Anonymous
Years ago

Exum is not ready

He had another poor performance in the Summer League today. 5 points on 1-8 shootings, 2 assists, 0 rebounds and 3 turnovers.

If this guy puts up numbers like these in the Summer League, how do you think he'll go playing at the World Cup?

He is a 12th man at best at the moment for the Boomers.

Topic #34933 | Report this topic

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

We'll pass it on to Andrej

Reply #483600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't read too much into what was overall a rubbish summer league game. I watched most of it , obvious he isn't comfortable on the wing. They threw it to him a few times and cleared out, he didn't have much. Better letting him run things for mine. In his defence, the isolation stuff was just poor team offense. He is also not in good condition, needs to get fitter and stronger, will get better and better. Impact player off bench for boomers

Reply #483602 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Stats never tell the full story.. Statistically a poor game but could have done many useful things. World Championships is a different ball game to summer league but I expect he wont be a main cog in the machine this year.

Reply #483603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can't even last 20 minutes before being absolutely spent

Reply #483605 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I watched today's game too and I agree with the comment above about poor conditioning. He also didn't look as dialed in today as he should have. Burke threw a couple of passes to him in transition and he missed them because he wasn't looking to receive the ball as he should've been.

We should also give some credit to the Spurs D in today's game. They did a great job of blitzing all the Jazz's pick and rolls and they would not allow Dante or Trey to turn the corner most of the game.

Having said that I would qualify the OP's thread title to say: "Exum is not ready to start". He is absolutely ready to contribute to the Boomers off the bench.

He's probably not going to bring it every game, but he could absolutely burn a few teams at the World Cup because he can beat his man off the dribble AND he is a threat to either score at the rim OR find the open man when he does.

Reply #483606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Don't read too much into what was overall a rubbish summer league game. I watched most of it , obvious he isn't comfortable on the wing. They threw it to him a few times and cleared out, he didn't have much. Better letting him run things for mine. In his defence, the isolation stuff was just poor team offense. He is also not in good condition, needs to get fitter and stronger, will get better and better. Impact player off bench for boomers"

Yeah apparently the stats don't tell the story. They played him out of position and apparently he still made a few good passes and impressed despite the poor shooting.

Delly also shot 3-11 one game with 6 turnovers. So i guess he shouldn't be in the NBA next year either?

Reply #483609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and 12th men is completely ridiculous. There's a reason why Exum was a top ten pick and NBA clubs don't give a crap about guys like Goulding and Martin.

Reply #483610 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

All valid observations of his performance today, but if the 5th pick in the NBA draft is our 12th man, we must have a very very strong squad.

Reply #483611 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's a summer league game. I can tell Exum is going to have a lot of haters out there like Mills and Bogut. It's the Aussie way!

Lebron James scored just 9 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist and 5 turnovers in his second summer league game in 2003.

Reply #483612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBust!

Reply #483614 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

Whether or not Date is ready for a major role in our WC team depends on how many better options we have rather than his recent form.

Who's ahead of him, at PG/SG at the moment?

Reply #483615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many of the posters here have actually played basketball somewhere an elite level let alone Summer League.

Reply #483616 | Report this post

the tonight show  
Years ago

give them a break - look at skylar diggins rookie year - very so, so - but her sophomore year - wow !

Reply #483617 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Looks like he will have his share of haters just like Patty, Delly and Goulding which is a shame because they're 4 of our best guards in this country.

Reply #483618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeStupid Post!

Reply #483619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum will silence the haters just like Patty and Delly did

Reply #483620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Delly also shot 3-11 one game with 6 turnovers. So i guess he shouldn't be in the NBA next year either?"

I never said Exum shouldn't be in the NBA.

"There's a reason why Exum was a top ten pick and NBA clubs don't give a crap about guys like Goulding and Martin."

Yeah, because he has amazing potential.

"It's a summer league game. I can tell Exum is going to have a lot of haters out there like Mills and Bogut. It's the Aussie way!"

Ah yes... I'm a "hater"... Good one! And yeah, Exum can't get through 20 minutes of summer league play without being exhausted, but he's going to be fine at the World Cup. Nice logic.

"Who's ahead of him, at PG/SG at the moment?"

