Mark
Years ago

Mills and Baynes in Bris cbd today

Patty Mills and Aron Baynes in Brisbane CBD at midday today and at 4pm at culture kings in the CBD.

Let's hope that there are as many basketball fans in Brisbane as people say there are. Might give us a small(yes I said small) indication if fans will come out and support the Bullets if they return.

If the NBA trophy doesn't bring the basketball fans out, not much will in my personal opinion.

I'll be there.

I'll put some pics up on Instagram if anyone is interested

Mark_Armstrong79

Topic #34939 | Report this topic

A  
Years ago

Totally agree Mark, the turn out in Sydney and Melbourne was fantastic and really showed that basketball is starting to get back to those late 90's days when basketball was well and truly on the Australian sporting map!!

Lets see if Brisbane deserve a team in the NBL, If the fickle Sydney people come out in droves, Brisbane should be the same, no excuses basketball people in Brisbane.

Look forward to the pictures Mark, cheers.

Reply #483743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the boys coming to Adelaide?

Reply #483750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the boys coming to Adelaide?

Reply #483751 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hi guys,

I was at the King George Square event today and there were heaps of people. I'd say at least 1000. I saw a few NBL jerseys here and there. Leroy Loggins and Nate Jawai were also there. It was a great event but the line was huge.

Reply #483770 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Just got back from the city. Great......actually excellent turn out! As NBL Fan said 1000 people if not closer to 1500. The line up was huge to get a picture but credit to the guys who waited. There were fans there from 7.30am today. Just put a couple of pics on Instagram and also Twitter - mg_armstrong79

It was pleasing to confirm that there is a fan base for basketball in Brisbane.

Patty is now off to Cairns with the trophy while Baynes continues on with his honeymoon. Patty then heads to Thursday Island.

Nice job fella's, go Spurs and bring back the Bullets!

Reply #483772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aron and Patty bailed early, so lots of disappointed fans and kids rocking up before 4pm.

Reply #483780 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Do you mean at King George Square Anon? They were only supposed to be there from 12-1 and I left around 1:30 and they were still there.

Reply #483788 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Great to hear Mark and NBL Fan! Hope it gives basketball a bit more momentum up in Brisbane.

Reply #483810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So shit that they didn't come to Adelaide :( you think they would considering that Patty is a massive Crows fan.

Reply #483818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The original plan was for 4pm. Employees at the store apologised to everyone and said that they had changed the times, but most people thought there were 2 sessions in the end.

Reply #483824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754