offer the max.eddy curry a hawks man.for this to happen i expect josh childress and harrington to be traded.or if they want they can take delk,collier,diaw,lue. bascially anyone expect marvin,j smith,stoudamire

Reply #40943 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Looks like Bobby Simmons is going to the Bucks.

They could be a dark horse in the East, Bogut in the middle, TJ running the point, Redd and Simmons on the wings and Joe Smith as the PF. Not a bad line up in the East.

Even with a star in LeBron I was glad to see Redd and Allan not sign with the Cavs. It just proves that players just don't want to play in some locations.

Reply #40951 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

redd didnt want to go to the cavs because he wants to be the teams go to guy.and the same goes for ray allen to.the 2 big free agents are all getting alot of attention from the hawks-curry and joe johnson.curry is needed at the hawks more than joe johnson.we need a class pg than isnt going to demand massive amounts of money eg daniels or earl watson.

Reply #41061 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It looks like Big Z will resigned with the Cavs. Money is around $55mil over 6 years. I guess that helps the Cavs a bit, but they still lack the shooter that would of put them in the playoffs last year.

Look for Gooden to be traded for a more defensive/banger PF. Possibly a trade to the Knicks for Jerome Williams and/or Sweetney. Personally I think a dumbar$e move, but oh well. Gooden is the modern Jimmy Jackson, a bloke that gets continously moved around, but has very solid numbers.

If I were Atlanta I wouldn't touch Curry, I would be chasing Chandler. The Hawks have enough O threats, but they have no defensive stopper, no one to clog the lane and send shots into the stands. Chandler does this. Forget Johnson, and chuck the money at Chandler first, Curry second.

Kwame Brown could be heading to the Lakers in a swap of Caron Butler. Brown bites the big one and Butler is a great SG, which the Wiz need after Hughes bolted to the Lebron's.

SAR looks set for the Brooklyn Nets. He rejected $47 mill over 5 from the Bucks, who inturn used this money to sign Simmons.

Now, just remember where you read this.... Bucks will trade SG Des Mason to the Nuggets for Nene. The Nugs are loaded at the PF and will not move Special K due to looking stupid after giving him the max last season. The Nugs 2 guards and Lenord (f/a) and Buckner (f/a), hardly a starter there!!!. The Bucks are thin at the PF with really only Joe Smith. Gadzuric resigned for 36 mill over 6, but he's Bogut's backup.

Mobley could possibly be a Clipper after the Clips lost Simmons. He could also be a Nugget in a sign and trade for Nene, but the Nugs don't want to strengthen a fellow conference team. At least sending Nene to the Bucks will get him away from the conference.

Daniels could be headed to the Bucks, especially if the Nene for Mason trade goes down. If this happens, I really like the Bucks for a serious playoff push.

Reply #41341 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If this is true than the Bucks will be my new team in NBA LIVE 06!! NENE and BOGUT! What a Combo!! shame about giving up desmond though, he would be taking alley oops from Bogut!

Reply #41348 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

it looks like the most likely free agent to go to the hawks is eddy curry.he has agreed to visit the hakw s and take a medical.

cuttino mobley looks like hes going to sign with the clippers

shareef still undersised

kwame to lakers?

Reply #41513 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The bulls have stated that they will match any offer that any team put to Eddy Curry (nba.com) so i'm not sure if he will be able to leave.

If Kwame thinks he's under the spotlight too much in washington then what the hell is he going to think in Los Angelas!!!

Reply #41546 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kwame is a bust, and if I were the Wizards I would be doing the deal. Sh*t, I would do the deal for a straight swap of Butler for Brown.

The Lakers have offered Caron Butler plus either Vlade or Chucky Atkins or Devean George. I'd take George.

The stick point to this whole trade is that Kwame's agent wants three years on the money, the Lakers only want two years on the money and the 3rd as a team option.

The Lakers want cap space so they can chase Yao and Amare in 2007.

Reply #41552 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Ok, another update.

Cuttino Mobley has signed a five year deal with the Clippers at around $42 million. The Kings got nothing in return, losers considering they gave up a good vet in Doug Christie for him.

The Knicks have made a move by having an agreement with Jerome James from the Sonics, with a 5 year contract for the midlevel exception (around $5 mill a season). Finally a move made by Isiah that makes some sense!!!!

The Lakers have agreed (in principle) to trade Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins to the Wizards for Kwame Brown. A good move by the Wizards.

Haslem officially committed to the Heat's offer of five years and approximately $33 million. He was offered more money by other teams, but wanted to return the love of the Heat when they gave him a chance to play in the NBA.

Rookie free agent Matt Walsh has agreed to sign with the Heat for 1.1 mill over 2 years. All money in the bank.

Flip Murray could be headed to the Wizards. It's believed that the Sonics will not match an offer and paying max to Allen. Another option is the Nuggets.

Antonio Daniels is considering an opportunity to rejoin the Trail Blazers.

Reply #41689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754