I would be much more comfortable with Delly/Newley/Martin/Goulding. At least they have the fitness to play over 20 minutes a game.

"So how many of the posters here have actually played basketball somewhere an elite level let alone Summer League."

Oh yeah... you're right... I guess that means Exum is ready.... Good point....

Reply #483621 | Report this post

Haters Love  
Years ago

Haters Gonna Hate

Hey OP what's wrong did Cecil dunk on yo ass all those years ago?

Give the kid a chance to get settled.

Reply #483622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey guys... saying Exum isn't ready doesn't make you a "hater".

Reply #483623 | Report this post

Haters Love  
Years ago

And do you know what is going on behind the scenes? He may be on some form of training regime that could be leaving him flat to increase another area?

Reply #483624 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I think playing alongside a team oriented guy like Delly will help. We need to be patient. With Mills out Exum needs to be given a good look.

Reply #483625 | Report this post

Cecil, Cecil are you out there????

Please read this thread, please!

Reply #483626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still remember everyone saying that Delly would never get an NBA contract and that Patty would get dropped. Haters still hating.

Reply #483627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP says - 'Exum is not ready.'

'He is a 12th man at best at the moment for the Boomers.'

Really, based on not one second of Boomers camp leading up to the world cup, gosh this is an amazingly qualified statement!

Yes, original post, he is ready. Ready to show what he can do in front of the AUS National coaches, so can we suggest you save your opinion until a fair trial can be judged.

Reply #483628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I still remember everyone saying that Delly would never get an NBA contract and that Patty would get dropped. Haters still hating."

Great counterargument! I'm convinced, Exum should definitely start!

Reply #483629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if the 5th pick in the NBA draft is our 12th man, we must have a very very strong squad."

He was a project pick. Did you really think he was going to step into the NBA and dominate straight away? The Jazz clearly drafted him for his potential (which I think is clear) rather than any significant immediate impact.

I think he'd definitely have benefited from a year in college like the other top picks but the school year in Australia not aligning with America means he would have had to jump in mid-season, which is far from ideal, and you can hardly expect someone to wait half a year and then go to college when they're already a projected top 5 pick.

Reply #483630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love how all you guys can do is get defensive and call me a hater. It doesn't worry you guys that Dante can't last 20 minutes without being exhausted? Or the fact that he has played any real games against men in his life? (No, the 5 minutes he got with the Boomers last year don't count).

Reply #483631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where can you watch these summer league games, are they on NBA League Pass or something?

Reply #483632 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Kid is still young and at least a year in development & age behind those in his draft class. Ease up on the kid, he'll adjust, learn & grow in the next year or so.

Reply #483635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kid is still young and at least a year in development & age behind those in his draft class. Ease up on the kid, he'll adjust, learn & grow in the next year or so."

Yeah, I agree with that. But the World Cup is a month away. It doesn't matter how good he'll be next year.

Reply #483637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I never said Exum shouldn't be in the NBA."

I should rephrase - Dellu shouldn't be in our World Cup side then. What i was getting at is that anyone can have an off day.

"Yeah, because he has amazing potential."

There has to be a basis for potential though. He's constantly shown good leadership, passing and court vision not to mention that lightning quick first step. His stats in the summerleague aren't mind blowing but stats are misleading. And pretty much every player is drafted on 'potential' to some extent.

"I would be much more comfortable with Delly/Newley/Martin/Goulding. At least they have the fitness to play over 20 minutes a game."

Ok, first - Martin? A guy who can't even average 10 ppg in the NBL? Enough said. Delly - fair enough. Goulding is a good shooter and scorer but i don't know if i'd put him ahead of Exum. Newley's shot is as bad as Exum's and his basketball iq is nowhere near as good.

Reply #483638 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

"I would be much more comfortable with Delly/Newley/Martin/Goulding. At least they have the fitness to play over 20 minutes a game."

For mine, none of those guys will score as easily as Dante if offensive sets aren't working (Happens lots in Int. Ball), due to the loss of Patty, Andre may be forced to play Dante if offense is stagnant.

Ignore the hater stuff OP.

