Anonymous
Years ago

Boozer A Laker

Lakers have signed boozer for $3.25m. Adds another scoring option (yes defensively horrible) and rebounds. This lakers team, if Kobe healthy, should be able to score a bunch, question is can they keep teams under!

Bledsoe was offered 4 years $48m by the suns. His reply was 5 years $80m. Suns have said they'd match any offers but with recent signing of Thomas and draft pick with dragic, will they let him go?

Baby davis is returning to clippers 1 year $1.2m

Topic #34930 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

If its a contract year boozer might play ok.

Lakers are going to be a defensive seive.

Reply #483511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the flip side, great news for the Bulls and our boy Cam!

Reply #483526 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

As a Boston fan I love this move.

Reply #483530 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

So, Lakers draft Randle (a 4), have signed Ed Davis (also a 4) and now signed Boozer (also a 4).

I'd also think Jordan Hill is probably more of a natural 4 than a 5 too.

I'm guessing someone is going to be playing out of position a bit this coming season, maybe Boozer at the 5 in a small ball line up or Randle as a 3?

Reply #483534 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Jim Buss has no idea. For all we know he plans on using Boozer as a 2 guard.

Reply #483536 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

The plan is to put together a team capable of rebounding for Kobe's missed shots and able to then get the ball back to Kobe.

Reply #483539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaaahh, Maxymoo LOL, you have nailed it again Magoo!

Reply #483541 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Plan?

Jim Buss' plan looked like this

Plan A : Sign LeBron or Carmelo
Plan B : Scramble

It's worth mentioning again - the Lakers don't have their 2015 pick. Nope. It's gone.

Reply #483559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well you're wrong actually it's a protected pick so technically they have a chance of retaining the pick

As for Randle he can handle the ball quite well so may even be used like an of odom type player.

End of the day lakers are better than last season! Who knows if they're bad they may get another first rounder.

Reply #483566 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It will be fun watching Kobe go for 40 every night though. I hope he comes back healthy and makes a run at the scoring title.

Boozer could have a big year playing for his money. He's such a selfish, greedy player and it could work out for the Lakers as they make a run for the 8th seed in the West.

Could this team be worse than last year?

Reply #483568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Hilarious how many Laker hater tools there are that don't actually know how the system works.
If LA bomb out this year and jag a top 5 pick, it's theirs to keep.

Can't wait to see the Lakers reload with Westbrook, Love or Durant and be relevant after Kobe has retired.
And before you say K Love has gone to Cleveland, let's be realistic. K Love won't commit long term to live in Cleveland when LeBron has only signed for 2 seasons.
Cleveland will get him for this year only then it's off to the purple and gold for the mumbas last season for a laker title.

Hahahahahaha

Reply #483571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a lakers fan but you don't know how the system works. Lebron will sign after the deal. The only reason he didn't sign longer now is because the new cab and television deals will be signed by two years time. This means a larger salary cap and more money for Lebron to sign long term.

Reply #483575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry cab that should be

Reply #483576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cba spellcheck !!!!

Reply #483594 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"So, Lakers draft Randle (a 4), have signed Ed Davis (also a 4) and now signed Boozer (also a 4).

I'd also think Jordan Hill is probably more of a natural 4 than a 5 too."

The Lakers are copying the ways of their arch nemesis Danny Ainge - corner the market on mediocre PFs and under no circumstances hire a centre who can defend the rim!

Reply #483596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha Beantown, I'll give you a Tommy Point for that one. On a serious note, here's to hoping young Zeller can develop into a solid centre.

Reply #483636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't call Randle a mediocre power forward just yet.
Boozer would be ok at pf if they had a defensive centre. The lakers will look at two years time to hopefully become a contender.

Reply #483660 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Anyone who thinks having that pick top 5 protected somehow makes the Lakers predicament okay is an absolute homer.

If the Lakers are utterly putrid and get, say, Pick #4, they are safe. If the Lakers are really, really bad and get, say, Pick #7, they get nothing for being really, really bad.

The line between being utterly putrid and really, really bad is pretty thin.

And besides, the Lakers could be utterly putrid and still land outside the top 5 picks. There is no guarantee.

The Lakers traded the 2015 pick (to Pheonix) and the 2017 pick (to Orlando) because management thought those picks would be really low because they figured a healthy Steve Nash would still be teaming with Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol winning tons of regular season games and championships in 2015 and 2017. If they knew how it would have played out, they would have never traded those picks.

Top 5 protected or not, any team with the roster the Lakers are about to roll out with want their draft pick. 100%.

Trading those picks was a Jim Buss gamble that wen't totally and utterly wrong.

The Lakers will enter the off-season with, chances are, Julius Randle and cap space and nothing else. Yes, LA is a lure. But I don't know if the current Lakers ownership has the same pull factor that Dr. Buss traditionally had.

Reply #483671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With two spots left I hope the lakers can sign okafor and marion.

This will give them

G - Lin / Nash / Clarkson
G - Bryant / Henry
F - Marion / Young / Davis / Johnson
F - Boozer / Randle / Kelly
C - Okafor / Hill / Sacre

Better than last season!

Reply #484139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill and maybe Young would start over Okafor and Marion. Otherwise not a terrible team, can give a few teams trouble

Reply #484144 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Will be amongst the league leaders in games missed to injury.

Reply #484155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't start young over marion at all. Marion is a better defender and rebounder. Young comes off the bench as a scorer.
If okafor is healthy then start him as a better defender than hill.
Offensively they have guys that can put the ball in the basket but need rim protection ie davis and okafor

Reply #484188 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754