Reply #483639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Love how all you guys can do is get defensive and call me a hater. It doesn't worry you guys that Dante can't last 20 minutes without being exhausted? Or the fact that he has played any real games against men in his life? (No, the 5 minutes he got with the Boomers last year don't count)."

He's held his own in the summerleague. Despite the poor shooting last game. His passing and slashing has been very effective.

Reply #483641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"For mine, none of those guys will score as easily as Dante if offensive sets aren't working (Happens lots in Int. Ball), due to the loss of Patty, Andre may be forced to play Dante if offense is stagnant. "

He's two free throws waiting to happen. With his speed ans first step his ability to get to the rim and draw will fouls be quite useful when the offense has become stagnant.

Reply #483643 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

You can see the potential with Exum. Bear in mind if he corrects his shot and tightens his handle he could end up being better than both Wiggins and Parker, because he has more advanced court vision and 'feel' for the game than Wiggins, and more explosive speed than Parker. Both of these skills are pretty hard to acquire if you don't already have them.

On a side not I feel extra sorry for Patty Mills now. Exum is obviously not ready for a major role yet, but if he improves as projected this might have been Patty's last chance at a major tournament to be the Boomers 'main man'.

Reply #483644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New anon- but I from reading I have to agree. He's not ready. Most people knew this when he got drafted. He's a project player. He will be very good one day, but maybe not just yet.

Reply #483645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I should rephrase - Dellu shouldn't be in our World Cup side then. What i was getting at is that anyone can have an off day."

Delly has already proven himself at an international/professional level though at the Olympics and in the NBA. Dante hasn't done ANYTHING against men to suggest that he is ready yet.

"Ok, first - Martin? A guy who can't even average 10 ppg in the NBL? Enough said. Delly - fair enough. Goulding is a good shooter and scorer but i don't know if i'd put him ahead of Exum. Newley's shot is as bad as Exum's and his basketball iq is nowhere near as good."

Again, what has Exum shown to suggest he is ahead of Martin, Newley and Goulding? These guys are proven professionals. Martin is a four time best defensive player and has already played at a World Championship. Goulding led the NBL in scoring and has played MUCH better in the Summer League than Dante has. Newley has played at a high level in Europe for seven years now and also played at the major international tournaments in 2006/2008/2010/2012.

Exum has....ummm..... well he played a couple of minutes for the Boomers against NZ last year....

Reply #483646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"New anon- but I from reading I have to agree. He's not ready. Most people knew this when he got drafted. He's a project player. He will be very good one day, but maybe not just yet."

I wouldn't call him a project player. Project players normally tend to be super athletic guys who don't really have top level skills or a feel for the game yet. All Exum needs is experience and a jump shot.

"Delly has already proven himself at an international/professional level though at the Olympics and in the NBA. Dante hasn't done ANYTHING against men to suggest that he is ready yet."

His play in the summer league would prove otherwise. He has held his own quite well.

"Again, what has Exum shown to suggest he is ahead of Martin, Newley and Goulding? These guys are proven professionals. Martin is a four time best defensive player and has already played at a World Championship. Goulding led the NBL in scoring and has played MUCH better in the Summer League than Dante has. Newley has played at a high level in Europe for seven years now and also played at the major international tournaments in 2006/2008/2010/2012."

A four time best defensive player....in the NBL. Goulding has done basically nothing besides his 14 point game. And ha might be good in Europe but the past few tournaments Newley has been very average for Aus. He bricks too many shots and makes stupid decisions.

Reply #483650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if you asked an NBA team if they would rather want Dante Exum on their team or someone like Goulding, Newley, Marin etc. this year (so i'm not talking about potential) do you really think they wouldn't pick Exum?

Reply #483651 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

If Andre takes a similar view of Dante & plays it safe with the good'ol boys for most of the WC we won't even know if he's ready.

Granted with Martin or Newley you know what you'll likely get but it wont get us past the better teams in group D, but if Dante go's off anything could happen.

Reply #483653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"A four time best defensive player....in the NBL."

Yeah, and Exum has never played in a competition as good as the NBL. He has never played in any professional league.

"Goulding has done basically nothing besides his 14 point game."

Goulding is averaging 8.3ppg on 44% shooting. Dante is averaging 6.75ppg on 32.% shooting. Not to mention Dante is exhausted after 20 minutes on the court.

"And ha might be good in Europe but the past few tournaments Newley has been very average for Aus. He bricks too many shots and makes stupid decisions."

And what has Dante done for the Boomers?

Reply #483654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And if you asked an NBA team if they would rather want Dante Exum on their team or someone like Goulding, Newley, Marin etc. this year (so i'm not talking about potential) do you really think they wouldn't pick Exum?"

They would pick Exum because he has amazing potential. What's your point?

Reply #483655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with all the so called "haters" who are just implying that he will have a poor season and isn't ready for World Cup this year. You are all right he isn't ready but he should still make the team for experience alone. Learning of delly, gibbo and d Martin will teach him exactly what he needs to do to be a consumate pro.

I have predicted that he will have a very poor season at Utah but no way will I write his career off because his work ethic is extremely strong. A number of players especially 19yr olds often struggle plenty of years to become great

Reply #483658 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd consider Exum a project pick. The Jazz can ease him in with 15 MPG and gradually build his confidence and strength.

I still remember everyone saying that Delly would never get an NBA contract and that Patty would get dropped. Haters still hating.
You remember some people making either negative comments or qualified criticism. All players are going to have their backers and their critics. In many cases on here, someone offering qualified criticism is instantly labelled a hater and it's ridiculous.

I can see Exum being a spark off the bench this World Cup. Where he was picked and what his future holds are largely irrelevant to much beyond blooding him and they don't need to start him for that.

I think OP is a bit off with his 12th man comment though, especially now that Mills is out. With Mills, I think that backcourt is a bit crowded with Mills, Delly and Ingles being pretty obvious picks and then guys like D Martin, Goulding and Gibson are either tough or fiery which always helps. Was Markovic named to the Boomers squad?

Reply #483659 | Report this post

Gin 'N Juice  
Years ago

Exum has played at Adidas Nations and killed it there. The way he played there is the reason he was picked so highly! (I'm not sure if it was Adidas Nations, but the game where it is America Vs The World) He absolutely killed it and he was playing against the best international prospects and some great American prospects. So, he actually has played against talent, and held his own.
So, to assume he isn't ready is a big statement. He may not be conditioned, which does extremely effect performance. A month of intense training can change that.

Reply #483662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holy shit!! Goulding had a 14 point game?

Seriously, if ya gonna post check ya freakin spelling and grammar bitches!!

Reply #483664 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

He's just turned 19 ! He's young and has got alot of growing to do. By memory Bryant and James had slow starts in some of their summer league games. He will be great in a year or 2

Reply #483665 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Exum hadn't played in months leading up to summer league & he's 19 years old. Plenty of guys that have struggled in summer league have gone on to have great careers.

Reply #483666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys, I'm not saying he won't have a great career! I'm saying he's not ready for the World Cup, which is a month away!

Reply #483668 | Report this post

Gin 'N Juice  
Years ago

Poor fitness extremely affects skill level. Once he is fitter, he will be much better. And a month of intense training can dramatically improve his fitness level, therefore, raising his level of play.

Reply #483670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't Michael Carter-Williams absolute rubbish in summer league last year?

The biggest concern I'd have out of this game is that Dante seems to struggle off the ball. The Boomers probably can't afford for him to be ball-dominant at this stage in his development, so my question would be what he can contribute in another role? I think he's going to be good at Worlds this year and great in the long run, for what it's worth.

Reply #483672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He needs to participate in a man's world now and learn with the Boomers. So many critics, let the kid develop in his own time.

Reply #483673 | Report this post

420YET?  
Years ago

I reckon Exum should only play 20 mins a game in his first year of NBA. Depending on injury and ladder position i don't see the point on playing him anymore, I'm guessing Utah might build up Burke more and trade him out, seeing Exum as there long term PG. Play him 15 mins a game at the Worlds and be done with it. I'll only judge him after the end of his second year of NBA. If he's a poor man version of Rose, Westbrook or Wade, he could have a very long career.

Reply #483675 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Training camp and lead up games will determine how many minutes dante plays at the World Cup. I imagine he will be in the 12 no matter what, but whether he plays 5 minutes or 20 is yet to be known.

The unique skills he can bring to the boomers have been evident at summer league, just not consistently enough. Personally I think once he is up to nba game fitness, his productivity will improve out of sight. Doing individual workouts and playing high school ball won't have him game fit for the World Cup, but I imagine training at a professional nba club, summer league, boomers camp and a bunch of international lead up games will.

It's not like he is unfit, just not nba game fit yet, he'll be fine.

Reply #483676 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Of course he's not ready! That's obvious, he's a kid who hasn't played much ball.

The good thing about the WC is he probably won't be relied upon to carry a load. Delly, Ingles, Goulding, Martin and/or Gibson will fill the various roles in the backcourt.

But Dante will be the x-factor. He is already capable of doing some special things, and at some point(s) I think that's going to be pretty handy for the Boomers.

Reply #483678 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Perhaps a season with the Sixers will assist with his development!

Reply #483680 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Goulding is shooting 50% from 3pt at Summer League, impressive

Reply #483682 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hard to argue Spinner. Goulding could probably use another year under Joey too, right?

Reply #483684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I reckon Exum should only play 20 mins a game in his first year of NBA." So which NBA team are you coaching?

Reply #483688 | Report this post

MCV  
Years ago

I watched Exum play 2 minutes in a Summer League game and he didn't score 20 points in that amount of time. He's a bust for sure. Bring back Greg Hubbard.

Reply #483692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #483695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg Hubbard ... Gold! Or maybe Scott Ninnis

Exum does look flat, but he'll most likely rebound a bit and have a good WC off the bench 4 boomers. Utah will bring him off bench to (I hope), 20 mins a game as someone already said. He's had a pretty massive few weeks, for a guy just 19 years old, he's doing ok

Reply #483699 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Consider these are the first 3 or 4 games hes played in a year also. Most other players have just finished a college season or playing some other pro league..

Reply #483701 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

OP's not without merit; Dante has struggled a fair bit at times. It's not that he's struggling from a talent level, as he shown some really nice flashes and his first game in particular showed that the #5 pick wasn't too high at all, but he's completely gassed after 5 minutes and thus hasn't figured out how to score and has been prone to fading out of games. He obviously has incredible feel for the game and physically and athletically he's as impressive as any other high pick, he's just behind the 8-ball as far as everything else goes.

As for the WC, I doubt he was going to be expected to play more than a backup role off the bench, and that probably doesn't change even without Mills. Delly will start, then you have Goulding, Ingles, Newley, Gibson/Martin to get minutes in the back court. Exum's good enough to play, as he's shown the he can do things that no other guard we have available can do, but at this stage expecting him to give us anything more than a bit of a spark off the bench is probably unrealistic.

Reply #483712 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I expect the only time Exum will get meaningful minutes is in the game against Korea. Everything else will be 5 or 10 mins tops. Thats fine though. The kids going to be a gun.. but he is a bit behind the 8 ball. A lot of that I think will be due to not playing games since last year. But the kid will chip in. I just think expecting him to be 'the man' becaise he was a high draft pick is a bit narrow minded. He isn't going to set the NBA alight too soon, nor the World Champs. But come the olympics.. he will be one of the main guys I am sure.

Reply #483714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was hoping he would have a useful role at the World Cup, but agree he will be 12th player.
Why is he so unfit?
Defensively he is rather ordinary, especially off the ball, this despite his long arms and quick lateral ability. Compare to Delly at the same age.
Stands and watches off the ball, could be part fitness again there.
Doesn't seem to provide any spark or hustle.
Likely isn't in the top 30 players in Australia - right now.
Obviously he will improve and has flashes of a young Kobe.
Is now one of the faces of Australian basketball.
But if he wasn't selected or was suddenly unavailable wouldn't surprise me.

Reply #483715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeah, and Exum has never played in a competition as good as the NBL. He has never played in any professional league."

Summerleague teams would beat NBL teams. And while Dante didn't shoot particularly well. He impressed with his vision, passing and playmaking. Also he played in the Hoops Summit against guys like Randle, Smart, Parker etc. All who would easily average 20 ppg in the NBL.

"Goulding is averaging 8.3ppg on 44% shooting. Dante is averaging 6.75ppg on 32.% shooting. Not to mention Dante is exhausted after 20 minutes on the court."

So he's averaging a point and a half more? That's MUCH better? Dante needs to work on his shooting and conditioning thats true. But as i said before his playmaking, passing and vision on the court really made him more valuable than the stats would declare. Dante averaged a point less and with worse percentage but had a much bigger impact.

"And what has Dante done for the Boomers?"

Nothing yet because he hasn't been given a chance. This upcoming World Cup will be his first real chance with decent minutes.

"They would pick Exum because he has amazing potential. What's your point?"

They would pick him because even now he could do more for them than those others would. They would be useless against top level competition whereas Dante's speed, slashing ability and passing alone would give them something that they could actually use.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Exum should be 'the man' at the World Cup and take all the shots but not including him or having him as a 12th man is just ridiculous. He should be playing around 20 mpg. People like to use Exum's youth and inexperience as a downside to him playing but even now he'd more useful than guys like Gibson and Martin who won't be anything other than NBL players. And i'm talking about NOW, not potentially.

Reply #483716 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Goulding to sign 2 year $1.3m deal ive been informed.

Great for him

Reply #483721 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think you should read much into summer league. The talent level is very good, but the organisation is almost non-existent, which is the most important part of basketball.

We will find out what Dante is capable of at the WC level shortly, but playing teams like Slovenia and Lithuania will be very tough for an inexperienced kid.

Hopefully he can provide a spark off the bench, but if not we have other experienced veterans who can give us plenty in their various roles.

Reply #483725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Goulding to sign 2 year $1.3m deal ive been informed.

Great for him"

Good on him! Good shooters are always useful. I think that Brock Motum should get a contract aswell. He's been playing out of his skin.

Exum shot poorly again against portland but lead his team in +- with +17. Once this kid learns to shoot he will be unreal.

Next season could be a record one for Australia. We could potentially have

Bogut
Delly
Exum
Mills
Goulding
Motum
Bairstow

in the league at the same time.

Reply #483753 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Hold up where did you hear Gouldings getting a contract?

Certainly hope hes available for the Worlds..

Will this mean Australia will have the most NBA players of any country that is not the USA?

also anonymous, you forgot Baynes.. could be 8.

and with luck maybe Ingles too? 9.

Reply #483755 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

.. or maybe four! But lets hope it's closer to your number!

Reply #483756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Will this mean Australia will have the most NBA players of any country that is not the USA?"

Canada has 13.

Reply #483760 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

13? then how didnt they qualify for the worlds?

Reply #483761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because only four of them played at the 2013 FIBA Americas tournament.

Reply #483762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hold up where did you hear Gouldings getting a contract?

Certainly hope hes available for the Worlds..

Will this mean Australia will have the most NBA players of any country that is not the USA?

also anonymous, you forgot Baynes.. could be 8.

and with luck maybe Ingles too? 9."

I knew i forgot someone! I've also searched on the info for Goulding's contract and can't find anything.

I doubt Ingles gets an NBA contract this year.

And that would be Spain still, wouldn't it?

"or maybe four! But lets hope it's closer to your number!"

Well Baynes, Mills, Delly, Bairstow, Exum and Bogur are definite. So 6 at the least. and 5 if Macdub is right about Goulding. Motum would be very unlucky to not get a contract after his terrific NBA play.

"Canada has 13."

The amount of basketball talent coming out of Canada is crazy. It's pretty much assumed that Australia and Canada will be the new Spain/Argentina. Hopefully they play each other a few times within the next 5-10 years. A potential future matchup of

Bogut (or humphries if Bogut has retired)
Maker
Simmons
Mills
Exum

vs

Olynyk
Thompson
Wiggens
Stauskas
Ennis

Would be interesting.

Reply #483774 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Does anyone know if Baynes will be back in San Antonio next season?

Reply #483775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently they will match any "reasonable" offer for him: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237570&s=717b34b683edea48623ab7d95ca69658

Reply #483777 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

http://tiny.cc/2rl9ix

Reply #483827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a cool article. This summer league would have been good experience for him. Once he adapts to the NBA and has a passable jumpshot the sky will be the limit for him.

Reply #483844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754